Panera Bread Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Line Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy, applied online and got a call from the GM a week later to come in an interview with his assistant manager, she was very nice and polite and interview was mostly personal questions. Got a call for a second interview maybe two days after

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied a week before getting a phone call. Got called to come for a group interview the following week. Dress professional. Easy questions. Friendly hiring managers. Needed new employees for new restaurant opening with drive thru. Hired the following week.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application on Saturday, May 26th. Less than two hours later I got a phone call and set up an interview for the next Tuesday.
    I had two interviews, the first with a kind man who was the restaurant manager. He had a packet with questions that he asked me, starting off with the general "when will you be available, previous work experiences" and such things. Then he got into more personality questions, like how would your friends describe you and the interview questions below. He seemed to like me so we set up a second interview (I knew I would probably be hired when he tried to squeeze in a second interview for the next day, but there just literally wasn't time available) for Saturday with the general manager.
    The second interview was with a very excited, bouncy woman who seemed happy to meet me. Very talkative, but friendly! I handed her my resume and my availability calendar (just cause mine was a little crazy for the next month, you don't need to do this but if its confusing like mine it shows responsibility) and we discussed a few aspects of my resume, had some casual humorous discussion about my volunteer work, and then she told me that the first man really liked me and that they would like to hire me! We set up an orientation date, which I will attend soon!
    Bottom LIne: The first interview had some general interview questions but mostly personality questions. Very friendly and easy-going experience and person. The second interview was more just the GM following up and making sure she also saw potential in me. Only really a few questions, and then I was hired on the spot. We set up an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite food?   1 Answer
    • What type of learner are you?   1 Answer
    • Whats a weakness you have?   1 Answer
    • when have you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • What excites you and makes you worried about working for Panera?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager just asked me about my background to get to know me a little bit. It was a quick and easy process. It seemed like the manager really wanted to get to know me.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a call later that day to interview the following day. I talked to two managers and was hired on the spot. We set up my company orientation and starting day before I left.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Reno, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

i don't really remember as it was a few years ago, it was quick and i was introduced to a few managers and I felt comfortable. I got a free cookie and they said they usually give them to people they don't want to hire so they don't hurt their feelings but they'll give me one anyways. So I got a hire, a cookie, and years of future headaches. Good times

Interview Questions

• What dead person would you have dinner with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Bowling Green, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview and interviewed with a manager. After interviewing with the manager I was called to let me know how the interview went.

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Mira Loma, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Seems like management just wanted someone to work weekends. and if you weren't available, they would say ok thank you. and never call. Never asked about personal goals, school, just things beneficial for the business.

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Clovis, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

The whole process took about a month from when I applied to when I got hired. Overall it was a straightforward experience. I applied online and a couple weeks later I received a phone call from a manager. She asked some basic questions about my experience and asked me if I could come in for an interview. At that interview, she asked some more questions about my experience (more specific this time), and some role play/situational ones. She then asked the assistant manager to talk to me. He asked similar questions and ones like what my favorite food was, what I do in my free time, etc. He then said that he'd talk to the General Manager and that she'd give me a call to come in to talk to her. I received a call from her the next day and scheduled an interview for a couple days later. That interview consisted of similar questions that I previously had been asked. Pretty much just getting to know me. Each interviewer was very nice and got straight to the point. A couple days after the interview with the GM, I received a call and was told I got the job and would be called soon with details for orientation.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was quick and it was one on one. She just asked about my teamwork experience. I interviewed in a Panera. I was also applying for the new store in New Brunswick.