Papa John's General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Papa John's (Denver, CO).

Interview

Team interviewed by 2 D.O. positions. They rushed me in from family vacation to do the interview and it took a big effort on my family's behalf to do so. They were twenty five minutes late due to an internal interview that went over. Casual conversation, that highlighted a seemingly exciting organization, but got off track from time to time and left me concerned about their seriousness. Informed me that they wanted me to spend two days in "busy stores" to get a feel for floor operations and asked for references. Indications were that they were interested in me. Surprisingly, the next day I received an email informing me that they have selected another candidate, but they didn't seem too engaged during the interview process. Sent me away with two free pizza coupons accompanying the request for references.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage part time employees?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Papa John's

Anonymous Employee in Granite Falls, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Papa John's (Granite Falls, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was hired by owner, so not much of an interview.
    Asked me to describe the General managers role.
    How to control cost and inventory, and labor.
    How would I handle customer concerns.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Wasn't one, I talked to one person and they didn't know what they were talking about. I should of applied or his job. You and the person comes up with a 5 year plan and then after you hired you are ignored, and looked over. They talked about how they are here for the employees, and you can earn papa rewards but then they don't tell you how you earn them, they even tell you that if an employee is in financial crisis you can ask for help, but nobody ever gets it

Interview Questions

• Do I know what portion control is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

They are hit and miss. Some last hours, some are essentialy predestined. It all depends on the location and the applicant and supervisor. New promotees tend to get much more time than cross-promotees.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you would like to change about the company?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview

rigorous internal development and training programs, I started as a customer service representative when I was in high school, and now I am a store manager with further advancement opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Papa John's (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Was 3 seperate interviews with different directors, OVP's, and a few TGM's, basically wanted to know my life goals, was pretty nerve wracking when ai was interviewed by 7 different people, figured some of them would have something better to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Papa John's (Denham Springs, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

Supervisor was not very informative and I had two interviews before they would even discuss salary. This was a waste of my valuable time.

Not enough money

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Papa John's (Antioch, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

Wined and dined during the interview process. There was a large amount of attention to get talent when it was found. Interview process was fairly standard consisting of a multiple interview process with 2-5 supervisors and district managers. The process was seamless, expected, and non-stressful. It really felt like like the decision was already made and they were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation that you had difficult with and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.