Pandora Media, LLC Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pandora Media, LLC Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Pandora Media, LLC

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC in July 2014.

Interview

Applied to the Boulder Colorado position for Pandora. Got an email from a recruiter in California. Prior to being considered for a position they requested I write a small program given a database and a java file. Response time was quick and to the point, which was a pleasant change from the three plus days from other tech companies.

Interview Questions

• I think this is one of those things where you get to showcase your abilities rather then make a fast turn-around.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Pandora Media, LLC

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC.

Interview

I had a behavioral phone screen which consisted of straightforward questions about your weaknesses, strengths, etc. After the phone screen, I heard nothing. I followed up 3 weeks later, and got a response that my application was still being processed. After another 3 weeks, I followed up again inquiring whether I was rejected or will move on to another interview, and was told again that my application was still being reviewed. I never heard back. I found it frustrating that Pandora was so impersonal and treated its applicants with such disrespect.

Application

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews before a day-long in-person interview in Oakland. Phone interviews consisted of basic factual questions. In-person interview consisted of 4 hour-long interviews. Each hour-long interview consisted of a few somewhat open-ended questions with whiteboard. When I got stuck the interviewers were pretty helpful, and generally gave me the impression that they wanted me to succeed. Went out to lunch with some of the interviewers and HR at the half-way point, which was nice but it did kind of feel like my personality was being tested.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to express enthusiasm for the product or they won't hire you.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC (Oakland, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I had an initial screener, and technical phone screen. After scheduling I was called into office for in person interview. Met with 3 engineers and director of engineering. Three design questions of various difficult, and the remainder were mainly about what I did at my previous job.
    Contact with the recruiter was very good, they seemed to have everything organized fairly well. Pretty, modern office space, and people seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• Improving efficiency of search of ordered list.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC (Oakland, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Met head of engineering at a college career fair and quickly god a call from technical HR agent. Discussed that they were looking for a frontend engineer and someone who could eventually learn java, perfect for me since frontend is what I do and I know java but it had been a few years. Then he proceeded to ask me exclusively java questions that would have been easy if I had prepared for a java interview. "what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class"

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC.

Interview

The HR team is great, very responsive and accommodating. You really get the impression that they want to see you succeed in the interview process. The guy that interview me was clearly very experienced but the interview was great because it felt more like a technical conversation than a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some of the command line arguments you can give your java program before it executes which threw me off a little.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC.

Interview

Stupid process, didn't really make sense.

The recruiter called me for a quick phone interview, and we did have a small conversation about my background, and spoke about the position. The recruiter asked me some basic details about my interest in Pandora and stuff like that. All went well. Later, he told me he'd give my details to their Engineering Manager.

That's it, a "Sorry, unfortunately we are proceeding with other candidates" E-Mail popped up in my Inbox. Really Pandora? You gotta be kidding right? Why give me a phone call if you knew you are going to proceed with other candidates? Waste of time, both to you and me!
    This should show how disorganized they are in terms of recruiting. No wonder, they're also lagging way behind the competition in the Digital Music streaming market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and later got a call from the hr..basic phone screen questions and discussion regarding the on-site interview. Then got a call for the on-site interview. Interview process was smoother and the questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures & algorithms, project discussion   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with the recruiter where she asked about my general skills, interests, the projects I've worked on and what I think of Pandora. After that, there were 2 more interviews - one more about web development and javascript in general and another with a coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• How to find first two the minimum values in an array.
      How do cookies work?
      Why are domains with different origins not allowed to access each other's cookies?
      What is your testing process like?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media, LLC.

Interview

The process started in the month of June. They totally messed up with my application. They directly invited me for an onsite interview with any telephonic or any hacker rank test. Actually, there was another applicant with the same name and they invited both of us on the same day with same time and same interviewer.

Waste of time for me.

They need to update their recruitment process.