Panera Bread Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Hudson, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with district manager at Panera at designated hiring time window.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really. It was a competitive take it or leave it situation.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Allentown, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

process was about 15 minutes. Hired on the spot, filled out pperwork and that was it. discussed hours of availabilty, days available, and if Ihad any special needs or requests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't one

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

I first applied online then received a call from the manager about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. The actual interview took place in the dining area surrounded by customers. It didn't take longer than about 20 minutes and all of the basic minimum wage job interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered about 25 cents more per hour than the state minimum wage so I accepted without any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Amherst, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic, extremely laid back. I would say that this is probably the easiest type of interview to manage compared to other types. If you cannot master this, then you should look into getting some career assistance of some kind, especially for students that are college bound

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that set you apart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Short Hills, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

I sat down face to face with the manager at a table in the store. He basically asked me about my work experience. He went over my resume and thought I would be a good fit. He was impressed with my shirt and tie. I looked the part and showed him I was a good people person.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked the dining room before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Encinitas, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Both interviews I had were just in the cafe. The first was very short. I spent more time waiting for the general manager than actually talking to her. After asking around 4 questions she set up the next interview with someone else. That one was much longer and felt like an actual, in-depth interview. He mainly asked stuff about my personality/how I like to spend my time, my availability, and about how I work in a team. That interview was still pretty short, about 40 minutes (including waiting time). They got back to me two days after that interview.

Side note: If you have brightly dyed hair, you can still get a job here as long as you can tuck all your hair into your hat. If your hair is long, I'd recommend tying it all back and pinning your bangs back if you have them. My hair was bright purple during the interview and it worked out fine.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked in a team? What role did you take up?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Clifton, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

They asked you why do you chose panera, are you experienced with barista, it took forever. They said that they need more people like me. They tried to be intimidating but they're not tbh. They ask about how did you hear about this job and why. They never offer the base payment and you start with $7.25 and must learn all of the module without any raise. 25 cents raise per year, sometimes every other year or every 2 years.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Cary, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application and then met with the assistant manager and interviewed with him first. Then met with the General manager. After interview was over, I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• How would i handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

This was a three step process. I first had a short interview over the phone, and then was scheduled with a shift manager for my second interview. After that interview, I was scheduled to speak with the general manager the next week, but ended up talking with another shift manager. I was asked about personal views on how I do and think about work, what positions I'd be able to fill, and if I was willing to cross-train in other areas.

Interview Questions

• What skills did your [last job] teach you?   1 Answer