Panda Express Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

two in person interviews, both within a week. Then I got a call back really recently. It was all an easy process, Panda always needs workers anyways, it seems as if they're always hiring due to many people quitting.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about us, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panda Express

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panda Express (Wheeling, IL).

Interview

Just asked about personal interest and problem solving. They generally want to know if you'd be a team player or leader. They want people that like to learn and that don't have attitude (especially for back of the house).

Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

It was very laid back and easy going. They gave me a water cup and instructed me to wait for my interviewer. The interview lasted around 20-25 minutes. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I talked about myself and my passions and why I wanted to work there and where I saw myself years ahead.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 strengths of yours?
      What are 3 improvement areas?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      What do you know of our background as a company?
      What do you do for fun?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Where do you go to school/major (if in college)?
      How many hours are you looking to work per week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panda Express (San Mateo, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I just fill in the application and Manager comes out and interview.
    Process was easy and manager is very nice and explain in detail. She said on job training will be provided, and tasks were very simple to follow.

Interview Questions

• Why Panda Express? What is your strong and your weak point?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

it wasn't too bad, the guy just asked me where i am from, what i liked to do, and where i worked before. It only took an hour. I then was called the next day with a job offer. I love working here

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Applied in stores for the position. Got a call from the manager to come in and interview. What they are looking for is a person who follows their company mission, so google that beforehand. Why you are interested in working with the company. And # 1 trait they look for is a pro active person! In all my years their, that is what they love most and look for in promotions.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panda Express (San Mateo, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply by filling out an application and giving it to the manager at the location you want to work at. The manager should get back to you through phone in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Lake Worth, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

1 week of waiting for a phone call, ended up having to call myself. Employer could not figure out how to use the website so I had to come in and help (before I was hired, so no pay). Had to call back because he didn't know what to do after. For the interview, I came in and I learned more about his life than he did about mine.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panda Express (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

1 interview which may be aided by a to-be manager. "What-if" questions accompanied by lots of hypothetical situations. Questions about describing yourself.

Interview Questions

• What if we had to write a paper about animals at the zoo and I didn't want to do it so I left? What would you do? And you're not allowed to do the paper on your own. And I won't listen to you if you tried to convince me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask to start at atleast $9 if you have experience, I started at that pay without any.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

the restaurant was just opening so there was a mass hiring. Had one phone interview followed by a 1:1. Got a call about a week later with the job offer and started training a few days after that. Overall it was a very simple process

Interview Questions

• Various scenario based questions about customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, all hrly employees started at the same rate