Panera Bread Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,433 Interview Reviews

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Seal Beach, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a group interview the next day. A day after that I got a call for the second interview with the general manager at the location I asked. Pleasant experience, everyone is very accommodating to any questions or concerns.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kent, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers, I went to 3 interviews total (supervisor - training manager - store manager), each took less than 15 minutes. Some questions were repeated on more than one interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Seal Beach, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online took about 15 minutes. I received an email and then a call within the week. I interviewed at one of the locations with a group of about 8-10people.
    Two managers lead the interview, going around asking character questions. After the interview I received a call 3-4 weeks later asking if I wanted the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager called me and then texted me telling me who she was and that she was interested in hiring me. So I went to the interview the next day and met with her as well as the AA manager. They asked questions and paid diligent attention to my answers, but didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. I felt very at ease talking to them.

Interview Questions

• What was my reason for wanting a job at Panera Bread   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Lafayette, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week to schedule an interview with a shift manager about two days later. When that interview went well, I was schedule for a second interview with the general manager, who offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a very casual interview andI'm in high school so they asked about my school activities and volunteer work.They were really interested in the whole idea of a fast paced work place.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

Friendly staff you interview right there in the cafe you usually meet with a assistant manager and if they approve you will meet with the general manager right after. They will explain the job expectation and what you will need before you are hired such as food handlers card and work shoes ect.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Panera   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Flint, MI).

Interview

Frist interview was very good, second interview schedule problem with my schedule. Flexible schedule not so much. Delivery don't start till 11a til 8p. First manage interview was nice. Tell to much information. The second interview was General manage. Tell call me by end of day let me know if schedule would work. other people to interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Submitted an application for a shift supervisor position. Got a call from the GM about a week later, requesting if I would like to interview for catering coordinator instead. I wasn't sure about the position at first, and asked him if I could think about it for a day and get back to him. He was very agreeable and friendly.
    I called him back the next day and decided to go for it. He set up my interview for 2 days later, but had to move it to another day...no big deal for me.
    I showed up about 10 minutes early and the cashier welcomed me and handed me a drink cup. The GM was waiting for me.
    The interview was great! I interviewed with both the GM and an Asst. Manager. Both were friendly and welcoming. I felt comfortable immediately and was there for just over an hour. I was asked the same set of questions by each. They were fairly simple questions that pertained more to my character. They both seemed happy with me and I was offered the job on the spot.

Food Prep Associate At Panera Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was going into my junior year of high school and applied to Panera online for a summer job. I was nervous before the interview but I walked in, spent about 40 minutes inside, and it went really well.

I had applied online, and a week later I got a phone call asking to set up an interview. I went in for the interview the next day wearing khakis and a polo (just to look presentable). I was about 10 minutes early. I went inside to the counter and asked for the manager who called me the night before. The cashier offered me a free fountain drink (which I accepted) and I sat down at a table and waited for about 5 minutes before the manager came and sat down. We spent 15 minutes talking, then he said he'd like to do a second interview, so he got his boss and she sat down and interviewed me right after he did.

They were both very nice and very friendly. The manager told me she really liked me and looked at my online application and offered me $9 an hour (I said I wanted $9 to $10 an hour on the application). She gave me information about going to the headquarters for an orientation class (I live near HQ in St. Louis) and then told me to call her when I completed the training session. Overall, very positive experience.

A lot of questions were just asking to specify things that I said in my application and my resume (I brought my resume with me just to be safe)

Other than that, it was just the usual kind of questions you'd expect (why do you want this job, can you handle stress, when are you free)

Don't worry about the interview! Just show a friendly and enthusiastic personality and your genuine interest in the job

~J

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?

What's your favorite menu item?

Can you handle high stress situations?

What's your availability like?

How will your schedule change when the school year starts?

How many hours a week are you looking to work?

What extracurriculars do you do?

Would you be willing to get here at 5am on some weekends to open the store?

What do you like to do during your free time?

What does good customer service mean to you?

What kind of service do you expect when you eat at Panera?

How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question