Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Henrietta, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of 10 questions asked by the General Manager. After the questions were answered, was given an "orientation" date and time. Orientation consisted of 1-2 hours of paperwork (W-4, I-9 and other forms).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group setting. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Marion, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

I filled out my application in the store and was told i would be called if they were interested. I received a call the next morning and went in the next week for an interview. I got the job on the spot and had to go back for orientation. The company now does the application process online so it may be harder to get to know the person through a computer application.

Interview Questions

• Why did i wish to work at the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Shelton, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job in person before the store's grand opening in 2006. The cafe was extremely clean and the hiring manager was very friendly. The interview process consisted of the manager describing Panera Bread's way of business and also a little about what I would be doing if hired. They reviewed my work experience and application, and gave me the job. Super easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What could you do for Panera Bread?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Akron, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager a week after a friend told me they saw a sign that they were hiring.I went to the interview with one of the managers(assistant?) and I wore a nice button down shirt, black slacks, and dress shoes. I probably could have went more casual, but I always want to seem as professional as possible. She asked me questions about availability and my weaknesses. Typical interview questions but nothing terrible. She then said she thought I was a good fit for register (since I had experience and didnt want to be a dishwasher), but I had to come in for a second interview a few days later with the store manager.

I came in and she seemed really nice and pleasant. I was actually not feeling well, so I was happy it was so short. Similar questions again, mostly repeat. She asked me to work at Panera, I accepted. I came back in a few hours later to do paperwork.

Panera has the worst training ever. I had to go in two days later for 2 hours of video, drive 30 minutes away for "Planet Bread" (the most useless training class ever), and I've been barely getting any hours because I have to work with certain people to train me. Their training is garbage. I've done almost 4 hours of computer work, an hour of "fake" ringing up orders, and a lot of formal stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Denver, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview, in my opinion, was over rated for the kind of job it is. I however think I had a peculiar situation because I am much more educated than the employees they usually hire. I therefore had to prove beyond doubt that I really wanted the job and not just for the money or for the meantime.

I interviewed with all 3 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room for negotiation. they basically have a fixed rate they pay new employees.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

I handed in an application that I filled in-store... they are pretty much always hiring since they can't seem to keep their employees. I sat down with one of the managers at a table in the store, he looked over my application and we talked a little bit about work/life balance (ha!) and salary. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard. I don't even think I had questioning from them. You basically just need to be smart enough to function normally to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Vancouver, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Try to be positive and ubeat because they are looking for someone who can provide excellent customer service. Compliment the food and tell them why you want to work there. Tell them you want to work there long-term. My manager talked about the weather and olympics with me to get a feel for my personality. Also, think of when you had to put someone else above yourself. This was my first job and I felt that the interview was very easy. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situtation when you put another above yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Southlake, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online and completed a huge questionnaire. I had to call back several times, every time being told they would look at my application. Finally, I decided to walk in to the store. I got an interview for the next day. That interview was extremely brief! (less than 10 minutes). Was asked basic questions (what is good customer service, what would you do if a customer...) Was told to come in for a second interview. I haven't gone yet, but I hope I have the job!

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (La Mirada, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Asked me about leadership experience. Ever work as a team? thast about it.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2007.

Interview

Managers were very friendly and welcoming. Offered competitive hourly wage. Responded quickly to my application. Got to the point didnt ask a bunch of silly questions. Once hired you will attend a training class then receive a hepatitis shot. overall very positive experience