Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jan 18, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Got the application at a job fair. You can go in for an initial interview from 2-5. I went in around 2:30 waited a little for the manager (maybe 5 minutes). We had a short interview where I was asked about my previous work and about communication. Why Pappadeaux etc. After I was told I'd get a call for a second interview if selected. Got the call later that day and interviewed the next morning with the General Manager. Questions about scheduling, why did I want to be a server, what kind of management style I liked. Then it was conversational. I was offered the job that day.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I showed up with application that I had already filled out there were several people waiting to be interviewed as well. The wait was really long and interview was really short.
    Interview with GM. He was really nice said he would call me by end of the week. He never called. I called the restaurant to see if I could speak to him and he was never available. Other than not getting the job it was a pretty fair interview and manager seemed to like me but never called me.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Cypress, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a brief interview with the General Manager Mike. He was very friendly, and he explained the job expectations throughly, and the invited me back for an initial orientation.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Two part process come in wait about a hour to be seen by kitchen manager or floor manager. Then the second day or part two is with general manager.
    Sometimes hire you in the spot

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict
      Your mode transportation
      Are you in school
      Are you scream player
      Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with assistant manager and general manager. Didn't need experience. Very easy. Different locations were much harder though to be accepted at. I got both interviews done in one day. Very quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

it was really relaxed. interview was only 30mins long, they asked you about your recent experience and give you couple of role play question. after that there is a background check and then you meet the GM, he/she pretty much asks you the same question, just be confident and relaxed.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I went one on one with the main manager of the restaurant. This was my very first summer job, so they knew I had never worked before. I told them that if I start as Busser and stick to it, I would want to move to a server (but that never happened). They asked for a lot of paper work to be signed. They also asked if I spoke any other language besides English. Then the next day, for part 2 of the interview, one of the kitchen managers showed me around the restaurant to see what it is like 'behind the scenes' of a restaurant and how I be performing my tasks for when I begin to work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had Customer Service experience?   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Very constructive and interactive the manager is very meticulous. He is strong in leadership and also he has many speaking talents. He is very helpful in giving an understanding and slo pushes you to do the most you can and be the best at it.

Interview Questions

• How fast are you, do you pay attention to detail, and are you in school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Come dressed for an interview and be up-beat. All interviews are done face-to-face on select days and at particular times, so it's a good idea to call ahead of time.

An initial interview will be conducted to determine your experience and skill level. General conversation and small talk will take place and if you can show that you are knowledgeable and likeable then you will be asked to return for a second interview with a more senior manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel sets you apart from other candidates? (All questions were pretty typical)   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. A lot of the restaurants have open interviews Tuesday - Thursday @ 3pm-5pm. I went in On Tuesday, filled my application in. Then handed it back to the hostess. The manager then proceeded to call names to be interviewed. Once I was called he read over my application. Asked me a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you find yourself in your career in the next 5 years?   Answer Question