Panera Bread Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,366 Interview Reviews

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

They had called me on Thursday to schedule an interview on Saturday at 7 AM When I arrived at the interview the manager wasn't even there. He doesn't start till 9am, so I just left my number with the assistant manager to see if I can reschedule, apparently he had put down my interview for 10 AM when he said seven over the phone so not only did I miss my interview but I'm not getting a job over the phone so not only did I miss my interview but I'm not getting a job neither.

Night Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It is to be talked about with Human resource. The situation was handeld the wrong way, I was not given the chance to say what I wanted to say to the Hiring Manager. I wish that the opportunity would have been offered to give me a chance to clear a huge misunderstanding

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Interview

Done in main lobby, in crowded room at lunch time. Manager had to get up over 10 times. She forgot what she was asking me in between getting up. Asked for my resume, she lost it by setting it under a food tray on counter. She in total talked to me for less than 5 minutes, and decided since she couldn't keep herself or her employees together, that it must be my fault for having an interview at lunch time. So I was "not planer material".

Interview Questions

• what is teamwork to me?   1 Answer
    • where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • what qualities do you feel qualify you for this job?   1 Answer
    • what was I talking about, I forgot?   1 Answer
    • I'm sorry it's real busy, would you be okay waiting until I finish making food for the customers?   1 Answer

Baker - Day Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manalapan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Manalapan, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online; was contacted by company. Set up interview, day of I called to cancel and girl who I spoke with was not there. Called numerous times stating what had happened to Hiring Manager and was given a rude, discourteous response. Should not put employees anywhere near phones, huge headache and not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Did I have open availability?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Lots of information upfront. I was told what were his expectations and discussed salary. He made me feel very comfortable and had a copy of my resume with him. Talked a lot about his experience working there and how it was possible to move up through the company. He did have a list if questions that took personal experience and related it to the workplace.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Scarsdale, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

one on one with a firm image, they requested an SAT image of me. they asked me very specific questions about how i would handle many different situations of many different positiions

Interview Questions

• how to deal with tips and getting tipped   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2016.

Interview

Easy to start but got harder as it progressed to people higher in company. Questions really make you think about why you want position. Grilled me for a while about background and what I could bring to the team and company as a whole

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very thorough and really friendly. She asked a lot of critical thinking questions and my thoughts on how a company could stand out. The interview was held in the corporate office and I was given a quick tour, which was nice. The tour included a quick tour of the onsite cafe where I was offered a refreshment. It was a really nice, relaxed environment. The interview was preceded the following week by an interview phone screening. That was a short conversation and was more about my background and more in depth questions about my resume.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Manassas, VA).

Interview

Initially phone interview.. Brief, 20 min or so
    Behavioral question of the sort , team building, motivation, difficult employees
    Very experienced HR
    Second interview on location.. Extensive 1.5h
    Situational questions and behavioral
    Take interview process seriously
    Looking for the right match

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It took about threes days for the GM to get in contact with me, met with her, the market training manager, and the district manager, it was very very laid back, and she was the nicest woman I have ever met. It was relatively easy and lasted maybe about and hour or so.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of customer service to you?   1 Answer