Pandora Media Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I applied through an internal referral. The process took 2 months.

Of all the interviews I attended, Pandora has a perfect process. They ask questions that are relevant to the role. It started off with a discussion with the recruiter and a couple of technical phone calls before the onsite interview in Oakland. The questions tested if one has a deep understanding of iOS development and also data structures. Most of the questions asked were usual leet code questions and iOS development questions. In person interviews consisted of 6 45-minute interviews where questions varied from general problem solving to iOS development. The interviewers were pretty friendly and open minded.

Interview Questions

• *General leetcode questions
      *Unit testing in iOS
      *UI development

Software Engineer - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process took around 2 months. It started with a screening phone interview where they asked about general android concepts and past experiences.
    I was then invited for a technical phone interview, where I was asked a simple algorithm coding problem, some questions and answers about android and algorithms, and an android coding problem.
    The second technical interview was focused more on algorithms and data structure.

I was then invited to onsite interview at Oakland. The office was nice and everybody was nice. I had 5 interviews and 1 interview over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Comparing two strings.
      Implementing Listview adapter.
      Bitwise operators
      Stacks

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening interview a few days later. Since I go to school nearby, I had two interviews onsite. I didn't end up accepting the offer, but I enjoyed the interview process a lot as the company seems to have good culture. I was also a little surprised by how nice the area was.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Interview

Normal panel type interview, but it was clear that no one was familiar with the actual job description, and didn't take time to ask questions demonstrative of the role (situational or specific examples never came up). It was very casual and unengaged. I'm surprised they get anything done! Sinking ship.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Rounds : 1. Hr round - Clearly explained the role and gave detailed description about the interview process and also explained about their upcoming projects
    2. Technical phone interview - mostly concentrated on the Android coding and theory knowledge. The interviewer was very helpful and later got a call for the next round.
    3. 2nd Technical phone interview - The interview was helpful and asked about Linkedlist.

Later got an email from the hr that the position was filled and cannot move forward in my interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. LinkedList Implementation
      2. HashMap related coding
      3. Android Theory : Recyclerview, services, container
      4. Andoid coding : store bitmap image , recycler view

Senior Producer Custom Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial thirty minute interview with a recruiter, who at the end said that based on our conversation I should expect to hear from her to schedule a follow up in 48 hours. She said the position had been open for seven months and that they had made one offer to another candidate who declined the position. She was quite candid and seemed to have a clear sense of what they were looking for, although she did not respond to three follow up emails over the course of three weeks. Three weeks later they contacted me and I had another interview with the hiring manager that was very relaxed but professional. They ended up filling the role internally. The salary they were offering was about %15 - %30 under market value for a Senior Producer.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any psychological questions or anything like that. I was prepared to discuss why I was a good fit for the job, which is what they were interested in.   Answer Question

Listener Advocate Interview

Application

Interview

Two Phone interviews, a writing test and an in-person interview. It was about a month in total. Everyone involved was helpful and informed. All interviews took place as scheduled, and I was in the loop from start to finish. I submitted an application online, and was contacted subsequently. They may have already had a candidate in mind as they didn't ask for references etc. One of the interviewers seemed entirely uninterested and apathetic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to help a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied via Pandora Careers website. Received and email from a Pandora recruiter about 1.5 weeks later requesting a phone interview. Overall, the recruiter was not on top of her stuff. She suggested 2 days for the phone interview but I had to follow-up and ask when it was actually happening.

Phone interview went really well and the recruiter was upfront about other candidates already farther along in the interviewing process. Next step was for the recruiter to connect with the hiring manager to see if they wanted to move forward with me. I was told I would hear the next day.

2 week pass and I had to follow-up myself a few times only to hear the recruiter hadn't followed-up yet. Ultimately the position went to someone else but I wish the recruiter was more on top of their stuff and they were more transparent. Ridiculous I had to keep following up.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took about 4+ weeks. It involved talking to HR, a QA Manager and then an onsite interview with 5 members of the team. The QA Manager was part of the team. They start the onsite process by giving you a tour of the facilities followed by the interviews.

The interviews were fair and were basically simple interview questions, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions involving QA and interactions with co-workers.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was swift and clearly communicated. Applied through the job portal, received a call from a recruiter a few days later, followed by an interview with the hiring manager and a series of in-person interviews the the team. Overall process spanned 2-3 weeks. The team was friendly and the office had a great feel. Ultimately accepted another offer for a different role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you experienced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question