Panera Bread Catering Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Catering Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Submitted an application for a shift supervisor position. Got a call from the GM about a week later, requesting if I would like to interview for catering coordinator instead. I wasn't sure about the position at first, and asked him if I could think about it for a day and get back to him. He was very agreeable and friendly.
I called him back the next day and decided to go for it. He set up my interview for 2 days later, but had to move it to another day...no big deal for me.
I showed up about 10 minutes early and the cashier welcomed me and handed me a drink cup. The GM was waiting for me.
The interview was great! I interviewed with both the GM and an Asst. Manager. Both were friendly and welcoming. I felt comfortable immediately and was there for just over an hour. I was asked the same set of questions by each. They were fairly simple questions that pertained more to my character. They both seemed happy with me and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Temple, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy, personable interview. I was contacted by an AGM to set up the interview. I sat down with the GM and the current Catering Coordinator inside the restaurant. They described the role as well as reviewed my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• They inquired how I felt about a sales position without a lot of sales experience.   1 Answer

Catering Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Pretty basic questions, very easy to talk to the manager. My only complaint is that she never followed up. Make sure that you have good communication skills and fresh ideas.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal, immediately told me that they were not hiring for the position I wanted and then offered to make me a delivery driver. Hardly any interview questions at all because they are so understaffed they're hiring anybody.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tulsa, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

They really took the time to get to know me in my interview. I applied for Catering coordinator, but after talking with me decided I would be much better fit for Shift Supervisor. There was a two part process. I talked with the recruiter first and then I went back to talk to the G.M. on a separate occasion. I also had internal interviews with HQ and the district manager. All were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Panama City Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

i worked for panera before and was hired on the spot because the general manager needed a catering coordinator and i was qualified. The process was quite easy for me since I knew the company and the product and was excited to get back into it.

Interview Questions

• what are your ideas for building sales   1 Answer

Catering Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

i applied online. they called me about a five days later from two branches, i did an interview with the one closer to my house. the manager was very nice and asked basic questions like why do you want to work for us and tell us a bit about your self. she said she is going to hire me while we are doing the interview. did my orientation the day after. stated training a day after that. love the staff and the managers

Interview Questions

• tell us how you can be an a good example for a coworker or friend   Answer Question

Catering Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I knew someone. I was called to interview with her. Then her boss and the catering regional manager interviewed me and within a week I was hired. It was very easy but getting started on the job and gaining info about benefits was another story.

Interview Questions

• No one knew associate benefit plans   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I knew someone and I was over qualified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Wausau, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

Super Informal. Right away, store manager informed me the position was not available. I thought he was being polite, just by telling me the "want ad is posted permanently" they really were not looking to hire anyone. I had to get to the bottom and I verified the want ad is posted permanently. Don't recommend to waste valuable job search time.

Anonymous Employee in Niles, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Niles, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Easy. I was interviewed by the area supervisor and one of the managers. I spent over 2 hr in total for the interviews and 1 hr of driving time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The starting salary changed 3 times before I started. It ended up being 8.10 hr.