Panda Express Service and Kitchen Team Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panda Express Service and Kitchen Team Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next day to schedule an interview for that very afternoon. I arrived 20 minutes early for my interview and had to wait for quite some time (like 30 minutes or so) . Interview Questions was simple and straight to the point. The manager told me that they're looking to get as much help as they can and they would call me if I had the job or not

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panda Express

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express in May 2017.

Interview

Overall an easy interview. Applied online then got a call 2 days later for the first interview after the first interview I was scheduled to meet with the supervisor for a second interview. After the 2 interview the supervisor said they will call if they would want to move forward with me.

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Oxnard, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was odd, because I sent in an unfinished application but they called for an interview anyway. Maybe they really needed more help or something, I wasn't told why even after it was brought up. It was very casual. I was wearing a dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie, but it was essentially a semi-formal loosely-scheduled conversation with the manager on one of the restaurant tables.

The manager actually let me into the kitchen to try mixing up the chow mein for a bit. Didn't seem too professional or structured, and while the manager sort of teased and stuff, he was pretty friendly, and the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any work experience?   1 Answer
    • Where are you going to school and what are you majoring in?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you think you can do it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Wheaton, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called 3 times in 2 days then i was offered a interview on Friday. I might have over dressed bought a dress pant and shirt from Zara. When i came i asked for the manager and she gave me basic interview questions.

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panda Express in August 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a family member who happens to work corporate for Panda. Once my family member got in touch with the GM of the Panda location I wanted to work at, she called me right way for an interview. The interview was scheduled two days after she called at a Panda Express. The day of the interview she was 30 minutes late. Little did she know that the Panda location of the interview was closed because of electrical issues, so we had the interview at a restaurant next door. The interview went well, but I think I messed up after the interview. It's been over a month since then, and I still haven't gotten a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went out of your way to help a coworker or classmate.   Answer Question

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express in August 2016.

Interview

When the lady interviewing me asked me a question she would look around or check her phone when I was answering, very unprofessional. The questions she asled were average questions that you could expect at most fast food businesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Lodi, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied at the beginning of July 2016 and got a call two weeks later to go to an interview within a couple of hours that day. They made me sit down for over 20 minutes while the team was busy. Interview was just basic questions and information about yourself. Research on the company history as they tend to ask what you know about the company. Interview took about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Do u know the history of Panda Express?
      What is Customer Service to you?
      Why Panda Express?
      Do you think you can perform the duties?
      Answer Question

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express in June 2016.

Interview

It was brief. Came in about 20 minutes early. Started interview before set time, lasted about 15 minutes. Manager didn't ask many questions about Panda Express, mostly about my availability and extracurricular activities. At the end he said they would contact me if they wanted a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Apple Valley, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked in and was told to wait for the manager and assistant manager to come out. The wait was no more than 5-10 minutes, and when they came out we went to a more secluded table, shook hands, introduced ourselves, and begun. Questions were basic generic interview questions. The interview was no more than half an hour, and afterwards they offered me complimentary food and drink. They were very gracious, even though I personally was socially awkward. Haven't heard back yet about whether or not I'm hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Baldwin Park, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was in the morning. Interviewer asked questions about myself. Most questions they asked me were based on what my responses were to previous questions. Becareful with your statements. When making statements make sure you are firm in what you say. Interview was fairly short, it lasted about 10 minutes.