Panera Bread Bakery Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Bakery Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Palm City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Palm City, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a quick interview with the psycho manager. I was hired on the spot. She went over the general manger's head. The shortest, most pointless interview of my life. I got a free drink so that was cool. She stopped in the middle of my interview to talk to an off the clock employee about his friend's interview.

Negotiation

"K."

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Hingham, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Multiple questions like why do you want to work here, what qualities do you have, how are you in a fast pace work environment, etc. The interview was like any other job interview would be. Pretty much, the hiring manager had my submitted application with her on hand and was looking through it and from there asked me a series of questions to which I promptly answered.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite subject in school   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Edmond, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

I was called in for one interview. I showed up on time and was made to wait 30 minutes. This was okay with me as the store seemed to be rather busy, but I still didn't appreciate the long wait time. I was taken to an outdoor area and interviewed by the Assistant Manager while a newly hired Shift Supervisor shadowed the interview. The whole process once started took approximately 25 minutes and was mostly corporate approved questions with no definite answer. I was told after the interview that I could call the store 48 hours later to find out if I had received the job. I called back and was given the position and promptly sent to an orientation at a training store. I started actual work within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my favorite menu item was and why it was my favorite. The company definitely expects you to have at least a passing knowledge of the food they serve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no flexibility regarding pay, and the job offer was contingent on me being able to open at 5 a.m.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

My self among other candidates met at a one of their locations. Waited around for a few minutes, then spoke to a manager one on one . The questions was pretty basic. Then he invited me for a second interview with another manager . That interview was a group interview . Then he said he was gonna give us a call in a few days . That was a couple days ago.

Interview Questions

• Why do u wanna work for panera bread   1 Answer

Bakery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Three managers had to interview me before I recieved the job. It was the shift super. Then the assistant manager then the store manager. It was fine. Just had to come back 3 times.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you did that fulfilled great customer satisfaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fine.

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Westford, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick. Went in talked to manager had me come back an hour later to see GM. Hired on the spot and was able to haggle a pay bump. No drug screen or background check as it was in MA which doesn't require background checks. They perform checks for shift supervisor or management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Wilmington, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I spoke with the GM and laid out my qualities and what I can bring to the table. I was referred by a friend who I worked with. The GM saw "himself" when he was talking to me.

Interview Questions

• What can I do differently than most people?   1 Answer

Bakery Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Interview was quite easy, just wanted to see what my skills are and if I would be a good fit. I only had one onsite interview with the manager at the time which lasted about 20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I got a call for an interview just a few hours after I applied for the job. I went in the next day and they offered me a job on the spot. However, there is a major communication issue with that Panera location, and I showed up for two different orientations only for them to tell me that they couldn't do it that day. After the second time, I decided to look for a different position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience working in a restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fox Chapel, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fox Chapel, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

The General Manager Anthony was extremely professional but was able to make me feel comfortable. He was very respectful courteous knowledgeable. He gave me a chance and i got promoted to shift supervisor after 3 months