Panduit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given 3 interviews for this internship position: 2 phone interviews, and a final on-site interview at their headquarters in Illinois.

The first interview was with a recruiter. The questions consisted of the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions and other general questions about myself as a person. There were no technical or position specific questions during this interview.

The second interview was with a hiring manager. We spoke briefly regarding my experience in school, side projects, and my familiarity with the technologies required for the position. The hiring manager also described the position in-depth, and what to expect if I were to get the position.

For the third (and final) interview, I was brought on-site to their global headquarters in Illinois. This interview took place entirely in a small conference room off of the main lobby, and was mostly a discussion of my familiarity with various programming concepts. Although I was told the interview would last an hour and a half, it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Software Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job online and never heard back from Panduit, but then a third-party recruiter found me through LinkedIn and asked me if I was interested in the position. We had a brief phone interview and he sent me a list of questions via email that I had to respond to. Then he called me to let me know that I had the okay to continue with the hiring process and that a phone interview was scheduled with a person from Panduit, who I assumed would be the hiring manager. (I found out later he wasn't the hiring manager, he wasn't even in the same department. I have no idea why I talked to this guy)

During the phone interview with the Panduit employee he asked why I wanted to work for Panduit. Quite frankly, I'm unemployed, was not looking forward to the prospect of a long commute to Tinley Park, had already heard terrible things about the company, but I came up with a few things to say. Then he asked what I liked about the job or what drew me to the job. Here I was honest and told him that it was a typical Product Management job, at which point he be became very offended. The job description could have been copied and pasted from any other Software Product Manager job, but then again, the company allegedly has never had a software product manager before, just hardware product managers, so perhaps he just didn't have an understanding of what a software product manager was.

After the phone interview I heard back from the recruiter and was told that they wanted me to come in on Thursday for a face to face interview and he would get back to me. I didn't hear from him so I called him back. No response. Thursday came and went. He called back and told me that it would be next Thursday. This continued for a few weeks. I later determined that Thursday was their "interview" day. When my interview finally was scheduled, I showed up at the exact same time as another candidate for the exact same job. They put me in one conference room and him in another and conducted a round robin type of interview schedule. Oh, it gets better. I was told the interview would last from 8:00am to 3:00pm. I assumed that would include a 2-hour lunch with a few folks. Oh no. 45-minutes, with a coupon for their gross in-house cafeteria that was handed to me at the beginning of the day. There was no official scheduled lunch, just an open time slot. The guy who interviewed me before the open lunch slot offered to show me the way to the cafeteria and eat with me. Thank God. Also, after the hr rep asked me my salary requirements, he asked me how low I would be willing to go. Hahahahaha. I had already quoted him the average salary for a software product manager, but apparently they aren't familiar with those statistics.

I interviewed with 7 people that day. I never got a straight answer as to who had been managing the product prior to that time. I got very confusing answers as to how the product would be managed moving forward. At the end of the day, the last person who interviewed me, said wait here in the lobby and I'll see if you're supposed to talk to anyone else. After a few moments the receptionist's phone rang and after talking for a moment she informed me I could leave.

The next morning I received an email from the recruiter that they were moving forward with other candidates. I was so glad I hadn't bothered sending 7 thank you emails.

Oh, and the following week I noticed that the job had been re-posted.

Arguably, laughably, the worst interview I have ever had the misfortune of experience. I'm still unemployed, but I'm still glad I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Each person had been provided with a list of questions to ask me. Unfortunately they were the same questions. None of the questions were very challenging. Nothing comes to mind.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with two superiors plus two on-site interviews - with both on on one and panel interviews, tour and discussion with internal recruitment person plus follow-up via phone regarding offer expectations

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position and how do you feel this position will be different?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very long and their is not much feedback, even when feedback is requested.

I was hired for a different position and was never told! Was not a big issue but had to start my first day a few hours late and was rather confused. HR apologized for the mix up and I was not upset so it turned out OK.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself if 5 years.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about an open position overseas for which my qualifications would have made me qualified. I was asked if I would be able to relocate overseas for the job and I provided them an affirmative answer. I was told that I would have a telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager.

This interview went off as advertised, with normal/typical questions asked regarding past experiences, what-if scenarios and expectations. The time for the interview took approximately 30 minutes. I was informed later in the week by the recruiter that I had been selected for an in-person interview at the Panduit World Headquarters. This took place in mid-September. All travel arrangements were taken care of by the HR personnel and I appreciated that I did not have to do anything -- everything was arranged for me.

The in-person interview was a 3-person panel interview. The interview started about 5 minutes late because one of the panel got out of a meeting late. The interview started with them asking me to give a history of my professional life. I was mid-way through this portion when the 3rd person arrived. I asked if I should start over and did so in order that everyone was on the same footing.

The interview panel consisted of the Global Sales Manager, the Global Industry Solutions Manager, and a Senior HR Manager. The question that I thought odd for me was the "Why Europe?" question. I was being hired for a specific position that would move me to Europe. Why Europe? Because that is what you are hiring me to work! Oh well.

Because I had had the telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager earlier in the month, he was able to ask questions that were deeper than the typical interview questions. The HR Manager asked most of the questions that are standard for interviews. The Global Industry Solutions Manager asked several questions that I felt were softballs for me -- and I appreciated my ability to answer them! Thanks!

The entire interview took over 75 minutes -- longer than the 45-60 minutes they asked me to arrange in the first place. I thought that since I was there longer than prescribed time that was a positive.

The Panduit World Headquarters building is a very nice building that has incorporated the Unified Physical Infrastructure (UPI) design they are trying to model their products toward.

Because the company is privately held -- family owned -- it was extremely difficult to do conduct my due diligence for financials on the company. The company website is somewhat useful for information, but digging around I found many disgruntled former/current workers posting their displeasure about the company. That is a bit unnerving, but I always want to give the benefit of the doubt and observe things for myself before I make up my mind.

Overall, I thought the interview process went well. I thought it was very professional and well thought through on the company's part. I was not selected for the position. I am not upset or disgruntled -- I truly hope that the person they hired is everything they hope they will be and that the candidate is happy with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Europe?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a problem you encountered in a previous job that you solved.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 30 / 60 / 90 days? What do you hope to accomplish in these timelines?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Sat me in a room all day with various interviewers coming in and out for the entire interview. Claustrophobic. What are they hiding?

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panduit in June 2009.

Interview

Interview was not conducted in a planned manner.

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview took about half day. One to one six interviews were conducted. Each was between 30min to 60min long. All interviewers showed high level of respect and appreciation. They were super friendly and open for my questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were on two parts, the first part is pure technical and the second part was more into management.   Answer Question

Panduit Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience! We're glad that your overall experience was positive and that you ultimately decided to join our team. Thanks again.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by someone internally and had met with the manager offsite before the job was even posted. Applied for the job and went through a 1/2 day interview with manager and people on the team. The hiring decision dragged on for months with many excuses given about their delays in the hiring process and they ended up promoting an internal candidate. They have also re-posted the job several times since then. Not a good interview experience and it says alot about their organizational culture and management team. Their range was also below market value.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Succinct and well organised. The recruiter communicated via email every week during the process and provided helpful tips to prepare for the next round of interviews. During the interview many of the questions are behavioural based so be prepared with previous experiences that illustrate how you collaborate, contribute and lead a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you where able to negotiate.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

The interview was scheduled for seven hours with six different people. The person I would have been reporting to said he was leaving in a few weeks. No lunch was provided and by the end of the day I was answering the same questions I answered earlier in the day. There was a fair mix of technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are transferring a large file over small bandwidth using TCP how will the file transfer take?   1 Answer

Panduit Response

Jan 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience at Panduit. We are working with our hiring managers to simplify/streamline the interview process and ensure that our candidates... More