Panera Bread Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.1

Food Prep Associate At Panera Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was going into my junior year of high school and applied to Panera online for a summer job. I was nervous before the interview but I walked in, spent about 40 minutes inside, and it went really well.

I had applied online, and a week later I got a phone call asking to set up an interview. I went in for the interview the next day wearing khakis and a polo (just to look presentable). I was about 10 minutes early. I went inside to the counter and asked for the manager who called me the night before. The cashier offered me a free fountain drink (which I accepted) and I sat down at a table and waited for about 5 minutes before the manager came and sat down. We spent 15 minutes talking, then he said he'd like to do a second interview, so he got his boss and she sat down and interviewed me right after he did.

They were both very nice and very friendly. The manager told me she really liked me and looked at my online application and offered me $9 an hour (I said I wanted $9 to $10 an hour on the application). She gave me information about going to the headquarters for an orientation class (I live near HQ in St. Louis) and then told me to call her when I completed the training session. Overall, very positive experience.

A lot of questions were just asking to specify things that I said in my application and my resume (I brought my resume with me just to be safe)

Other than that, it was just the usual kind of questions you'd expect (why do you want this job, can you handle stress, when are you free)

Don't worry about the interview! Just show a friendly and enthusiastic personality and your genuine interest in the job

~J

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?

What's your favorite menu item?

Can you handle high stress situations?

What's your availability like?

How will your schedule change when the school year starts?

How many hours a week are you looking to work?

What extracurriculars do you do?

Would you be willing to get here at 5am on some weekends to open the store?

What do you like to do during your free time?

What does good customer service mean to you?

What kind of service do you expect when you eat at Panera?

How would you handle an angry customer?
      Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and easy. The interview was very short and to the point. I was sat in a room with three others and asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest problem you have faced in your life? How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

This was a three step process. I first had a short interview over the phone, and then was scheduled with a shift manager for my second interview. After that interview, I was scheduled to speak with the general manager the next week, but ended up talking with another shift manager. I was asked about personal views on how I do and think about work, what positions I'd be able to fill, and if I was willing to cross-train in other areas.

Interview Questions

• What skills did your [last job] teach you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very thorough and really friendly. She asked a lot of critical thinking questions and my thoughts on how a company could stand out. The interview was held in the corporate office and I was given a quick tour, which was nice. The tour included a quick tour of the onsite cafe where I was offered a refreshment. It was a really nice, relaxed environment. The interview was preceded the following week by an interview phone screening. That was a short conversation and was more about my background and more in depth questions about my resume.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I came in and put on the most fake smile ever and said the bare minimum whilst listening about the history of bread (which I was supposed to care about apparently) and proceed to be told the many steps I would need to take in order to work there before being told I got the job. Less than 15 minute process, anyone with a brain in their head could accomplish landing a job here.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was about 15 minutes. Questions about work history, availability and why i wanted to work for Panera. Told someone would call me in a couple days. Got a call back in two days for face to face interview at a store location.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Panera?
      Tell me about you favorite manager I ever work for and why.
      Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Process started with phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview asked basic questions comparing background to the position. The next stage was an in person interview with the management team and SR Help Desk Analysts at the St. Louis HQ. Typical panel interview, questions about handling difficult customers, personality questions. They were very nice and even took me around to the area where the team worked.

The entire interview process was really quick. Phone interview, in person interview next week, offer by the end of the week. Ultimately I had to turn down the position because the pay was way too low.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with Talent Acquisition Manager. There was a long conversation about resume and work experience. Set up one on one with Hiring Manager. Met the hiring manager at the facility along with other members of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Covered work history and experience. Toured the facility and meet with other managers.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was then asked to come in for an interview. I was hired immediately after the interview and then came back the following day to get paperwork done and begin training.

Specialist, Corporate Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Panera website, but was never initially contacted to interview. I followed up with the recruiter nearly three weeks after applying as I saw the job was still open and I had every single qualification.

I received a call the next day (Friday) but was unable to speak at the time. I was called again first thing on Monday morning, but I couldn't get away from my desk and I e-mailed the recruiter back asking if we could speak that afternoon. When speaking with her, she stated that they were really impressed with my qualifications, and that they were moments from making an offer to someone else, but were afraid I would be out of their hiring range. We discussed a range, and I thought it was low, but appropriate, so I agreed to move forward if they were interested.

I followed up with the recruiter the next day (Tuesday) and she let me know that they would like to interview the following day (Wednesday).

I met with the team, one person at a time. Unfortunately, several of them asked me only one or two small questions and instead talked more about themselves and where they came from before Panera. I wasn't able to discuss my qualifications or experience to showcase my talents.

I believe that I lost the offer based on a few things I had said in the interview that did not reflect well on myself, but the interview was more of a showcase of the department. Only one of the people asked me any real questions, and by then I wasn't ready for it.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, I wasn't exactly asked many questions and had to try to interject where I could.   Answer Question