Pandora Media Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biz Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Initial 30min phone screen with Uni recruiter, followed by two interviews.
    One over phone with prospective manager to discuss the role and my background
    Second onsite with manager and team member as a sanity check

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. They have a recruiter contact you followed by a tech screen followed by an Onsite at their Oakland office. Overall the process is really smooth. It took about two months. The recruiter weirdly enough asked me technical questions in the first call which I was unprepared for. The questions were programming language specific and finding a bug in a snippet he has sent me. Overall the recruiters are great and really friendly.

They are looking for people with interest in their product so be sure to study up. The tech screen is an easy Leet code problem. The onsite had about 5 rounds. One behavioral with a hiring manager followed by Interviews with four engineers.

Questions I was asked were mostly generic Algo, DS problems. They were relatively easy and the interviewers were very helpful when I was stuck.

They had a longer decision-making process than others taking two weeks to send me a generic rejection email.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is not efficient in finding talented employees, The strategy is, I ask as much as questions until you eventually fail, so basically if you slip in an answer they will totally forget about what you have answered so far and stick with what you failed to mention or answer , I passed my first interview with a lot of deep questions, by the second interview I already had two job offers from other companies in my hand , I guess I forgot to mention a feature in one the questions, then the day after I went with my other offer, and happy did not waited for their long two weeks response.
    The questions are all over the place, they overlap each other yet are non conclusive, meaning if they ask you 3 hard questions that covers the memory management subject and you answer them right, later in another interview they ask you a simpler question and you forget to give correct answer you fail, doesn't matter if you previously harder questions under the same subject.
    That's why I believe the strategy is I ask until you fail.

Interview Questions

• Initializing an UI element in viewDidLoad, which has not been defines as optional nor has been initialized in Init() function.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews and one onsite interview visit. Everyone was extremely pleasant and nice to talk with. Through out the process I always felt comfortable and respected. The culture seemed extremely inviting and the people were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism?
      How would you plan to get things done when I (the manager) am in meetings all day and you are unable to contact me?   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me initially. Then, I had a phone screen with a hiring manager, which led to two technical phone interviews. They were easy and then I had the on-site. It consisted of five interviews, of which three were technical. The technical interview questions were medium level coding questions you can find on Leet Code. My preparation using Glassdoor interview questions and Leet Code made it easy to arrive at an optimal solution before the scheduled time was over.

The overall process was incredibly smooth and I was impressed how nice everyone was. The on-site made me feel welcomed by the employees. Note: there was hiccup where my interviewer for the second phone interview did not show. I contacted the recruiter and she apologized profusely and scheduled another interview at my next possible availability.

It took four weeks for Pandora to send me a generic no-hire email. I was quite disappointed because the recruiter led me to believe I did very well at each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Pandora? (culture fit is very important)   Answer Question

Pricing & Yield Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by and on-site which consisted of meeting with three different managers. Pretty straight forward interview nothing out of the ordinary. Met with the Director first then the hiring manager and then another manager via Zoom.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite excel function.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone call with a recruiter, one phone call with Senior Corporate Counsel, then 2 rounds of in-person interviews at the Pandora office (met with approximately 8 people overall). Everything was smooth until the very end when it took them quite awhile to decide between me and 1 other person.

Interview Questions

• What types of contracts have you drafted and negotiated?   Answer Question

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I applied through an internal referral. The process took 2 months.

Of all the interviews I attended, Pandora has a perfect process. They ask questions that are relevant to the role. It started off with a discussion with the recruiter and a couple of technical phone calls before the onsite interview in Oakland. The questions tested if one has a deep understanding of iOS development and also data structures. Most of the questions asked were usual leet code questions and iOS development questions. In person interviews consisted of 6 45-minute interviews where questions varied from general problem solving to iOS development. The interviewers were pretty friendly and open minded.

Interview Questions

• *General leetcode questions
      *Unit testing in iOS
      *UI development   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process took around 2 months. It started with a screening phone interview where they asked about general android concepts and past experiences.
    I was then invited for a technical phone interview, where I was asked a simple algorithm coding problem, some questions and answers about android and algorithms, and an android coding problem.
    The second technical interview was focused more on algorithms and data structure.

I was then invited to onsite interview at Oakland. The office was nice and everybody was nice. I had 5 interviews and 1 interview over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Comparing two strings.
      Implementing Listview adapter.
      Bitwise operators
      Stacks   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening interview a few days later. Since I go to school nearby, I had two interviews onsite. I didn't end up accepting the offer, but I enjoyed the interview process a lot as the company seems to have good culture. I was also a little surprised by how nice the area was.