Pandora Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pandora Media Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

Production Manager Interview

Interview

Can you spell "ageism"? Perfect candidate, experienced, educated, positive, great recommendations, achievements galore.........not even a look. If you're over 35 don't bother, probably a very young HR team that doesn't recognize the good stuff in a candidate, only the age.

Interview Questions

• I wish I had an opportunity to answer a question.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media.

Interview

- recruiter phone screen
    - phone interview with hiring manager
    - on site interview

I flew in for the interview on my own dime. Everything went really great during all the interviews. The hiring manager seemed to really like me and said they could see me on their team. I spent 3 hours there and interviewed with 3 different people. TOO BAD they ghosted mean. I'm talking an entire month of unreturned phone calls, emails, and then they sent me an email that just said thanks for the time and they found someone else. If you're looking to create a great culture for candidates try giving them the respect and getting back to them in a timely manner.

Client Services Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews and a final in-person interview with four members from the team. Everyone involved was extremely friendly and a joy to speak with. The interviews felt very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you didn't have to work another day in your life, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Don't interview here, there is a lot of options in the bay area, this company is bad. Theres a reason why they are failing. The process is extremely long and dragged out, for no good reason. They had 2 recruiters call me, then another manager called me for a non-technical interview, then a "technical" interview, where basically its just debugging some serious production code online. The next step is onsite, where 4 engineers grill you on 4 different and unrelated topics, things that you normally dont expect in an interview

Sales and Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews and one onsite interview visit. Everyone was extremely pleasant and nice to talk with. Through out the process I always felt comfortable and respected. The culture seemed extremely inviting and the people were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism?
      How would you plan to get things done when I (the manager) am in meetings all day and you are unable to contact me?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media.

Interview

I interviewed for this role twice, but for two different teams (and so for two different work functions). There was a recruiter call, then an optional exploratory phone screen with the hiring manager, then a technical phone screen. For the first role, the recruiter gave me "enough" information overall. I didn't make it past the technical phone screen. Overall, it was an okay experience, but probably a bit more on the negative side. For the second role, the recruiter was more involved and I was never left with unanswered questions. Although the role and the company both looked good, I withdrew voluntarily since the timing didn't end up working out on my end. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your experience
      - Write iOS (Swift) code for a View Controller with [blank] functionality (advice: practice this using only a plaintext editor)
      - Have you used our product
      - Why do you want to work here
      - Algorithms, data structures   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter screen went well. Similar experience to one of the other reviews where the recruiter asks about your location, interests, etc and makes it sound like you are going to get a followup interview. Then they reject you and keep you from moving forward. Their process is that they will have a recruiter screen, then a hiring manager screen, technical phone interviews, and onsites.

Software Engineer, Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me initially. Then, I had a phone screen with a hiring manager, which led to two technical phone interviews. They were easy and then I had the on-site. It consisted of five interviews, of which three were technical. The technical interview questions were medium level coding questions you can find on Leet Code. My preparation using Glassdoor interview questions and Leet Code made it easy to arrive at an optimal solution before the scheduled time was over.

The overall process was incredibly smooth and I was impressed how nice everyone was. The on-site made me feel welcomed by the employees. Note: there was hiccup where my interviewer for the second phone interview did not show. I contacted the recruiter and she apologized profusely and scheduled another interview at my next possible availability.

It took four weeks for Pandora to send me a generic no-hire email. I was quite disappointed because the recruiter led me to believe I did very well at each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Pandora? (culture fit is very important)   Answer Question

Pricing & Yield Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by and on-site which consisted of meeting with three different managers. Pretty straight forward interview nothing out of the ordinary. Met with the Director first then the hiring manager and then another manager via Zoom.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite excel function.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone call with a recruiter, one phone call with Senior Corporate Counsel, then 2 rounds of in-person interviews at the Pandora office (met with approximately 8 people overall). Everything was smooth until the very end when it took them quite awhile to decide between me and 1 other person.

Interview Questions

• What types of contracts have you drafted and negotiated?   Answer Question