Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process spread out over 3 weeks which seemed a little dragged out. You start with meeting the recruiter, then the Area director and then the director of operations.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw ad on window to email resume to HR representative. She called about 2 days later and did a phone screening and set up an interview with the District Manager about a week later. DM set up another interview with manager of store. Was offered position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for $38,000 was offered $35,500. No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Two interviews human resources and manager, then you have to do a drug test. After drug test back ground check. Once hired on it's really difficult to be fired. Upper management can be lishy as times.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with hostile customers and how do you engage them during a escalate situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was about 15 minutes. Questions about work history, availability and why i wanted to work for Panera. Told someone would call me in a couple days. Got a call back in two days for face to face interview at a store location.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Panera?
      Tell me about you favorite manager I ever work for and why.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Director of Operations. Didn't have a 2nd interview. Asked did I have experience in the restaurant field. Standard interview questions. Hired on the spot. Was told do the application, drug test and background check. If passed offer would be sent. Guy wasn't intimidating. Just have high energy, be sure of yourself and know what you can bring to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through indeed.com. Took about a week for someone to get back to me. Set up a phone interview which I will have this week. I will edit my review after I have my second interview. I have a ton of experience in bakery/cafe.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable promoting people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocean, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Ocean, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

For me it was stages. Applied online and two days later got an email from someone from HR to ask about a time for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview then I passed on to do an interview with one of the District Managers. After that I went to do an " on the job observation" to make sure I liked the job. Basically you work for free for 5 hours but it wasn't bad. After that they ask if you want to pursue the company and I said yes. When I thought everything was done, I had to go to PA to meet with a person that was above th district managers. Interview was more laid back, he asked me more personal questions. Quick tip: If you live in NJ make sure your stated salary is between 38,000-45,000. I put 38,000 on the paper but they gave me 40,000. So shoot for the highest that you deserve. Anyways, got a call two days later stating I got the job. The only thing I would say bad about it is, you're trained by the associates. So some of the associates were there for years upon years and only became a trainer or only associate. So here you come in and they kind've were like I guess standoffish? I mean if I was with a company that long and in the same position I would feel some type of way. They started to warm up though, once they realized I wasn't there to belittle them but work as a team.

Interview Questions

• Restaurant situational questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This was a long and drawn out process. The regional manager said it was to be thorough, but I think it was more because the talent agent he used was unorganized and lazy. There were many phone calls with the same questions, almost like they didn't save the paperwork. Maybe they really need to ask you the same questions 8 times or maybe she lost the questionnaire. Just my observation

Interview Questions

• How long will you give the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was great until you realize that he was just blowing smoke to get you to sign on.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Cedar Rapids, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online and email. Very nice people. Willing to send emails promptly in return to questions or concerns. Three step interview and application process. Sounds like a nice corporation to be employed by if deciding to work in this field.

Interview Questions

• Work experience dead zones of no employment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Went through initial phone interview then a face to face. Met with one of the managing partners and operations manager for franchise. That was very laid back. Was very impressed with interview process up until final stage. Very (i thought) apathetic to me and like didn't really care if i took the job or not. They have plenty to choose from, so it wasn't really imperative that they hire me