Panera Bread Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,320 Interview Reviews

1.9

Food Prep Associate At Panera Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was going into my junior year of high school and applied to Panera online for a summer job. I was nervous before the interview but I walked in, spent about 40 minutes inside, and it went really well.

I had applied online, and a week later I got a phone call asking to set up an interview. I went in for the interview the next day wearing khakis and a polo (just to look presentable). I was about 10 minutes early. I went inside to the counter and asked for the manager who called me the night before. The cashier offered me a free fountain drink (which I accepted) and I sat down at a table and waited for about 5 minutes before the manager came and sat down. We spent 15 minutes talking, then he said he'd like to do a second interview, so he got his boss and she sat down and interviewed me right after he did.

They were both very nice and very friendly. The manager told me she really liked me and looked at my online application and offered me $9 an hour (I said I wanted $9 to $10 an hour on the application). She gave me information about going to the headquarters for an orientation class (I live near HQ in St. Louis) and then told me to call her when I completed the training session. Overall, very positive experience.

A lot of questions were just asking to specify things that I said in my application and my resume (I brought my resume with me just to be safe)

Other than that, it was just the usual kind of questions you'd expect (why do you want this job, can you handle stress, when are you free)

Don't worry about the interview! Just show a friendly and enthusiastic personality and your genuine interest in the job

~J

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?

What's your favorite menu item?

Can you handle high stress situations?

What's your availability like?

How will your schedule change when the school year starts?

How many hours a week are you looking to work?

What extracurriculars do you do?

Would you be willing to get here at 5am on some weekends to open the store?

What do you like to do during your free time?

What does good customer service mean to you?

What kind of service do you expect when you eat at Panera?

How would you handle an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Lots of information upfront. I was told what were his expectations and discussed salary. He made me feel very comfortable and had a copy of my resume with him. Talked a lot about his experience working there and how it was possible to move up through the company. He did have a list if questions that took personal experience and related it to the workplace.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Sanford, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was brief and simple and went by pretty quick. I sped up the process because I had my resume too. I spoke about my past and what I wanted out of the job. We spoke about my favorite menu item, as to make sure I was actually familiar with the place.

Interview Questions

• How does your volunteer work make up for your lack of work experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Edgewater, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

My last job was at sonic I had worked there for about six to seven months. When I went in for the interview I sat down outside on one of the tables and one of the managers had sat down with me and asked me about different things about myself and then we talked about my schedule at school at that time I had went to night school I still go tonight school and will be attending night school next semester. I was a cashier

Interview Questions

• What is one occupation you have   1 Answer

Delivery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Williamsville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Applied online on a Monday and got a call back later that week on Friday asking if I'm still interested in the position.

Setup an in person interview for Monday with the delivery team manager. It was a One on one interview with a presentation about the position then asked me 4 questions.

Offered the position on the spot with orientation Thursday and a start date as soon as Monday. Discussed pay of $10.75/hour while not on delivery and $7.50/hour while delivering plus tips and $.41 cents/mile gas reimbursement. Hourly wages are paid out every 2 weeks and tips/gas reimbursement are paid out daily.

As long as you be friendly and go in with a smile and positive attitude you are basically a shoe-in. Try to seem interested in some the stats presented and highlight any driver or customer service experience you have even if you think it's insignificant.

Also make sure your vehicle is in good shape and cleaned out because they will most likely inspect it. I had a new lease so my interviewer skipped over that part with me. You will be representing the Panera brand with your vehicle so they do not like you having any garbage inside or bumper stickers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a Panera delivery team member?   1 Answer
    • What items do you normally keep in your vehicle?   1 Answer
    • Is your vehicle clean or does it need to be cleaned?   1 Answer
    • What type of music do you listen to while driving?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I just applied on their website, took a test (which I assumed was to screen for personalities), and after a week or so I received a call back to interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went very smooth they are very professional. The offer very competitive wages and you only have to work 45 an hours a week as a salary manager. The benefit package is also amazing and you get bonuses every other month.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Medina, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call about two weeks after submitting my application, was asked if I could come in for an interview.
    After being hired, I had to come back and complete basic paperwork and attend an orientation

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous food service experience?   1 Answer
    • Have you eaten here before?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any career plans ?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Lancaster, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was called in for an initial and second interview. Although there may have been scripted questions, I did not get the impression that the interview was impersonal The general manager made his decision based on his impression of me and of what I had to offer to the cafe.

General Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Marietta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very Basic there was a lack of questions that would mean anything to a future employee. I guess they kind of gauge you as a person with a pulse. If you don't get hired by them don't worry because they will feel sorry they don't have anyone. Just show that you have common sense and you should be more than fine.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in food before?
      Preferred hours a week?