Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

1.8

296 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Canton, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short and to the point. All of the managers and associates were kind. The interview is conducted in the dining room with the General manager present at the last interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Great. I did not get asked a single question. I was satisfied and happy with the interview process at Panera Bread. I am also satisfied with their management. Satisfaction guaranteed when you work here. I have no complaints.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied when the stores still utilized paper applications versus online assessments. So I went in and filled out the application. Once I completed the application I met with a manager who interviewed and hired me on the spot. However, the process has changed and now you must take an online assessment and fill out the application online. A manager or training specialist reviews the scores and based on your score and answers as far as the needs they are looking for they call you to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is great customer service?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Apply online the whole hiring process took maybe a week was hired in the spot the interview went great was easy the manger I interview with was very laid back and goofy great guy

Interview Questions

• Typical interview question qualifications work history availability stuff as such   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Manager was friendly, asked me about my interests and we had a common interest of music. Questions were relevant, but were not very tough. He didn't hit me hard on things I said that could have been fleshed out.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult costumer and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Albany, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I waited in the restaurant 38 minutes after my interview was scheduled to be able to start the process. Then was hit on by an employee while the manager was interviewing me, she did nothing about it. Then after I went home, I didn't get a call back until two weeks later and the hiring manager didn't even know my name or what store I had interviewed at.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I got called for an interview, and was met by one of the managers. Fortunately for me it was one of the more easy going managers, and my cousin had worked there for a while and had a good reputation already. So after a few questions about my basic math abilities, and such, I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Lumberton, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I did an application online got a call like 3 days later telling me to come in for an interview,i went it actually was a group interview with actually like 15 people in an conference room.we did different skit far as a 'whats on the top of your refrigerator" and "whats in the inside of your refrigerator" type question then we had to split in groups of 4 and demonstrate such characters as a cashier,customer,manager. then we watch 2 videos and they said they will call for the candidates that was picked for the positions. I'm waiting on my call for tomorrow to let me know if i got the job

Interview Questions

• y would i be a good candidate for panera what do i like about there company is there anything on there menu i like.   1 Answer

Negotiation

don't be nervous because they were 3 managers watching ,always give eye contact in you should be good and at the end ask a lot of questions

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got called in for an interview months after applying. Manager walked away in middle of interview to deal with a guest. Once he came back he said I was hired and asked for birth cert and other personal stuff. Got hired within 20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was all really easy. You go in, ask for the manager, wait 20 minutes for him to come out, and you sit down at a random table. Generic questions. Why do you want this job? How long do you plan on staying? What are you looking for exactly? Why do you think you're a good fit? Prior work experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Hour long do you plan on staying.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told you a wage and you take it