Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.5

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fayetteville, GA).

Interview

Simple sit down with members or recruiting and eventually the district leadership. Pretty standard for the restaurant business. They want to know about your experience and your attitude...and your salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry or frustrated customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Mission, KS).

Interview

You will interview with a talent recruiter at either a training store or administrative office and they ask you pretty basic interview questions. If they offer the job you will then do 7 weeks of training at a training location before you know your "home" store.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you handled a stressful situation as a manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who then set up the initial interview. After first interview they invited me back for a Realistic Job Preview, which is mostly a tour of the operations of the store. After this, they called to say they wanted to proceed with an offer, contingent upon a background check. That came back and they made an offer. The entire process took about 1 week. Very easy process, well run.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went very smooth they are very professional. The offer very competitive wages and you only have to work 45 an hours a week as a salary manager. The benefit package is also amazing and you get bonuses every other month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunset Valley, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Sunset Valley, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was rescheduled. When I showed up to the rescheduled interview, the district manager was unable to be there but didn't want to reschedule again so he had the general manager of the location interview me. Set up a second interview through the recruiter. Finally met with the district manager. After a short interview, he asked me to fill out a background check and told me that he would get back to me after the background check came back. Never heard from him or the recruiter, so after a week I called both of them and followed up with emails, but neither of them ever answered me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call within a week or so requesting a F2F interview, and met the Regional Manager at the store location.
    The interview was not stressful, but it was not super easy and informal either.
    Overall, the interview lasted over an hour.
    I was offered the position immediately after the interview, and salary negotiation coincided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Walk in, sir and wait 40 min to answer some questions. Talk with the district manager because none of the stores no longer have managers because everyone quits Panera when working for covelli enterprises. They like to make it seem like it's okay but it really isn't okay

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process spread out over 3 weeks which seemed a little dragged out. You start with meeting the recruiter, then the Area director and then the director of operations.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in and had an interview. Then I went to a cafe for about 3 hours to have an observation shift to really find out what Panera was about. After that I had another interview and then was called for an acceptance position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior supervisor positions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw ad on window to email resume to HR representative. She called about 2 days later and did a phone screening and set up an interview with the District Manager about a week later. DM set up another interview with manager of store. Was offered position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for $38,000 was offered $35,500. No negotiation.