Paradise Bakery & Café Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

1.9

Barista/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It wasn't even an interview- they pretty much just asked me how soon I could come in and how many hours I was willing to take on. I was immediately hired and was never asked whether or not I actually wanted the job. They literally gave me a uniform shirt halfway through the "interview" and jumped right into discussing direct deposit slips and what to expect. She also mentioned that they were severely understaffed and had eight open positions I could choose from which made me kind of hesitant to take the job at all.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me interview questions. It was less of an interview and more of getting me started as soon as possible.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café.

Interview

very thorough and concise. The overall process took about a total of twenty one minutes and ended quick after that. I received my job placement the following week . The interviewer was pretty unclear as to who he was or what his role in the whole process was. I was not sure if they were a manager or a supervisor, but they seemed to be in charge at the moment.

Barista/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Peoria, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic questions. Lots of questions like "name a time when you had to work through a difficult situation". Hired me on the spot. Very nice manager. She never offered the job, she just told me to come in for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation...didn't even offer the job. Just assumed I would take it. Didn't talk about salary.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application about 2 weeks before they called me and schedule an interview. I was interview by two people one after another in the dinning room. They also interview someone at the same time. Interview was pretty simple. It was strange but I applied to a different location online then the one that called me. I was dressed more formal but the other person being interview was in jeans. The dress code is jeans and a black tee with belt and non slip shoes.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Queen Creek, AZ).

Interview

I applied and two months later they called me. I was shocked to be honest. I went in for the interview and the manager was extremely nice and caring. It was really fun talking to her. After the interview, she hired me on the spot.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a couple months later. Interview was casual and pretty short, most of the questions asked were about availability. Some customer service scenario questions. Was told that I would get a call for a 2nd interview, but ended up getting hired a week later w/o the 2nd interview. Went in a few days later to fill out paper work.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I got a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I met the manager and he was very straightforward that he was looking for people, and was willing to give me a chance. He then informed me I would start out as a salad maker, and that I would need to wear black pants and non-slip shoes. He also told me the company would provide a chef outfit and cap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was fine with minimum wage since it is my first job.

Barista Interview

Interview

GM called me and asked if I could come in on a ____ day to have an interview. Gave me a time and that was it. Sat in the dining area for her to come out and ask me questions. Uncomfortable interview area.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Queen Creek, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a first interview with the assistant manager. Had a second interview with the general manager a few days later and was immediately offered the job. Had a cookie orientation a week later and started my three day training directly after that.

Interview Questions

• How are you at handling high stress situations where you're required to multi task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Very basic and easy interview process. Simple questions asking about work ethic and what can you bring to the company. I received a call that same day saying I was offered a job. Came the next day to fill out all the paperwork and started a week after.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on being with the company.   1 Answer