Panera Bread Assistant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Assistant General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

2.8

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Phone interview, two sit down interviews. Both sit downs were relatively long (30-45 min each). Once I was hired there was some communication error-i had to call to confirm I was actually hired after a week between being told I was and no follow up.

Interview Questions

• It was a relatively long time ago and I couldn't give a definite. I just remember being asked about how I would react to very specific guest situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you are firm about how much you want, and don't short change yourself. The hours you put in after training will be long (if you are dedicated) and if you don't ask for enough it will not be worth it for you, particularly if you had never been in a salaried position previously.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Tey are aggressively hiring in my area: they have a sign outside the door and ads on Craigslist and other locations. I saw the ad for assistant manager on Craigslist and applied. Some days latter got an email or a call (I can't remember) to come in for an interview. I originally met with the district manager and after the interview referred me to hr.

The interview was sweet and short. Casual and friendly. It was in their restaurant, right in the dinning room. I made sure to market all my skills that would make me a good candidate for the positioned. I also mentioned that I just graduated from school with a business management and I'm ready to dive in to expand my career (now that I don't have school holding me back). I think that was one of the selling points: they want to see ambitious individuals who are willing to "pay the price" to get to the top. They are opening new stores in this area and they promote from within, so when they hire for assistant managers position... They are also looking for GM material..

Later that week I got a call from HR to take my drug test. After that they made a salary offer of 33k. Not ideal, but when you consider free meals, 45hr weeks (maybe a few hrs extra here and there, but so far, I havent seen crazy hrs) plus a reputable brand, great atmosphere and training... It's very fair for my first career job. Moreover, you are eligible for benefits including store bonus after 90 days

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest defect   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a call with an offer. Presented my counter offer and got a call back that same day. They met me in the middle,

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It's 3 intensive interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Clifton, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Three steps process. Online then with a manager then with then JP. After that you might have a day in the life and work one day there for free to see if they like you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Palm Beach, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Was called by a reginonal hiring recruiter because they found my resume on Monster.com. She loved me and set me up with second interview with which I now know was the District Manager. He never called me back, so I deciede to start there as a regular employee and work my way up. On paper I was everything they were looking for, however they wouldnt hire or promote me because of my apperance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone interview and then an online personality test. Then a test on being able to read a P&L before the phone interview. About a 15 minute phone interview. The next step will be with a District Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Berwyn, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Consists of three part interview
    First with talent acquisition then with area manager and finally with general manager and a day where you go in and work a whole shift to see if you like it and they like you

Interview Questions

• My experience in the Industry   1 Answer