Panda Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

Counter Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 days ago for an Open House interview for Monday. Interview lasted 5-10 minutes. Said I would here back the next day. Didn't get an email or call regarding her decision so I guess I didn't get the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Humble, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick face to face interview about 15 mins, went over the concept and what to expect, said that I would hear back from them by the end of the week. No long hours and decent benefits is what I like about the job

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in to drop off a resume after applying online and they told me they were hiring and will give me a call back in a few days. Got called in for an interview and the questions asked were a bit hard to answer, but I know I did well as the manager immediately scheduled me for a 2nd interview. I just did the 2nd interview with the main and cook and it was much easier than the first one. The cook liked me a lot and offered me a position!

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call about 2-3 weeks after applying from the location I applied at to come in for an interview. The supervisor interviewed me at the counter because they had barely opened for business and they were very understaffed. She was very kind, asked me simple questions such as what is your availability, how do you respond if someone was doing something wrong, etc.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks for extra chow mein, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing you notice at a Panda Express restaurant ?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by an HR Recruiter from California based on my resume. Was phone interviewed, asked to do a 5 question video interview immediately, and fill out an application. One week later I received an email stating after careful consideration I was not selected. 2 weeks later I was emailed by another Manager asking to interview me. I informed her that I had interviewed already and she immediately recanted her offer to meet interview and said it was a miscommunication.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Panda?   Answer Question
    • Name a difficult situation with an employee/customer?   Answer Question
    • What's your biggest negative Managers have told you about yourself? How do you work to fix that?   Answer Question

Service & Kitchen Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night, and went in for an interview with the general manager the next day. The interview was fairly casual, I went in, was given a cup to get a drink, then sat down with the manager at one of the tables. The interview took about 45 minutes, at the end I was informed that I would receive a call within the next three to five days with an update on my status - I never received this call, only a rejection email. During the interview, the manager was quite rude, answering text messages and phone calls in the middle of our conversation.

Interview Questions

• How will I (the manager) benefit from having you as an employee?   Answer Question
    • How will you respond to coworkers when they complain about my management style?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Panda Express?   Answer Question
    • I do not give compliments when employees do something right, I will only let you know if you are doing something wrong. If I criticize you every day, how will you deal with that?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY).

Interview

1st, it was a phone interview. 2nd, with a 1 area manager and 3rd,a panel with 10 interviewers. Yes, it was 10 people! Each has their own sets of questions. I was really overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you did on your career?   1 Answer

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online,then got a call the next day for an interview the following day. They asked if I wanted a drink while I waited to be interviewed.I was interviewed by a managaee and asked a few questions about my schedule,hours,what I like to do,why Panda Express and I got a run down of the company and it's mission. The next day I did a background check the got a call the day after that to start.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express in February 2017.

Interview

The Area manager came off very coarse and spent more time telling me how great of an area he runs as opposed to asking me any relevant questions pertaining to my ability to fill the position.Being an experienced manager over 20 years and also being a former GM of two Panda concepts simultaneously ,I was really thrown by this particular supervisors approach.I was then told he would contact me in three to five business days to let me know if he wanted to move forward.Never heard from him,I would at least like the common courtesy of actually keeping your word.I don't know who taught this gentleman his interview etiquette but he definitely needs a refresher course.

Interview Questions

• only question I was asked was why did I leave the company almost 10 years ago   Answer Question

Front of the House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Modesto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to Panda Express, got a call the next night asking to interview the next morning. The manger was late but curtious. Once she finished helping the customers we started the interview. I found it odd that she had her phone on the table until she repeatedly stopped the interview to reply to text messages. I offered to reschedule since she was clearly too busy but she insisted on continuing. Whenever I began to answer one of the questions she began to text again.. After we finally got through the questions she started to explain her position and how she got it. She had brought up the fact that I left one job for another with higher pay and more hours and spoke about her ability to remain consistent through her career at Panda. She explained that by the end of the week she would let me know if I could come in for a second interview.. it was Friday and I haven't gotten a call back. It was an unprofessional interview and if I didn't need the money I would have left sooner.