Pandora Media Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pandora Media Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Interview

Normal panel type interview, but it was clear that no one was familiar with the actual job description, and didn't take time to ask questions demonstrative of the role (situational or specific examples never came up). It was very casual and unengaged. I'm surprised they get anything done! Sinking ship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pandora Media

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied via Pandora Careers website. Received and email from a Pandora recruiter about 1.5 weeks later requesting a phone interview. Overall, the recruiter was not on top of her stuff. She suggested 2 days for the phone interview but I had to follow-up and ask when it was actually happening.

Phone interview went really well and the recruiter was upfront about other candidates already farther along in the interviewing process. Next step was for the recruiter to connect with the hiring manager to see if they wanted to move forward with me. I was told I would hear the next day.

2 week pass and I had to follow-up myself a few times only to hear the recruiter hadn't followed-up yet. Ultimately the position went to someone else but I wish the recruiter was more on top of their stuff and they were more transparent. Ridiculous I had to keep following up.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media in May 2014.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled 2 phone interviews and 2 separate in person interviews with 4 people on the first day and 2 people on the second day. The first series of interviews was with a selection of employees related to the department while the second series was with VPs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed a campaign that was unsuccessful. What went wrong and how did you fix it for the next campaign?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. They reached out via email and scheduled a time for a phone chat. Once I passed the initial phone screen they invited me to meet with other Marketing Managers and their Director of Marketing. I thought the interview went well, but it took them a while to respond to me after the initial interview. They asked me to come in a second time and meet with a couple other people as well as the VP of Marketing (I'm not sure of the official title) and it seemed like this would be my final interview. The second time my experience wasn't as good, they forgot about me in the interview room, and no one came to interview me until I went back to the font desk and inquired about it. When I did meet with their team, I felt the interviews went well. I got along with everyone and even bumped into a few others that I met in my previous visit.

However, my impression must have been wrong because no one ever got back to me. I followed up, but they didn't get back to me. Obviously I didn't get the job, and it worked out okay, but I just feel they behaved a bit unprofessional considering I visited their offices twice and was at the final stages of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Their questions weren't really difficult, but they asked a lot of questions about handling specific issues and situations.   Answer Question