Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Mission, KS).

Interview

You will interview with a talent recruiter at either a training store or administrative office and they ask you pretty basic interview questions. If they offer the job you will then do 7 weeks of training at a training location before you know your "home" store.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you handled a stressful situation as a manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went very smooth they are very professional. The offer very competitive wages and you only have to work 45 an hours a week as a salary manager. The benefit package is also amazing and you get bonuses every other month.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call within a week or so requesting a F2F interview, and met the Regional Manager at the store location.
    The interview was not stressful, but it was not super easy and informal either.
    Overall, the interview lasted over an hour.
    I was offered the position immediately after the interview, and salary negotiation coincided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Walk in, sir and wait 40 min to answer some questions. Talk with the district manager because none of the stores no longer have managers because everyone quits Panera when working for covelli enterprises. They like to make it seem like it's okay but it really isn't okay

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process spread out over 3 weeks which seemed a little dragged out. You start with meeting the recruiter, then the Area director and then the director of operations.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in and had an interview. Then I went to a cafe for about 3 hours to have an observation shift to really find out what Panera was about. After that I had another interview and then was called for an acceptance position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior supervisor positions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw ad on window to email resume to HR representative. She called about 2 days later and did a phone screening and set up an interview with the District Manager about a week later. DM set up another interview with manager of store. Was offered position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for $38,000 was offered $35,500. No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Two interviews human resources and manager, then you have to do a drug test. After drug test back ground check. Once hired on it's really difficult to be fired. Upper management can be lishy as times.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with hostile customers and how do you engage them during a escalate situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was about 15 minutes. Questions about work history, availability and why i wanted to work for Panera. Told someone would call me in a couple days. Got a call back in two days for face to face interview at a store location.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Panera?
      Tell me about you favorite manager I ever work for and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Director of Operations. Didn't have a 2nd interview. Asked did I have experience in the restaurant field. Standard interview questions. Hired on the spot. Was told do the application, drug test and background check. If passed offer would be sent. Guy wasn't intimidating. Just have high energy, be sure of yourself and know what you can bring to the company.