Panduit Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Panduit Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jan 29, 2017

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

The interview was scheduled for seven hours with six different people. The person I would have been reporting to said he was leaving in a few weeks. No lunch was provided and by the end of the day I was answering the same questions I answered earlier in the day. There was a fair mix of technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are transferring a large file over small bandwidth using TCP how will the file transfer take?   1 Answer

Panduit Response

Jan 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience at Panduit. We are working with our hiring managers to simplify/streamline the interview process and ensure that our candidates ... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Succinct and well organised. The recruiter communicated via email every week during the process and provided helpful tips to prepare for the next round of interviews. During the interview many of the questions are behavioural based so be prepared with previous experiences that illustrate how you collaborate, contribute and lead a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you where able to negotiate.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given 3 interviews for this internship position: 2 phone interviews, and a final on-site interview at their headquarters in Illinois.

The first interview was with a recruiter. The questions consisted of the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions and other general questions about myself as a person. There were no technical or position specific questions during this interview.

The second interview was with a hiring manager. We spoke briefly regarding my experience in school, side projects, and my familiarity with the technologies required for the position. The hiring manager also described the position in-depth, and what to expect if I were to get the position.

For the third (and final) interview, I was brought on-site to their global headquarters in Illinois. This interview took place entirely in a small conference room off of the main lobby, and was mostly a discussion of my familiarity with various programming concepts. Although I was told the interview would last an hour and a half, it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very strange. Met with two groups of two potential colleagues/supervisor then one-on-one with the divisional VP. Never left the conference room. No tour. No energy from the interviewers. Typical "tell me a time when" questions. Just an odd, disconnected vibe throughout.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Started with a phone screening by the Co they use to filter their applications through. This was a great screening and individual seemed to know the basics of the position.
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager. This also went extremely well and I was on my way to a in person visit and panel interview.
    3. Loved it. 5 people on the panel. I answered all their questions and had many of my own answered. Finished with an hour long chat with the hiring manager.
    Overall I felt great about the process and possible position. Both the phone and in person interview went way longer than the allotted time and all seemed good.
    End result is that I didn't get the offer and was told that someone was chosen that had Panduit experience. I had to chase the screening agency down to get this answer (took about 6 days).

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with conflict? 3 different people on the panel asked me this and I thought this was the strangest thing...that it was asked 3 times in a short period of time.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a two person panel interview and then a one person interview in the same day. Some questions were behavioral others were regarding my experience and skills. Very easy and everyone in the process was very helpful.

Negotiation

I declined the position at first and then was called a couple of months later and reoffered the position. I do believe they bring their best offer to the candidate at first.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Went on-site for two hours and met with people from the talent acquisition group. The offer stage was strange. I asked for an extension to make my decision by one day through voice-mail and email. I got no response and assumed I had the night to make my final decision. I received an email around 7pm that evening saying the request to extend was declined and the offer was no longer on the table. The ending came out very unprofessionally. It felt like they were avoiding my rejection by rejecting me first.

Interview Questions

• They focused on behavioral based interview questions, asked a lot about specific scenarios I had been in and how I handled them and what I learned.   Answer Question

I received a counter-offer from my current company that was too hard to pass up.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview starts with one of the supervisors. She takes you to the customer service floor and you get to sit and observe phone calls and procedures with one of the department veterans. You then go back downstairs and interview with a supervisor and the trainer. After the interview, there is a listening/decision making test as well as a basic math quiz. Upon completion, you are free to go.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multitask? How do you organize yourself in order to multitask effectively?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating whatsoever.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

A joke.

Interview Questions

• None really. It was pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Pay was low and reviews were bad. I didn't want to go down this road.

Assistant Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

Brownies

Interview Questions

Pay was very low. Morale is low. Bad reviews of workplace. Management is an unjustified mess. Software needs draino.