Panera Bread Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied when the stores still utilized paper applications versus online assessments. So I went in and filled out the application. Once I completed the application I met with a manager who interviewed and hired me on the spot. However, the process has changed and now you must take an online assessment and fill out the application online. A manager or training specialist reviews the scores and based on your score and answers as far as the needs they are looking for they call you to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked only two questions (describe yourself and availability) because of my score on the online part of the application, I found it to be pretty easy, and the manager said it was one of the quickest interviews he'd ever conducted.

Line Cook Interview

Application

Interview

The process went well. I originally applied for a different position, but the General Manager told me they were looking for cooks so I took it. We talked about scheduling and payment and what not. Nothing struck out as being out of the ordinary about the interview.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty standard stuff like "Why do you want to work for Panera?" and "How would you be a good fit for the company?" and "Are you alright with cross-training?"   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked the basic interview questions. It was super basic and easy. No need to prepare for this interview, everything is knowledge you should already have. They liked me so I got the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How far do you plan on working with panera?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall I was impressed. I went through three processes: the initial interview, the working interview, and the "hiring" interview. The initial interview was a simple 10 to 15 minute meeting with the baking market manager about why I wanted the job, why I think I would excel in a baking position, and what I knew about Panera Bread as a company--the usual stuff. After that was complete, a working interview was scheduled, where I worked with a trainer for two hours who showed me some pan ups, had me try some hands-on work, and explained the nuances of the job. I really enjoyed that part, as I gave me a chance to decide if I would enjoy the nature of the work. The final step is the last interview, which for me was more of a confirmation that I wanted the job and verified the terms of employment. At this last interview I filled out the requisite paperwork, went over the associate handbook with the baking manager, received my uniform, and was ready to start training the following night.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you know about Panera?   1 Answer

Bakery-Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

A few words about my background and experience - not a long interview. The interviewer was not interested in personality assessment but rather in questions related to experience, qualifications, and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online then followed up and introduced myself to each location and let them know I submitted an application, most of them called backed for an interview the next week. The questions are fairly easy. They're looking for dedicated and positive attitudes. I was turned down by a few location until I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Panera?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online a year ago. Never got a call I due to lack of experience. Got a years worth of retail under my belt and reapplied online. I ended up going in requesting an interview. They called back and I went in. The manager didn't ask much. Just if I plan on staying there for a good while. I said yes. Other than that he said he liked my resume. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Nothing about pay was even brought up. I'm assuming minimum wage is base.

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted directly by Panera HR through an industry site where I had a resume posted. I live in the Southeast and stated that I would not be interested in relocating. I received two calls from Panera, one from HR and the second from the hiring manager. The position they wanted me to take would either handle the mid-west or west coast. Despite stating I would not relocate they asked me to move to St. Louis, MO, where their corporate headquarters is located. I got the impression that the Real Estate Department is very segregated and does do work as a team - they have people who do site selection and others who focus on renewals and relocations. It sounded like they micromanage their people and that there are a lot of procedures to follow. After reaffirming that I was not interested in relocating I was cut from the interview process. Frankly, I feel like they wasted my time by contacting me.