Panduit Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL).

Interview

Spoke with HR and several managers. Either the managers were completely new to the dept or acted like they were. They asked questions to a 10 year experience person that anyone with experience should have already went past that point. They sounded more like they were phishing for information or wanted to learn.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes did you make.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with two superiors plus two on-site interviews - with both on on one and panel interviews, tour and discussion with internal recruitment person plus follow-up via phone regarding offer expectations

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position and how do you feel this position will be different?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by someone internally and had met with the manager offsite before the job was even posted. Applied for the job and went through a 1/2 day interview with manager and people on the team. The hiring decision dragged on for months with many excuses given about their delays in the hiring process and they ended up promoting an internal candidate. They have also re-posted the job several times since then. Not a good interview experience and it says alot about their organizational culture and management team. Their range was also below market value.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

The interview was scheduled for seven hours with six different people. The person I would have been reporting to said he was leaving in a few weeks. No lunch was provided and by the end of the day I was answering the same questions I answered earlier in the day. There was a fair mix of technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are transferring a large file over small bandwidth using TCP how will the file transfer take?   1 Answer

Panduit Response

Jan 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience at Panduit. We are working with our hiring managers to simplify/streamline the interview process and ensure that our candidates... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Succinct and well organised. The recruiter communicated via email every week during the process and provided helpful tips to prepare for the next round of interviews. During the interview many of the questions are behavioural based so be prepared with previous experiences that illustrate how you collaborate, contribute and lead a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you where able to negotiate.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given 3 interviews for this internship position: 2 phone interviews, and a final on-site interview at their headquarters in Illinois.

The first interview was with a recruiter. The questions consisted of the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions and other general questions about myself as a person. There were no technical or position specific questions during this interview.

The second interview was with a hiring manager. We spoke briefly regarding my experience in school, side projects, and my familiarity with the technologies required for the position. The hiring manager also described the position in-depth, and what to expect if I were to get the position.

For the third (and final) interview, I was brought on-site to their global headquarters in Illinois. This interview took place entirely in a small conference room off of the main lobby, and was mostly a discussion of my familiarity with various programming concepts. Although I was told the interview would last an hour and a half, it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview took about half day. One to one six interviews were conducted. Each was between 30min to 60min long. All interviewers showed high level of respect and appreciation. They were super friendly and open for my questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were on two parts, the first part is pure technical and the second part was more into management.   Answer Question

Panduit Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience! We're glad that your overall experience was positive and that you ultimately decided to join our team. Thanks again.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to HR and a string of people in associated roles and departments. All occured in one day at the corporate HQ facility.

The questions were all scripted. The people just read from forms. Very lifeless. No enthusiam from any of the interviewers, except the HR person who was new. At the end of the afternoon the last person just left me in a conference room- did not even walk me to the receptionist. I walked myself out and in the parking lot wondered why anyone would work at this company. I wasted no time following up.

Did get a free lunch and they paid my expenses in a timely manner.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very strange. Met with two groups of two potential colleagues/supervisor then one-on-one with the divisional VP. Never left the conference room. No tour. No energy from the interviewers. Typical "tell me a time when" questions. Just an odd, disconnected vibe throughout.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Started with a phone screening by the Co they use to filter their applications through. This was a great screening and individual seemed to know the basics of the position.
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager. This also went extremely well and I was on my way to a in person visit and panel interview.
    3. Loved it. 5 people on the panel. I answered all their questions and had many of my own answered. Finished with an hour long chat with the hiring manager.
    Overall I felt great about the process and possible position. Both the phone and in person interview went way longer than the allotted time and all seemed good.
    End result is that I didn't get the offer and was told that someone was chosen that had Panduit experience. I had to chase the screening agency down to get this answer (took about 6 days).

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with conflict? 3 different people on the panel asked me this and I thought this was the strangest thing...that it was asked 3 times in a short period of time.   1 Answer