Panera Bread Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Line Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2017.

Interview

I put in an application online, received a call back for an interview less than two weeks later. I went to my interview the next day. It was pretty easy, answered some basic questions from one manager, when she told me she'd have me talk with one of the assistant managers. I had a pleasant talk with him where we discussed my current job, my expectations for Panera, my wage request, availability. It didn't take long for them to tell me they thought I'd be a good fit and requested I attend orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Springfield, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

2 separate interviews in-person, in the first I was asked about job history and later I met with the general manager and was given an offer for a specific position and wage. The whole process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Vero Beach, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The experience was overall pleasurable. Very easy and standard questions, nothing that should be too hard if you've had a previous job or even if it's your first. The setting was right in a booth at the cafe with their hiring manager. The entire process maybe took 10-15 minutes. Nothing to stress over.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time in your life when you had to overcome a set back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Oakmont, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

very informal and relaxed. asked very easy questions and took place in store. manager was nice and offered free drinks. expressed interest and hired right away. started job right away and started training. it was fun fun fun fun fun fun fun

Interview Questions

• what time commitments do you have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very short, they want an overview of you as a person. The job is not hard to do. After working there, I would hear the mangers talk about the people interviewed. They want someone professional and nice. you MUST be friendly for this job!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Panera   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2017.

Interview

It was quick and on point. The interviewing asked quick and easy questions about job history and then offered the job on the spot. She went over the benefits of employment and hours she needed me at.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Marietta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and enjoyable process. I applied through SnagAJob on Sunday (July 23, 2017). I got a call back the very next morning (on Monday) at around 10AM from a manager. He told me that he had seen my application and wanted to invite me to an interview tomorrow (on Tuesday). It was held at a Goodwill inside the career center. Also, it was a group interview with about 8 people. (It was a group interview because they are opening a new Austell, GA location and needed to staff it up asap). During the interview we met the GM (general manager) and manager and they asked us some free response questions. To answer, we all just spoke up. They told us to write our availability on one paper and our name and two answers on an index card. It was pretty fun and laid back. Once they dismissed us, I made sure to shake their hand AND thank them for the opportunity before leaving. Around 10am this morning (Wednesday), I received another call from the same manager. He told me that I got the job and that I would get $9.26 per hour. He then told me to show up for orientation/training this Saturday. Mind you, I have 0 previous work experience. None at all. Over the span of 4 days, my application to turned into a job offer. And this new worker will be earning $2.01 more than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Favorite food and the mood you must keep in your house.   Answer Question
    • What you want them to remember about you from that day's interview   Answer Question
    • Why you would be a good fit at Panera   Answer Question
    • A goal of your's and where you see yourself in x years   Answer Question
    • What good customer service means and how to achieve it   Answer Question
    • A time where you had to deal with 2 more priorities at once and a stressful situation you've encountered   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Edison, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was a manager, and they were very unprofessional and asked extremely basic and terrible generic questions that didn't seem to have any value in gauging my ability to perform and learn well in the specified environment.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you applied to?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2015.

Interview

You shake hands, introduce yourself and explain why you would be perfect for the job. Ask all the questions that you have, ask if they have anything they want to ask you. Thank them for the interview and wait for a call.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at? Any expierence with the chosen position? What does your availability look like? Are you a fast paced worker? Good at communicating ?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview, went and asked a few questions and then told to come back for a second interview. Offered the job in the second interview. Overall it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation