Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

2.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The Director of Recruiting saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me about the position. Told me when she was going to be in the Panera Bread near me to schedule an interview. Interview scheduled in 15 minute intervals. There were 2 candidates before me and then one after. I am not sure if there was anymore after that being that I left after my interview. I am not sure what positions the other candidates were interviewing for. I dressed professionally for the interview, more so that the other applicants. Interview was professional and basic. Explained the 10 week training process, health benefits. Asked about working hours, availability, what can I offer the company, why Panera bread, cross training examples, what obstacles have I encountered in a job in the past, management style, salary expected etc. I was told that I would be contacted within a week. I was contacted 6 days later with this e-mail:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the Assistant Manager position with our company.

After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue another applicant for the position.

We will however, maintain your resume in our active files for a period of one year so that we can continue to consider you for any future openings.

Again, we thank you for your interest in our company and wish you every success.

Kindest Regards,

Panera Bread

Human Resources Department"

I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because the interview went very well. I was more than qualified for the position. I am also very surprised that I did not get a personal e-mail from the actual interviewer rather that a "generic" e-mail. It would have been nice to know the reason behind their choice. Also, I think it would have been a better alternative to maybe offer me a job at a lower position within the company with a chance to grow. I was told that there were many positions available due to a new Panera bread opening near by and season being just around the corner. If given the opportunity to work for them, I would definitely because it does indeed seem like a serious company.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect my salary to be   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Interview

You basically cannot get close to a phone interview unless you have a job recruiter. I had been trying to get an interview for 2 yrs; I got a recruiter and then spoke to someone.

Interview Questions

• Who is the name of the best manager you've ever had and why were they the best?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and then was asked to complete an personality assessment, which I never completed. I was honestly tired of taking them. Received a call from a District Manager for my area about 3-4 weeks later wanting to schedule an interview. Met at a local Panera; interview went great and lasted about an hour; very personable and easy to talk to. 2nd interview was schedule the following week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you already know what you would do in managerial types of situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer letter with salary and benefits was sent via email after I passed background check. I sent counter offer letter with my desired salary, my qualifications and what I would bring to the company. My counter offer was accepted 2 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Elkridge, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

First step was a phone interivew, followed by an interview with the recruiting manager, finished by interviewing with the regional manager and operations manager. They asked typical restaurant interview questions, i.e. how to deal with tough customers, 5 year plan, management style etc.

Interview Questions

• I always find these questions difficult: where do you see yourself in 5 years. What did I dislike about a former boss etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary, which I did not accept. I asked for more and within hours the recruiting manager called back with an offer just below what I asked for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, if not relatively extensive. First was a phone interview with the head of Human Resources, then a face to face with a district manager. On to another face to face interview with the head of HR. The next step was a few hours in a cafe, shadowing the general manager and a couple of associates. The whole process took 4-6 weeks from my application to starting my first day.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any unexpected questions, pretty straightforward interview questions if you've interviewed for restaurant work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation available to me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Regional interviews and hires. Recruiter in corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• I was promoted from within my regional is very easy to get along with we talked about what I was to expect from the store I was going to. She is very smart and honest   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered I counter offered she was firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied in person. Hiring manager easy-going, asked my experience and how i liked working in fast paced business.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in other positions?   1 Answer

decided to go back to school.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then one face to face interview. I had to take a personality test and pass a background check. It took around one hour for the interview and I liked the company and what their vision was. It is a growing and very profitable company. The whole process took around two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer and I accepted. They sent an offer letter to me that I had to fill out along with a background check.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

One interview, initial phone call did not introduce one's self or company name. One interview with two different managers 1:1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to none

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Detroit, MI) in April 2008.

Interview

First interview was with the Human Resource Manager. Second interview was with the District Manager. They also allowed a view hours to review the job with another manager before accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• I was comfortable in the interview, so there really isn't anything that comes to mind.   Answer Question