Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I was called to come in that morning, first meeting with a manager to discuss the job, and to be introduced face to face. I was then called back for a second interview with the general manager, who hired me on the spot after more interview questions and information shared about the company. It was overall a very pleasant, welcoming process, and everyone did a great job of making me feel comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel more comfortable working in the back-of-house or the front-of-house?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The manager came out to the dining area and sat down with me. The questions were pretty easy, no pressure questions about my previous work experience. The interviewer described the different positions at the store, and asked my opinion on which position I thought I'd do well at.

Interview Questions

• What was one instance in which I felt unprepared, and what did I do?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2016.

Interview

I got a call about a month after I applied to come in for an interview with a shift manager. It went really well, and the guy was very straightforward with me. We scheduled an interview with the general manager a week later. He was very friendly and helpful and answered any questions I had.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Barrington, Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Lake Barrington, Lake, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called in for the initial interview, expecting it to just be some preliminary questions, but after about 10 to 20 minutes of questions and paperwork, I was hired on the spot. Direct deposit was already set up the next day and I was already receiving emails about opening the new location within the week. Very smooth and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you displayed outstanding customer service or went above and beyond the expectations of your supervisor, teacher, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they matched the pay rate of my previous job.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I dressed to impress but I don't think it was necessary for the one I worked in. Basically she asked why I wanted to work there and just hired me interview was easy but orientation was a big bread meeting in Latham where I made a nametag tried food and learned abut the values. pretty fun actually

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Jacksonville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was initiated by a brief phone screen interview from the Shift Supervisor that touched bases slightly for what the, then upcoming, job interview will entail. The next day I had an interview with the Assistant Manager who helped me to feel very comfortable during the typically stressful interview phase. This interview was mainly about my skills and qualifications. I was given very helpful information on how to proceed to my next interview with the General Manager. The interview with the General Manager was more helpful at helping me understand the inner-workings of the Company as well as the management to employee approach and more. In this interview these questions were geared to what I know about the Company and I was also given a brief look at how cohesive the "family" of this Panera Bread is and I cannot wait to become a member of that family. I am very grateful for this opportunity to have learned a lot in just two, short days! Lastly, as a military dependent I greatly appreciate the leadership approach that they use as well as the strong, always faithful, bond between supervisor and employee.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: With the Assistant Manager (About You)
      1. How do you feel about micromanagement?
      2. Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?
      3. Do you prefer to be a leader or a follower?
      4. Describe a time where you have had to motivate your team.
      5. Tell me a little about yourself. (Not what you are doing now, but your story to how you got to where you are now.)
      6. Are you an only child? (How does this or not apply to you and what aspects have you learned?)
      7. Tell me a time when someone in a leadership position made a bad decision. How did you handle it?
      8. Are you more willing to take risks or take your time and plan methodically?
      9. Are you willing to put the Company's needs ahead of your own?

Interview 2: With the General Manager (About the Company)
      9. Why do you feel you'd make a good fit in Panera Bread?
      10. What differentiates you from other applicants?
      11. What do you know of our Company?
      12. Our starting wage is $__.__ would that be okay considering your desired wage?
      13. Are you ready to begin training at "Baguette University?"
      14. When can you start?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got called for an interview with the GM of the store. He asked me to come back and interview with 2 other managers later on that week. They asked me a bunch of questions and then after another few days the GM called and offered me a job, which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is hospitality?
      How often have you called in sick the past 2 years?
      Do you have your food handlers card?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2016.

Interview

Informal and very unprofessionally late. I was told to go and sit and the general manager would be out in a few minutes. I sat there for a half an hour before I went to ask if anyone was coming out. It was about another 10 to 15 minutes before she even came out. 3 or 4 of the OTHER managers noticed me, but continued to walk right past me. I knew as soon as I say down, I wouldn't be very impressed if I had this job with the managers here.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

They called me in and hired me the next day. i sat down in the store, and gave a recent update of my resume. Then the major manager called me in the next day along with asking me to train 3 hours later in uniform. she actually texted me.

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Johns Creek, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring and I was hired 10 minutes later. Very open and friendly and made me feel welcomed. Asked me simple questions like when I could work and if I had experience in the food industry. Very quick and easy and was happy when I left.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced in the food industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated pay