ParaMed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ParaMed Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ParaMed in April 2017.

Interview

the lady interviewing me was really helpful and nice & she's very fast with getting t back to you which is a plus i loved how happy and easy going she was she made the experience great and comfortable it was good

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you fit this role?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ParaMed in March 2017.

Interview

I got called for an interview after a month of applying. Two weeks later called and offered me the position. Most, if not, all questions were situational based questions. I was interviewed by the recruiter and a nursing supervisor. They were very nice. I was nervous at first but they made me feel comfortable and were very easy going.

Interview Questions

• They looked at my resume and picked my recent clinical experience and asked what i did there   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had an ethical dilemma   1 Answer
    • explain a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor   1 Answer
    • was there a time you had to change a procedure (something like that)   1 Answer
    • explain a time you knew you did a good   1 Answer
    • expalin a time you made an error and what did u do   1 Answer
    • expalin a time you had to change a decision at the last moment   1 Answer

Visiting Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ParaMed (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a visiting nurse position and was contacted For an interview via email. I had a student placement with ParaMed at the location I was applying for. I had an interview with the Hiring Supervisor and another staff member in the ParaMed office for the location I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is something you did during your time with ParaMed that you are very proud of?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you encountered an ethical dilemma.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever encountered an upset patient/ family members and how did you handle that?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever encountered a time when the patient did not agree with the care plan? How did you handle that?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you disagreed with a supervisor/employer and how you handled that.   1 Answer

PSw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ParaMed (Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (Canada)).

Interview

All the paperwork necessary, certificates etc are reviewed. There's a few questions asked, a couple of scenarios that need to be answered. You have time to ask questions as well.
    I believe there was some brief questions on the phone prior to the interview as well, the interview itself was in an office setting.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you solved a problem or eased a situation with a client?   Answer Question

RPN Visiting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ParaMed.

Interview

Was very relaxed. one on one. Pretty average. Was squeezed into a lunch room so the atmosphere wasn't very positive. People were also trying to come in and out.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time that you received criticism.   Answer Question

PSw Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ParaMed.

Interview

Brief interview over the phone about expectations, and education. Then offered to come in for an interview. I was asked to bring proof of course completion, cpr, etc. Interview was mostly about availability, my expectations, and some scenario questions.

PSw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renfrew, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ParaMed (Renfrew, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

they are always desperate and generally hire on the spot if you have common sense and a head on your shoulders, they were very down to earth and willing to work out a schedule with you right then and there.

Interview Questions

• "whats your availability"
      "do you get attathced to clients"   1 Answer

PSw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ParaMed (Midland, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

well meet Heather Agnew at Tim Hortons on HWY 12 midland and introduced herself and talked about the company and I had filled out the papers I needed to fill out and give Para-Med the papers I need to give .answered the questions. go and get 2 step TB test. and a police check that day 1, day 2 and 3 and 4 where at the Barrie office, day 2 &3 where training about the polices and procedures, and day 4 was blackberry training and picking the phone up with Angela Holmes.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability,
      and need to work 1weekend in a two week period   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ParaMed (Wawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was completed over the telephone and consisted of a few questions. This position was for a full time registered nurse to work 30+ hours per week. The job would also entail driving to other rural communities such as White River, Hawk Junction, Michipicoten, Duberville and Wawa as well as small areas in between. The manager was very pleasant over the telephone as well. She seemed to really enjoy communicating with me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own vehicle?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ParaMed (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring in 2007 was done in person.
    (Resume - Called In - Interview - Orientation)

- A resume was to be dropped off at the office (however, now you can email resumes to the HR appointed person)
    - I was called in for an interview for the coordinator position.
    - Almost immediately, I was offered the position and introduced to the friendly office staff and started orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the urgency of situation A, B, or C? How would you approach resolving the situation should they be presented simultaneously?   Answer Question