Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

1.9

301 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY).

Interview

I arrived to the first interview to be told that my interviewer is too busy to interview me. This shows that they have little respect for my time and poor management skills. This was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

You sit down with a manager at one of the cafe tables. They will ask you questions about experiences (not required) and how you feel about/what you would do in specific scenarios. Then they move on to availability. Most everyone is hired at this location. It comes down to more of how you do in the first week or two while training. It is important to see if you are good at receiving information and learn from instructions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sacrifice one of: Speed, Quality, Accuracy; what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was very simple. I applied online and within a week they had called and we set up an interview. I had one manager interview me, although sometimes they have two managers interview at once.

Interview Questions

• If you saw your coworker do something that you know is against the policy, how would you handle the situation?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

it was a normal interview process to work for a part time. there reall isn't aanything special about their hiring process. its the same as any other company you'd workf ro for parttime work.

Interview Questions

• they asked me what days i could worka nd the avialbaility   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first two with assistant managers and the last with the general manager. They asked the typical food service interview questions. The hardest question they asked was a scenario question. It was: What would you do if a regular that you knew was buying a coffee and pastry and forgot his wallet?

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Seal Beach, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, a group interview and a one-on-one with the general manager. The group interview was very laid back and so was the second one. This was my first job/interview experience and it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite item on Panera's menu to me as if I have never eaten here before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

first they ask where I have worked before. Asked if I had a car or a way of getting around. Asked what days I was available and if I ever worked in a restaurant before.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Applied online. Stopped by the cafe and asked about my application. Was called a couple days later to come in for an interview with one supervisor. She scheduled my next interview with the second manager. He took my availability information during the second interview. Called me back a few days later with a start date. Took about two weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work there? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

Friendly staff you interview right there in the cafe you usually meet with a assistant manager and if they approve you will meet with the general manager right after. They will explain the job expectation and what you will need before you are hired such as food handlers card and work shoes ect.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Panera   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from them about a week later. That call was considered a phone interview. They then scheduled a in store interview with the manager, called me about an hour after the interview to schedule my final interview with the general manager. The general manager hired my on the spot and then discusses the training process and pay which isn't too shabby($9.75). They interview consisted of basic questions so they can get a feel of the type of person you are.

Interview Questions

• what food will you go out of your way for?   Answer Question
    • where do you see yourself in the next ten years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a high stress situation you were in and how to you handle it?   Answer Question
    • what is one food you always have to have in your fridge?   Answer Question