Panera Bread Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Very quick. Went into the store and introduced myself to the assistant manager. I got a call back to schedule an interview a couple days later. The managers I spoke to in person and on the phone were very nice and accommodating to me being a seasonal worker for the summer. I applied Online because it is faster than applying in person then went to the store and introduced myself with a resume. I would recommend doing this.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Streamwood, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

They left me a message, I called back and set up an interview for the next day. Interview went okay but they asked me back for a second interview, which was set up for 2 days later. Interview went very well, the women was nice and said she would call me on that Friday. They never called, I assumed I wasn't offered the job. Very unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to help a friend make a decision.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to be a leader.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2016.

Interview

The process took 5 days. I couldn't make the first interview offered so they called me 2 weeks later with another day. Got a call the next day for second interview with gm at the location desired. The GM had me waiting even during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

very easy 10 minute interview with generic questions. the manager was very kind and made sure i knew all the challenges i'd face on the job before hiring me. ask questions about the company (one or two) to make it seem like you genuinely want the job. it also smells amazing in the store!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in December 2015.

Interview

I applied and got called back 2 days later. Had a sit down interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 30 minutes she was very easy to talk to. She left then the general manager came to talk and he just told me what to expect and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with is?   Answer Question
    • what will you do if you're behind the register and there no costumers.   1 Answer
    • When is one time at your old job you felt proud of what you did?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were the leader of a group and you led the group to success   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very simple. I told the cashier that I had an interview and she offered me a drink and went to get the manager. She was very nice and just went over my application with me. She wanted to have a second interview right then and there, but the other manager was busy. But she said that I seemed perfect and to expect a call within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Standale, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Standale, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with a younger girl (probably a shift lead), which was very simple and straightforward. At the end she scheduled me an interview with the store manager for the following week. The interview went very well and we mainly discussed my previous work experience, not much different from the first interview. It seemed to go very well but he thought my schedule was too busy to fill their needs.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous work experience could be applied to working here at Panera?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Panera?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call back exactly 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty was very simple. I had 2 interviews one with General Manager, and with Training Manager

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Kenosha, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke with two managers. Overall really easy, they were kind and polite and gave me time to think about my answers. Asked me more about my personality, such as what I do in my free time and what I enjoy, rather than other questions about the business. Got hired on the spot after about a 20 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process started out great. I came in for a small group interview (with about ten other people). We met the regional manager and the manager of the store that would be opening up and that we would be working for. They explained to us about Panera, the companies history and how they do business as well as some of the different things on the menu. We did a a few different ice breaker games and said why we wanted to work there and stuff like that. A day later I got called in for a second interview which also went really well. The manager interviewing me went over why I wanted to work there and what I expected to get out of it, why I thought I would be a good fit for the job etc. etc. Very easy straightforward questions. Everything seemed to be going good and the manager told me I would receive a call in a few days. Two days went by, and still no call. Finally about 4 days after my second interview I call up the manager who interviewed me. He informed me that he had called me twice a few days previously but it went straight to voicemail. I had no record on my phone of him ever calling me, or leaving a message. He must have called the wrong number, which is odd considering he had called my phone before. He informed me that the store would be opening the following day and there were no more available positions, he would let me know if anything opened up. I was really frustrated by the lack of organization in the hiring process. They obviously never called me when they said that they did and as a result I was screwed out of a job.