Panera Bread Associate Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Associate Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical 30 minute interview with the general manager of the store in which you are asked about your experience, your qualities, and a few what-if scenarios regarding customer service.

Interview Questions

• What adjectives would your friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

We had to complete the Trainer online test, to have been certified in at least 3-4 areas, to earn 90% or better on all our online certifications for our certified sections, to answer the personality/scenario questions in the trainer packet (see Interview Questions) and complete a one-on-one interview with our regional Trainer Coordinator. The packet instructions said we didn't have to answer all of the questions, but I did in writing so I would know how to best answer them should they be raised in the interview.

Interview Questions

• TEAM MEMBER
      1. Describe a time when you helped someone to be successful.
      2. How would your teammates describe you and why?
      3. Describe each step involved with training/cross training an associate.
      4. Tell me what becoming an Associate Trainer means to you?
      5. During a shift, another Associate Trainer is not doing a task correctly. How would you as an Associate Trainer handle the situation?

CUSTOMER ADVOCATE
      1. Describe a situation when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?
      2. Who are your two favorite customers and why?
      3. What does Panera Warmth mean to you?
      4. How would you teach a new associate about Panera Warmth?

FACE OF PANERA
      1. What steps do you take to connect with your customers?
      2. Share a situation where things didn’t go as planned and our customers became upset. How did you resolve it?
      3. What excites you the most about becoming an Associate Trainer?
      4. Who are your role models and why?

CRAFTPERSON
      1. Describe a situation where you lacked the skills to get the job done. How did you handle it?
      2. What steps would you take if a person you were training just “didn’t get it”?
      3. Walk me through how you prepare yourself to train and what tools you utilize.
      4. Describe a situation where you didn’t agree with change, but did it anyway. What was the result?

CONSTANT LEARNER
      1. What are my goals for near and distant future?
      2. What is our promoter score & how have I helped increase it?
      3. What do you see as the most difficult thing about training someone?
      4. What areas do you still need to improve on and why?

TRAINER
      1. How do I feel about being held accountable for success of trainee?
      2. How will you know you have trained someone successfully?
      3. What do you believe are the expectations of an Associate Trainer?
      4. Which two Associate Trainers recommended you for this position and why?
      5. What questions do you have about the Associate Trainer role?
      Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The interview process is usually a two, to three part process. One manager will interview and if they like you, they will invite you back to meet another manager. They aren't technically allowed to ask you personal questions so they ask general questions to test your enthusiasm. They're really just looking for people who exhibite "Panera warmth".

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

General Manager asks you 4-6 questions.It was informal so no pressure. They really want you to have personality so try to be friendly and bubbly. You don't need experience to wok here. You do need to show persistence and dedication if you want to get hired without experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Easy and like any typical interview. I really can't think of anything someone could do to not get a job here unless that said something offense or outlandish. You apply online and if you call them within the next ew days they are pretty good about getting you in asap for an interview. The best time to try to get hired on is right before the holidays because they are extremely busy. During the summer is hit or miss because they get a ton of high schoolers trying to apply then as well.

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Met with the GM and Assistant Manager together for the only interview that I had with the company. The interview fairly straightforward and easy and upon the completion they gave me an hourly rate that I was very happy to take since it was my first job. Looking at the past, I would've requested much more had I known the stress the job would bring.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I had to answer was why I wanted to work for the company and my experience with customer service. Since I had never worked for a company before this was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Meeting with the store manager was somewhat painless. Basically, If they like you they are going to hire you. I sat with her for about an hour where they really try and get to know you and understand your work ethic and so on. They dont want lazy people or people that do drugs working there because there is liability.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to understand what hours I was willing to work, they begin very early sometimes   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied online, was called the next day for an interview. The following day I went for an interview with one of the managers. I was called by the interviewing manager within two days and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I was wanting to do after college. They also asked how long I would be planning on working at their store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fleming Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fleming Island, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple and straight forward. I was offered a job that same day and started the next week. Training process was 5 shifts and they allowed you to train in multiple positions if you were interested in them.

Interview Questions

• They were very serious about hiring staff with people skills. So the questions were centered around that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Anaheim, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied at a new cafe, so they were taking a lot of new hires. After about 10 minutes of dialogue I was hired on the spot. A good idea to get ahead of other applicants is to already have your food handlers license.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill questions. Where do you see yourself? Why do you want to work for Panera? Previous employers. Etc.   1 Answer