Pappasito's Cantina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappasito's Cantina

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Interview

He asked about behavioral and situational example. He wanted to know about how you would react in stressful situations and in busy times where there would be understaffing and rude customers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a co-worker doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

very straight forward. could be done in a week if nothing else is on the plate. the learning process is staggered enough to where even a simpleton never having carried a tray in their life could feel comfortable waiting a table of 10 in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• what kind of worker are you   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation when you first start, you're bottom of the barrel. when you've been there a while, you could have some leeway, but not until then.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Houston, TX).

Interview

Took 2 days. Applied on Tuesday (they do interviews from 2-5 PM on this day) and got an on the spot interview. Interview was simple, they asked about your experience mainly. If you dont have job experience they'll ask about clubs you were in in High School like JROTC. Some other questions were "Tell me about yourself" or "name a time you had to be a leader". I was told right after that that I was wanted at the next interview on Thursday with the general manager. His interview was maybe like 2-3 questions, a lot easier than the first one and after the 2-3 questions he discussed the time I'd be working and all of that, and then tokd me I got the job. The only questions I can remember were "Why did you choose Pappasitos". I started orientation that same day and start my first day of work on Saturday. Got the job all in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Pappasitos?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Interview

Very quick and straight forward. The manager gave me the interview and they asked me a few questions about the past experience I had. I was able to talk with another manager they asked me a few questions. They offered me the job after getting to talk with the other manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in person with kitchen manager and was told I would receive a call a few days later to schedule a second interview with the GM. Received the call a few minutes after my interview and scheduled the second interview with the GM the next day. Interview was quick and straight forward and got hired on the spot.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Marietta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the floor manager. She asked questions about my experience and how I would benefit the company. If you pass you get the interview with the general manager and he makes the decision.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was quick and simple. You fill out an application in person. The days they interview are Wednesdays and Thursdays. If this is your first serving job, don't worry because they love to train people their way.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work holidays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick same day, informal. I filled out the application, and most of the questions pertained to my experience. They asked me what I can bring to the table. They were very nice and informal. Then we discussed scheduling and training. Training was really fast and helpful. The interview was very fast and the hiring process was even faster.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very short and simple. I submitted my application in person, and within a week was called back for a short interview with a Manager. After the interview, the Manager asked me about my schedule and I filled out employment forms then and there.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was being loud and aggressive, what would you do?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

Interview

I applied in person as requested. Questions were very basic and what is to be expected like "Tell me about yourself", tell me a time when you have had to use multitasking skills in a difficult situation. They basically just want to see if you can talk to people and hold your own (also they don't want you to have a pea brain)

Interview Questions

• Easy interview, nothing unexpected for service industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, it was my first job at age 16 and was hired on the spot.