Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic customer service questions. Very nice talking, questions about leadership roles and being positive in the work environment. Coming to work dressed properly and learning about the food you're selling. It was a very positive experience for me the manager was great and very clear in the roles intended for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Questions about work experience and avalibility. Asked about team work skills. Offered a drink while I waited a really long time for a manager to have time to talk to me. Asked about transportation

Interview Questions

• Did I know a lot about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Winchester, VA).

Interview

The interview was very laidback and calm. I was offered a drink by the friendly staff. It was during one of their down times so it wasn't super busy or loud. The manager was very upbeat and happy. One of the easiest interviews I have done in my adult life.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, like what do you do in your spare time, reliability, skills, what are your goals in life, ect ect.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Naples, FL).

Interview

Quick interviewa after I submitted my application on line was offered job after first interview. Very easy quick process for cafe job it's a part time job very simple to learn job it took two days very routine

Interview Questions

• How many years cashier and customer service experience did I have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none it was a flat rate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call in a few days later to interview inside the restaurant. The interview was pretty easy, the general manager asked me some behavioral questions and just conversational topics to know about me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make sure you took their order correctly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY).

Interview

Just talked about your education such as what schools you went and what are some of your hobbies. They also ask you what actions did you take in group work.( Had multiple situations to talk about under) It was really easy

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Wesley Chapel, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy. The general manager was very nice and actually listened to my answers. The whole process was extremely simple and stress free. I would definitely recommend applying to a Panera near you. There was only three people in front of me. My interview was at 4:25 and I was out of there by 4:35.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call in a week. Came in and was offered a beverage. Sat down with training manager and talked about the job. Just basic customer interaction and past experiences. Then the store manager came over and chatted. I was offered the job. When I started, it wasnt the job I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Myrtle Beach, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

You would walk in, sign in, and then someone would sit with you. Then they would ask you questions about your past jobs, your hobbies, what made you choose Panera bread to apply for.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Williamsville, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next morning the GM called my reference then soon after she called me. On the phone she asked 2 questions: if I had reliable transportation and about my availability. After she asked me if I can come in later on that same day for an interview. I arrived about 10min before and met the hiring specialist who was very nice. He asked questions like "Tell me about yourself", asked if I was in school, asked about my previous jobs and why I left them, asked about previous co-workers that I got along with and the ones that I didn't. (Panera seems to focus on keeping the work place a friendly environment and have a little family) He then proceeded to talk a little more about how they only hire the best and if you actually do your job then the opportunities will come to you. After that he told me that he felt that I would be great for the production because he like my attitude and wanted to set up a 2nd interview with the GM the next day.

I came in 5min early and she asked about my availability again and more typical behavioral questions that were real easy. After that she offered me the job on the spot and I should expect to hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were involved in a group setting.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Panera?   Answer Question
    • How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question
    • As a customer, what do you expect?   1 Answer
    • Has there ever been a time where you struggled with something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a dollar more then what I asked for