Panda Express Interview Questions in Rosemead, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.5

Guest Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

This interview process took way too long... I had about over 7 interviews. I would pass with certain managers and not pass the others so they would offer different positions. It was just too much.

Interview Questions

• a lot of questions about their company. Need to study the company history's ins&out   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter at a college fair, and was contacted two days after for a screening interview that went really well. Then I got offered to interview in person. The in-person interview was extremely tough. They asked a lot of questions relating to the Panda culture and their values.

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went into interview with a total of seven different people on three separate occasions. The process took about a month, and then they decided not to pursue me for the position, which is fine, but I was left wondering why it took that many people, and so much time not to move forward. I was given a standard email after being in contact with HR for the past month. I found it pretty disrespectful and misleading. Word of advice: Do NOT stop applying to other positions while going through this process.

Interview Questions

• Everyone was always really nice and pleasant to be around. All they really want is for you to live panda, breathe panda, and be panda.   Answer Question

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview asking about your goals and ideals. They talked about their company culture and mentioned about the Seven Habits of Highly Effective people. Standard questions, why do you choose panda, tell us about yourself, what do you think panda could change to become better, what are your strengths and weaknesses. Will you be interested in attending Landmark?

Assistant (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Accidentally went in for an in-person interview when it was suppose to be a phone interview. I also did not prepare well for the interview and therefore was not given an offer. Definitely do your company research and know what they are looking for.

Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, Received a call from a recruiter, scheduled a phone interview a week later, after the phone interview, called in for an in-person interview the week after, they do ask if you read the 7 habits, because their entire company culture and values' based off it.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you executed and followed through with a plan?
      Give us THREE weaknesses
      What was the last book you read?

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call interview couple days after submitting my resume. The phone interview was about 30 mins. Then an in-person interview with the HR representative who contacted me. The in-person interview was about 45 mins. A week later an interview with the director of Design Development and Senior Design Architect for a 40 mins interview. I briefly went through my experiences with them and showed them my portfolio. About two weeks later I interviewed with the VP of the department I applied to. People are all very nice and friendly at the company. There is a Panda Culture or Panda Ways they value at the company and they encourage their employees to also take that culture on in their lives.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about the Panda Ways and culture and how I apply them in my live. They recommended the book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People during my interview process.
      They asked about my strength and weaknesses.

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Applied online through the website and within a week I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was really easy to speak with and asked a set of questions that were mostly open-ended (What have you been doing to give back to the community? Why are you interested in working for Panda?...). After that she asked me about the Mission and Values of the company (Make sure you looked this over!).

Received a call the following Monday to go in for an interview at the corporate office. However, the interviewer emphasized the importance of enrolling and taking "Landmark" courses before meeting upper level management (it's pretty pricey $500, and i think she said there was a 15% discount from Panda). In addition to that, the interviewer said there would be about 6 interviews in total counting the phone interview.

I didn't think it was a good idea for me to take the Landmark courses given that I wanted an offer before doing so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Panda? (The interviewer was looking for a "fit" to the Panda culture not necessarily someone that would stand out)   2 Answers

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from a human resource rep that asked about my work experience and the like, as well as my salary preferences. They then proceeded to schedule me an in person interview. I believe I answered pretty well, although the vibe was not so positive. Most of the interview questions were personality based, and not so much on your actual expertise or knowledge related to the duties.
    In the end, I was suggested that I take Landmark Forum.

Interview Questions

• Is there something that you wanted to change at your previous employment? If so, please explain.   1 Answer

Temporary Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Rosemead, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Alright everyone – let me tell you how my interview went: It is a 4 stage interview ( I only got to 3 so far)----

first had a phone interview with the recruiter and I was told at the end that she wants me to come in for a 1:1 in person interview. I came in and after the 1:1 interview I was told that I will have a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 6 people, most likely the group you will be working with. Let me tell you that they attack you and your resume and question you on EVERYTHING and take it a step further by asking to explain steps on how to do it (see my interview questions below).

I felt that everyone was being very unfriendly and a little rude (that’s probably the typical interview experience) which was very surprising because the culture is completely the opposite.

Anyway I advise you to skim thru the book that they tell you to read. I felt that I did ok in the interview but don’t think I made it– I made it to the 3rd round and I’d be surprised if they called me for the last round. Good luck, it was hard and be ready to be ATTACKED.

Interview Questions

• - Are you proficent in Microsoft Excel?
      - Excel Question: Do you know how to do VLook-Up and give me the steps on how to do it?
      - How do you take a video off the internet and put it on power point?
      - Which of the 7 Habits can you relate to?
      - They asked me where I learned excel and even wanted the website address.