Panera Bread Hourly Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Hourly Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Hamilton, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Once I arrived I was instantly greeted by the manager. She was very nice and had a great personality. She asked me about my past employment, if I was in school and what hours can I work. She asked me the basic interview questions, like "Why do you want to work here?" and "What makes you stand out from the rest?" The interview process was very fast and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What days could I work.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (East Rutherford, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

I got a call back from Panera Bread 2 days after sending in my application online. I went in for my first interview with the general manager, who was very nice. He asked me about my experience and why I wanted to work with Panera. The interviewer didn't ask alot of questions because they just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for the job. The first interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. He asked me to go in for a second interview with the district manager(hiring manager) and he was also very nice and easy to talk to. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. We basically talked about my goals, school, hobbies, etc. By the end of the interview I was hired! Don't be nervous about the interview, just go in smile and don't forget to show eye contact it's very important. The interviewer purposely was looking around, down or out the window on purpose to see if I would still be focused and paying attention to him and what he's saying without getting distracted. Very nice and friendly people that are willing to work with your schedule. I had a great interview experience. I am now working at Panera Bread and it's awesome! I hope this helps! Good Luck =)

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions in the interview. Just be yourself, they want to see your personality!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fairfax, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

after applying to the location a little less than 2 weeks ago (personal information and personality test), i got a call from a manager and was asked what hours i was available. from there, he asked me to come in for an interview the following morning. i handed him my resume and more specific time table (not necessary but i think it helped!) and all he'd asked me was "So why would you like to work at Panera?" i talked about how the atmosphere was really homey and inviting and how my love for baking would be supported by working in such an environment. right afterwards, he told me i would be receiving a call in a few days to inform me on when to come in for orientation!

it was so much easier than i had planned-this being my first job and all!!! all in all, it lasted from 8:58-9:05. i expected it to be quite busy for a saturday morning but there were only a handful of customers walking around. i was not told the pay or about the employee benefits, but i plan on asking that asap!

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I believe if you have a previous experience in customer service or hospitality industry, the interview it is easier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Once you apply, if the cafe is hiring (AND if you are 18 or over, they don't hire under that) they will contact you within 2 weeks or so by phone to schedule an interview. Most go through 2 rounds of interviews (One with the hiring or just a regular manager, then one with the GM) before an offer, I only had one interview with the hiring manager and in about a week was offered the position. 3 or so days later I went in to fill out the paperwork, got my nametag to decorate, and later the next day the manager called me to tell me my first 3 shifts. Simple, quick and efficient process.

The interview was lovely, actually. My hiring manager is very personable and made it an enjoyable time. It felt like more of a discussion about me and my life and hobbies, and she said they were looking for someone to be "The face of Panera". Don't be pressured to wear anything formal or anything similar to the uniform. I just wore a casual dress I like, and I got the job :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Panera?   1 Answer

Negotiation

All associates are called "Hourly Associates" because there isn't specialization; they want everyone to be cross trained in at least 2 areas. Everyone starts at $8.00 an hour.

Hourly Associate Interview

Interview

Was a fairly simple interview. 1st interview was basically just to see what your availability would be. 2nd interview is more of a regular interview.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application and personality test online, and was called in for an interview with the assistant manager 3 days later. I was seated by another employee and was offered a drink. After about 5 minutes, the assistant manager came out. The interview went pretty well. He was very friendly and was mainly concerned with whether or not I would work well with the rest of the employees. We talked about my future plans for college, his own experience starting at Panera, and what I should expect about working there. He was very friendly and it seemed like the entire interview was him assessing my personality. He seems like a very fun guy to work with. It lasted for about 45 minutes. I was told that I should call back in 3 days if I didn't get a phone call before then. 3 days later, I called back and was told that they wanted to see me again for a 2nd interview, this time with the general manager. This guy was more intimidating. This interview seemed to be more about whether or not I could handle it. He asked if I was okay with coming to work at 5am, if I had reliable transportation, where else I had applied for work, why I wanted to work at Panera, whether I consider myself friendly, whether I was okay with the uniform (the Panera bread visor would have to go on top of my headscarf), if I can handle being on my feet for a busy shift, etc. I think he was more concerned about what I can handle because this will be my first job. He talked about uniform, work scheduling, etc. Two things that he said that struck me were 1) that the guest/customer is always right, and that 2) my personal life/emotional stuff should not affect me at work. I guess that makes sense, but I didn't expect it from a non-fast food place.He ended up saying "I'll give you a shot," so I guess I shouldn't feel too secure about having this position long-term just yet. Overall, I think the interview process was good, but being called in for interviews twice was kind of a hassle for such a position.

Interview Questions

• Both interviewers asked why I wanted to work at Panera, and not elsewhere.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (North Miami, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got three interviews the first two was with two assistant managers and the third was with GM. Lots of questions. They are looking for quality candidates! They told me they have ten other candidates and will call once they come to their final decision. That was 2days ago so hopefully I get a call.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Brea, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied to the Brea Panera because it is a new location so I figured they would be hiring a lot of people. I've never worked before so I knew it would be hard. I got a phone call the day after I applied asking me to come in for an interview. I went in without knowing what to expect, and it ended up being a group interview with about 12-15 people. We had to say a little bit about ourselves, some of our customer service experience, and explain why we wanted to work at Panera. I also had a resume for the hiring manager. The same day, maybe 8 hours later, they called back to set up a second interview at another local location. I went to that interview a few days later and there was 6 other people there this time. They asked the same questions, but this interview was longer because they included other questions such as "describe a time you received really good or really bad customer service." Nothing was too difficult, they just wanted to get the idea that you know what good customer service is and that you are eager to work at Panera. They called back about 3-4 days later to say I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Post 1st interview at Seal Beach, CA, I was given a 2nd interview at my desired location-Main Street at Huntington Beach. Manager Casey was not at all what I expected: sincerely kind and incredibly easy to talk to. Asked me 'what's your fave movie?' and 'have you ever had a confrontation with co-workers?'. Easy questions and an easy-to-talk-to manager. Also got a free drink from a warm cashier. Great atmosphere.

The only flaw? Being told to wait a few days for a call, to see if I make it to a 3rd interview. Inconvenient and crazy!

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: What's your favorite movie?   1 Answer