Paper Source Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paper Source Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Paper Source

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

1. My interview date changed 3 times before it was finally confirmed. I've met colleagues who were called and told to be at a given location for an interview with only one hour's notice. There are only a handful of people in Chicago responsible for scheduling interviews for stores nationwide - they are often stretched too thin to be efficient/competent.
2. Interviews are not particularly high-pressure. Mostly, they are looking for someone who speaks extensively about the importance of meeting sales goals and customer engagement.
3. Don't worry if you don't have a creative background; it's retail sales experience that matters most.

Interview Questions

• Bring a creative sample to your interview to share and discuss!   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is almost no room for salary negotiation. If you are dismayed by the hourly rate you are offered, know that that may be the end of the road for you - I have never witnessed anyone successfully negotiate for more money, regardless of the skills or enthusiasm they bring to the table. PS sticks to their hiring budget, and have lost many talented candidates in the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Paper Source

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

it took three interviews to get the job. but it makes sense.there's a lot to learn and they're going to have to invest their time in teaching you.so I want to make sure that you have a passion for the product and you are willing to invest yourself.

Interview Questions

• Paper Source wants to know about who you are and why you'd want to work for them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation face is very upfront. and it worked out well.

Nov 3, 2014 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for the feedback. We take great pride in who we place in our stores and take our interviewing and hiring very seriously. Welcome to Paper Source!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Store Manager position. I have years of retail experience, including shift leader and key holder at a small independent stationery boutique. They suggested instead that I apply for a Part Time Sales Associate position. I did and the interview with two managers was casual and pleasant. They could only offer me $8/hr, so I did not take the position.

Interview Questions

• I'm unable to remember any difficult questions, just general customer service and experience questions.   1 Answer

Hourly rate was below my requirement.

Sep 16, 2014 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Paper Source prides itself on ensuring a right fit for success at both the candidate, company and customer level. Our stores are complex with a strong balance of leadership, crafting and customer... More

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

Interviewed with several people including a Corporate Recruiter, Store Manager, and Regional Manager. My interviews moved swiftly, and all managers seemed to be in good communication with each other. I was offered a position 4 days after applying. I found the entire process to be pleasant and more conversational rather than question and answer. I felt comfortable speaking with each interviewer, and was impressed by the high regard each had for her company.

Interview Questions

• What level of interest do you have in crafting? Can you provide examples?   Answer Question

Oct 19, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for the time to send us your feedback and we hope you are enjoying your new role.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2017.

Interview

The process as a whole was smoothe. Each individual I interviewed with was kind, willing to answer any and every question, informative, and extremely passionate about their jobs and the company itself. Because it was obvious that everyone loved their job, the interview process was enjoyable and gave insight to the kind of culture and environment Paper Source creates for both of their employees and clients.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

Feb 2, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and welcome! We are thrilled you have joined the Paper Source team.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

You talk to the regional manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They brought me in at the lowest salary possible before I re-negiotiated pay.