Pape-Dawson Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2018

1.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Conversational Interview, Sat in a conference room with the Vice President, Sr. Vice President, and a Project Manager. Very informational, questions geared to determine what type of person you are; and what section you would like to work in. Be ready for anything.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with Sam Dawson and we had a personal/casual interview. I would describe it as a very pleasant experience. The questions that were asked helped me fin out more about what the company values.

Interview Questions

• Things that evaluate what type of person you are, more interested in your character and integrity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

The Interview was in San Antonio at the Company Headquarters. Met with the HR recruiter I met at the Career Fair and then sat down and had a conversation with the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal life and goals   1 Answer

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and told about the position. I was interested so recruiter put me in contact with HR. Scheduled the interview. Met with CEO and some of the VPs. Had an offer that evening when I returned home.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted out of my career.   1 Answer

Environmental Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First, I met with my to-be supervisor over lunch to see if we were a good fit. She needed more help in the office, so she had to ask her supervisors to create the position. She emailed me and told me to contact HR. The following week I was interviewed at the company by the HR representative and senior vice president of the company. They sent me and offer letter a few days later and I started on the first day of the following month.

Interview Questions

• What my available work hours were with my school schedule.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Meet with several people, never as a group, in no particular order. Got a tour of the office and that was about it. Got a few questions.

My biggest problem with the interview is that the employees talked about Mr. Pape's religion and I felt that was completely unprofessional to discuss during a job interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

AutoCAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I have never had a friendlier or more disarming interview before or after! I was interviewed by the head of HR, who was friendly, engaging, non-judgmental, while at the same time highly professional. She found ways to ask the pertinent questions and explore my background while making me feel like I was highly valued -- even before offering me the job! The interview lead directly to a skill test that was very reasonable. Acceptance of the job offer brought a thorough new employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding this application as my career change from a totally unrelated field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a job offer the old-fashioned way; via letter in the mail. There was really no opening for negotiation.

Civil Engineer, EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met at university career fair. Contacted for phone interview. Immediately scheduled for in office interview at the end of the phone interview. Office visit included lunch with 2 current EITs who answered whatever question you had in confidence. Then an office tour. Then an interview with the CEO. He sits right next to you and just has a conservation. Quite enjoyable. Given compensation for your travels.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Start from day one. Start from the day you were born.   Answer Question

Water Resources (EIT)-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview for 30 minutes and then waited to see if I got an in person interview. I did not get an in person interview. The interviewer was very nice. The phone interview felt like a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pape-Dawson Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Met with a recruiter through an employee referral, then interviewed with the CEO Sam Dawson. He's a very down to earth guy and really tries to get a sense of who you are as a person as well as an engineer.