Panera Bread Night Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Night Baker Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Butler, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the manager for about 30 minutes about myself, and my past job experiences, and why I thought I would be a good fit for this job. Then he told me, he would pass my application on to the baking department, and if they were interested in interviewing me, I would hear back from them personally, but I never did.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 qualities about yourself   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Very casual and relaxed. Sat down and discussed the job requirements and my expectations as well as theirs. I came in at night so I was able to go back and watch the baker work for a while and get an idea for the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Took a month to get a response. Got a phone call and was asked a few things then given an interview date. I was offered a drink before I met with the manager, I declined. After she was done interviewing someone, it was my turn. She gave a lot of information about the job, she was nice and professional. I dressed casual with just a collar button up. 30 min. interview. At the end she offered me free food and I declined and she even insistent. Now I feel like I should of accepted so I could of let her know me more, maybe it was even a part of the interview test, not sure. But I was not comfortable with that. That was literally the best interview that I have ever had. The next day I was told to meet for a 2nd interview with the Bakery Market Manager at another Panera that was kind of far from me. Again, wore the same thing. I went and there was like 4 Managers there. It was very intimidating. But, only one was going to interview me while the others sat there chatting to each other and listen to me a little. She then informed me again about the job, Kind of the same to my other interview. Each time she was done talking she kept asking me "Do have any questions?" I literally had none. I should of asked a lot of good questions though. Maybe I seemed uninterested to her. I was told in the email to expect a hour interview and it was only 11 mins. So that was not looking too good. She gave me a free blueberry muffin at the end as a gift (probably because she felt bad and already knew I was not going to work there) After 4 days I got an email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Panera?
      What does excellence mean to you? Give 3 things.
      What are you expecting from Panera?
      What do you like to do on your free time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Lexington, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

They contacted me within two weeks for an interview which was quick and easy. The process was a little strange in that I was invited to come back in the middle of the night to sort of observe what the work environment would be like, which felt like an informal interview too all on its own but I was assured that it wasn't.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be able to function independently as the work involved a high level of self-management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It is to be talked about with Human resource. The situation was handeld the wrong way, I was not given the chance to say what I wanted to say to the Hiring Manager. I wish that the opportunity would have been offered to give me a chance to clear a huge misunderstanding

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Middletown, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Sit down with the boss, asked questions about experience (even though none is required). Maybe get to see what goes on in the back of house. They basically just want to see if you're a good fit for night baking and if you'll stay around.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working an 8 hour shift from 9pm-5am.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview is at the discretion of the manager, and it was fairly laid back, you are given a drink and seat in the restaurant and the conversation is eased and polite. Also, once hired, there is a month of training and the training really determines if you can handle the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your history with baking and managing time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Sacramento, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to schedule an interview with the hiring manager about a week later. Went into my local franchise and was interviewed in the dining area at a table. The interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in foodservice?   Answer Question
    • Would you be able and willing to split your shift between multiple stores?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with baking, either in a work setting or otherwise?   Answer Question

Night Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

1st interview with Bakery Market manager was really easy. She pretty much just explained to me what the job would entail, so I knew at that point I pretty much had the job. I did have to do a 2nd interview with the store gm which was more difficult. He asked me the typical customer service questions.I it wasn't too stressful because as long as your answers aren't horrible they won't judge you too much on how you answer those questions because you'll be working in the back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Panera?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Johnstown, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Unfortunately I knew the BMM (Bakery Market Manager) who was in charge of the hiring process, So with the in going in. My interview only took fifteen minutes, and we went over the basic application, copied my birthcertificate and verified my SSN card. We also went over the baeer's training manual shirt and pant size and shoes, pretty much the basic requirements that are going to have to be met to perform as a solo bake