Panera Bread Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied online for this job and a couple days later I received a phone call from someone from Panera ( I believe they worked within HR, but cannot quite remember). The woman who called me seemed nice and she asked me when I could come in to interview with someone. I told her a day that would work well for me and that was, in essence, the whole conversation. I showed up at the location (a local Panera) where I told an employee that I was there for an interview. She (the employee) told me to take a seat anywhere in the dining area while I waited for the interview to begin. I probably waited for about 10 minutes (at most) before someone (from Panera) came out and sat down to talk to me. The person was friendly and we chatted slightly (I don't remember everything we talked about but it wasn't a lot). After that the person had me fill out a form that included pretty typical data such as: name, address, social security number, phone number, etc. (nothing unusual for an average application). Following this, the person talked to me a bit about the job and some of what it entailed. Then I was asked to fill out another sheet which basically would lay out my availability (for work hours). At this point I was pretty much hired. After this I was asked if I could go to the location which I was to work at and meet with someone for orientation. I replied by telling the interviewer that I was able to go, and with that I left one Panera to head to another. Once I reached the next Panera I met with another person who had many forms for me to fill out. Once all the forms were filled out I was given my starting date and time and left with a new job.

Interview Questions

• What do you order when at Panera?
    *There were not many questions asked during my interview (maybe two to three questions).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fairborn, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Very simple. Just was asked basic questions. Told me a bit about how well the delivery service has been. Was hired on the spot. You do have to have proof of insurance and your license on you. I start in 2 weeks. I'm excited! Don't even have to any driving minimum driving experience. Was told there is also always room for advancement, so that's great to know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. You're paid 8.50 an hour while in store and 6.50 while on the road but you get to keep all your tips and gas reimbursement every shift.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very smooth and fairly fast. My interview was much more a conversation than the typical interrogation with those "would you hire yourself?" questions like so many other jobs. They actually wanted to know about the things that I cared about and what I was looking forward to in the future. I got the impression that they are looking for people rather than positions. They are willing to work with you to find your best fit within the company if your current role isn't working out well for you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Bradenton, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called late in the afternoon shortly after I finished the online application. The person asked if I were available to come in the following day. She found a time mutually suitable. When I arrived for the interview one of two names I was given greeted me and took me to a more private table at this Panera.

Interview Questions

• The job was described to me and it was a little different than the job title indicated. The delivery service wan't quite ramped up and during non-driving times, I would be bussing tables, cleaning floors and restocking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

It was a 1 day process with various interview questions. You sit down and meet with the manager who handles delivery drivers and he or she ask questions testing if you are a not a reckless driver.

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Suffolk, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed and got a call back about a week or two later after I followed up with a call of my own. When I came in for the interview the HR manager was very friendly and the interview was very quick.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Dearborn, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

It's a really new position in most locations, after applying online I was contacted by a talent recruiter to schedule an interview, no questions asked, just confirming the location I applied for. It's a very relaxed 2 hour group interview with other applicants and 2 managers but it's not really competitive, because you're applying for different locations. The in-person interview with another manager & talent recruiter felt more like an orientation, she really explained the position, benefits, requirements and really sold the company & job to the applicants. We didn't have to really sell ourselves, just loosen up and, tell a little about who we are and why we love Panera Bread, describe our car, what music we listen to etc,. There's some fun ice breaker activities, she asks some questions about our car & why you want to work for Panera, then she offered all of us the position at the different locations we applied for. Afterwards another manger inspects our car outside, if it passes and you have valid car license, insurance and registration, and eventually your background check clears, then you schedule your official orientation right then and there. It's literally the most pleasant and least stressful hiring process I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a delivery driver or work for Panera Bread?   Answer Question
    • In one word, phrase or sentence how would you describe the Panera Bread locations you've experienced.   1 Answer
    • What kind of music do you listen to?   Answer Question
    • Describe your car?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I walked in, told them I'm here for an interview, they offered me a free drink while the hiring manager got together. Sent out a first interviewer that was origially just working when I walked in, then another interviewer came out.

Interview Questions

• "What's the biggest problem you've faced at your last job and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Flint, MI).

Interview

Frist interview was very good, second interview schedule problem with my schedule. Flexible schedule not so much. Delivery don't start till 11a til 8p. First manage interview was nice. Tell to much information. The second interview was General manage. Tell call me by end of day let me know if schedule would work. other people to interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Beavercreek, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The place seemed busy on a Tuesday afternoon when I got there about 10 min before the interview. After I told them why I was there, they told me I could sit in an area and wait for them. It took them a while and the first interviewer mistook me for another interviewee when he first came to me. In all, I waited about 20 min for the interviewers to come. That felt a little long to me. Though they did apologize and one asked if I wanted anything.

Anyway, the first interviewer asked basic questions like why do you want to work here, strengths and weaknesses, how would your friend describe you, how many hours do you want a week etc. He took notes of my answers and then told me another interviewer, who managed the delivery drivers, would come to ask me more questions.

When she came she asked a lot of the same questions the other guy did but also asked about my resume, and specific questions about the job. An example was what I would do if I got into an accident while on a delivery. The questions were not hard at all. She did answer the questions I had well and with a lot of detail . It was little awkward, though that may have been my fault. They were both pretty polite and it was a positive experience.