Panera Bread Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It took about threes days for the GM to get in contact with me, met with her, the market training manager, and the district manager, it was very very laid back, and she was the nicest woman I have ever met. It was relatively easy and lasted maybe about and hour or so.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of customer service to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Have to pass Background Criminal Check and Drug Test. Interview with General Manager, then District Manager. No phone interview. They will let you know pretty quickly if you got the job or not. You get to pick the shirts they order for you, free of charge.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work both morning and evening shifts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Walked into a Panera and asked if they were hiring. The associate got a manager and I had a chance to ask a few questions about the hiring process on the spot. He asked me some questions about my background and what I was looking for. Then he had the hiring manager get in touch with me to set up an interview. Had 2 interviews. Accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why Panera?   1 Answer
    • What do you do to make customers feel special?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation with a subordinate and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Do you have open availability - including early mornings, evenings and weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do your research on what that kind of position pays. Glassdoor and Indeed are excellent resources for that. I was able to make a counter offer for higher pay and they agreed.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Asked fairly basic experience and interests questions. Had previous management experience so they focused mainly on that. Met with an assistant manager and the general manager. The interview lasted less than 20 minutes and I was hired on the spot. Probably one of the easiest interviews I've had, although having a strong restaurant background made it that way.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an employee deliberately breaking a product specification?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very comfortable setting, offered a drink, meet by a very professional manager, easy going, easy to talk to, not to long not to short. Found out a great deal about the job, did not have to ask many questions, understanding and friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Doral, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Interview is done by general manager and regional manager might be involved as well. Do not think they are really trained to everything that involves interviewing and legal do's and don'ts.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Told I was cute and that I would look in the front. Quick and friendly interview with a manager. Not an intimidating interview at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had already been working almost 2 years as an associate trainer on both register/line, my manager was looking for me to move up so he arranged a meeting with our district manager. It was very informal, he just chatted with me and asked me questions about myself and my life, then gave me the chance to ask him questions pertaining to the position. By the end of it was I given the position. I understand this may not happen at all locations but Panera does promote from within often and from the district manager visiting our store, he got to know what kind of worker I was. My manager just put in a good word and it went from there. I hear now that shift supervisors may have to have a brief interview/introduction in front of all the gm's at their manager meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Brookfield, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very simple process. Fill out an application with the resume online and wait. It took me about two weeks to get an interview call. Once I got the call and set up interview date I had my interview with the assistant manager. He was very down to earth and composed a very good interview. A little intimidating at first but no worries. After getting through that interview I had my second interview with the general manager which didn't seem like much of an interview. It was very relaxed and seemed more like meeting for a cup of coffee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?   1 Answer
    • What are your core values?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Roseville, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview, split into groups to do fun activities and learn about Panera's culture, selected half of us to do solo interviews. Took 3 hours. Got hired on the spot.