Panera Bread Customer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Customer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Columbia, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

I was called by an assistant manager within a couple days of completing the online job application. An in-person interview was set up for a few days after that. The interview was very basic: questions about previous jobs, strengths and weaknesses as a worker, why I had applied for the job, what was my favorite item to eat at Panera, etc, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Waynesville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Waynesville, MO) in December 2010.

Interview

Very brief, no background check, mainly verbal questions, want high school education at least. One on one interview. Must be computer literate to some degree for training and registers. Must be able to balance your drawer if customer associate. Other wise you can be barista, sandwich makers, prepers, at night are bakers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the customer was unhappy?
      In the past tell me about a situation that went from bad to good in your last job and how you turned it around?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for a higher amt per hour or by default they paid 7.25 or minimum.

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The manager was friendly. They were upfront about the shifts they were currently seeking. It was a very short process.

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in for an interview with one of their managers. The following week I went into my interview and the manager asked a couple questions about why I wanted to work there and it took all of 5 minutes. Then she said she'll call me if they want me to come in and interview with the main branch manager. She called me about an hour later and I scheduled to come in the next week. Interviewing with the head manager became a difficult because she had to leave for an emergency right when my interview was and I spoke with another manager and she said they liked me so much that they'll hire me, but they can't do it right now. I called two weeks later to schedule a meeting with the head manager again but there was no available time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Panera?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Seal Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I haven't been hired yet, just had my first interview yesterday. It was a very laid back, group interview consisting of me, 10 others, and the first hiring associate. Questions were fairly simple, asking each of us to describe teamwork or accountability, how would we describe a menu item to an indecisive customer, who our favorite past supervisor or teacher was and why, and describe ourselves in one word.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe teamwork?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. Applied online and the next day I got a call from a recruiter to come in for a hiring event. I went in and talked to the recruiter, right after she interviewed me she went and got the general manager and he interviewed me too and I was hired on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Regular standard procedure, walked in greeted myself and the first thing she commented on was the clothes I was wearing in a bad way... That was kind of rude tbh but whatever. The second interview was better but I got employment elsewhere so I declined at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Customer Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Interview was easy. Asked basic questions. However, the manager told me that she never received my resume. I was told that I would be transferred to someone in the regional office for a second interview, but never got a call.

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New Albany, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed with a lot of emphasis on my experience and goals. I was pretty much hired by District Manager but had to interview with GM of the store as well. I got the impression that she had been told to hire me and how much to offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your 5 year plan   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Toledo, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Apply online, they'll call you and bring you in for an interview. I interview with the hiring manager and the general manager. The questions are simple, simple customer service questions- basic knowledge. The interview with the general manager was a little more specific example questions, but they just want to make sure you are going to provide the best service. Quick tip: DO not commit to an interview to 2 different locations- I did that and they both wanted me and became a mess. In the long run I chose the location closer to my house.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sometimes they'll let you negotiate above minimum wage.