Panduit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.9

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very strange. Met with two groups of two potential colleagues/supervisor then one-on-one with the divisional VP. Never left the conference room. No tour. No energy from the interviewers. Typical "tell me a time when" questions. Just an odd, disconnected vibe throughout.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Started with a phone screening by the Co they use to filter their applications through. This was a great screening and individual seemed to know the basics of the position.
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager. This also went extremely well and I was on my way to a in person visit and panel interview.
    3. Loved it. 5 people on the panel. I answered all their questions and had many of my own answered. Finished with an hour long chat with the hiring manager.
    Overall I felt great about the process and possible position. Both the phone and in person interview went way longer than the allotted time and all seemed good.
    End result is that I didn't get the offer and was told that someone was chosen that had Panduit experience. I had to chase the screening agency down to get this answer (took about 6 days).

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with conflict? 3 different people on the panel asked me this and I thought this was the strangest thing...that it was asked 3 times in a short period of time.   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a two hours interview and met with my immediate supervisor and the manager for the team. Turned out that I was over qualified than my intending supervisor, but he was very humble and respectful. It was vivid I was not going to report to him although he will be my immediate supervisor.

In contrast the manager was tough and the interview started a little rough. As we got further along in the interview that calmed down and I was offered the job even before I drove 20minutes away from the interview location.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked why I wanted to join the team and also why am I leaving my current job.
      Asked about excel skills, VLOOKUPS, Formulas, etc   1 Answer

Interview

Called by an HR specialist, and told to take a drug test prior to interview. After two weeks, they sent me to get my drug test done and scheduled an in person interview. The interview was brief (30 minutes), and casual. About a week later I received a call asking when I could start.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly standard; prior experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Minot, ND) in May 2014.

Interview

One face-to-face meeting with regional manager. One telephone conference call with Regional Manager, HR rep. and Vice President. One meeting with current local territory account manager. Very straight forward and professional. Relatively informal.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been in sales? Why would I be good for the position? Describe my sales style.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a two person panel interview and then a one person interview in the same day. Some questions were behavioral others were regarding my experience and skills. Very easy and everyone in the process was very helpful.

Negotiation

I declined the position at first and then was called a couple of months later and reoffered the position. I do believe they bring their best offer to the candidate at first.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Went on-site for two hours and met with people from the talent acquisition group. The offer stage was strange. I asked for an extension to make my decision by one day through voice-mail and email. I got no response and assumed I had the night to make my final decision. I received an email around 7pm that evening saying the request to extend was declined and the offer was no longer on the table. The ending came out very unprofessionally. It felt like they were avoiding my rejection by rejecting me first.

Interview Questions

• They focused on behavioral based interview questions, asked a lot about specific scenarios I had been in and how I handled them and what I learned.   Answer Question

I received a counter-offer from my current company that was too hard to pass up.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview starts with one of the supervisors. She takes you to the customer service floor and you get to sit and observe phone calls and procedures with one of the department veterans. You then go back downstairs and interview with a supervisor and the trainer. After the interview, there is a listening/decision making test as well as a basic math quiz. Upon completion, you are free to go.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multitask? How do you organize yourself in order to multitask effectively?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating whatsoever.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

A joke.

Interview Questions

• None really. It was pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Pay was low and reviews were bad. I didn't want to go down this road.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Panduit in August 2013.

Interview

Varies--changes every year. Currently, they use an outside recruiter. A colleague interviewed for a promotion and the hiring manager kept texting and using his I-pad. It took them 10 weeks to make a decision, with no communication to the internal candidates during that time.

Interview Questions

• to paraphrase: you just surgery a few months ago, are you sure you are up to the task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary as they would not budge on the vacation time.