Papaya Clothing Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

1.6

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Not much to the interview. I applied online and was scheduled for an interview that week. The manager mainly talked about her expectations for employees and what tasks I'd be doing upon being hired. Was offered the job on the spot and was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in the work here at Papaya?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Papaya Clothing

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing in July 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy and quick. We sat in the back and she first asked me to talk about myself. She then asked other general questions like the ones listed below. After all the questions, she moved on and talked about their dress code and the different job positions they have. All of that took around 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very brief interview process with basic questions. The manager was very professional and courteous. It is advised to dress business casual with some of the clothes available at the store beforehand.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing.

Interview

I applied in the store. No applications in store available, only provided my name, age, number, & availability. Got a call that night to come in. There was never an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in store and got called a few hours later to set up an interview. I went in for the interview a few days later and i asked for the manager and waited for a fee minutes. She took me to the back and we got started on the interview. She was really nice and basically just went over the application i had filled out plus 1 or 2 extra questions. The majority of the time was spent with her explaining how they start people, what the duties are, dress code, getting raises, etc., although i wasn't hired yet. It wasnt until about 4 days later that i got called with the job offer.
    These are the questions i can remember that were asked:
    Why did you choose papaya
    Tell me about yourself
    What are your strengths
    Can i call your reference
    Is there any job you cant do
    Why did you leave your previous job

Negotiation

I'm not sure if you can negotiate but if you have previous experience you might want to discuss it.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

the lady told me to come in back room it was maybe the most 10-15 minutes she started later talking to me basically how this job is hard which I feel tats weird it's retail and I had this vibe a lot of girls don't stay very long which I can now see why

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at papaya ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Happy Valley, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing (Happy Valley, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was highly unprofessional in the beginning, I arrived 10 minutes early and asked if a manger was present so I could let them know I was ready whenever they were. The girl I asked simply said yes so I assumed she was the manager, so I told her I had an interview she looked shocked and I explained I was aware I was early I just wanted them to know I was there. She bluntly told me to leave and come back in 15 minutes. So I did and when I did she once again was very blunt and said "oh you're back" as if I wasn't supposed to come back. Then I discovered that she wasn't even a manager, had I been hired she would be my equal and talking to me like that. The rest of the interview was very uneventful but also very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing (Lakewood, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy it almost surprised me, the manager interviewed me right next to the register and only asked me why I wanted to work there. And basically just looked over my resume, she did most of the talking and at the end said I was hired and she would call me next week to give me my schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just go in there confident and not nervous!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing.

Interview

They has a hiring sign by the registers, I asked about it and they gave me an application. I got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was given to me by one of the supervisors. They called me the next day to say that i was hired and scheduled my first day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fashion? What do you know about this company? Who are our competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Papaya Clothing (Commerce, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Youre basically there to just answer questions. They tell you a little bit about the company. You also negotiate about your salary. Dont forget to dress appropriately. First impression is everything.