Paradise Bakery & Café Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Paradise Bakery & Café

1.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a couple months later. Interview was casual and pretty short, most of the questions asked were about availability. Some customer service scenario questions. Was told that I would get a call for a 2nd interview, but ended up getting hired a week later w/o the 2nd interview. Went in a few days later to fill out paper work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Goodyear, AZ).

Interview

Took ten minutes and we kept getting interrupted. They said they were going to call me for a second interview but they never called. I called twice to know the status but no one ever called me back.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Carmel, IN).

Interview

The interview was very informal, and the store manager was very rude and degrading about his employees during our discussion. That store manager no longer works there, as I am told.

Interview Questions

• Questions were short and simple, and mostly related to whether I was available whenever they wanted and would accept the low wage. The manager also told me outright that employees are not allowed to receive raises. Ever.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, which is normal for the service industry. It's basically "do what we want, or we won't hire you."

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Chandler, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

Very standard, applied and got called in a hour later. The interview was very casual the GM at the time interviewed me. Discussed what my job would be, and asked about my past education

Baker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café.

Interview

very thorough and concise. The overall process took about a total of twenty one minutes and ended quick after that. I received my job placement the following week . The interviewer was pretty unclear as to who he was or what his role in the whole process was. I was not sure if they were a manager or a supervisor, but they seemed to be in charge at the moment.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

short, went over experience and salary history, likes and dislikes. skills and their application. what is was like to work for me. where would I like to be in five years.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a few general managers followed by a district manager interview. Interviewed with each gm at their cafe. then an intro day which was a work the shift type thing. Very present experience.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Hour long phone interview with a subsequent formal application process and personality test.

Interview Questions

• Who are you most proud of developing in your past? Where are they now and what approach did you take with them.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Queen Creek, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a first interview with the assistant manager. Had a second interview with the general manager a few days later and was immediately offered the job. Had a cookie orientation a week later and started my three day training directly after that.

Interview Questions

• How are you at handling high stress situations where you're required to multi task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Queen Creek, AZ).

Interview

I applied and two months later they called me. I was shocked to be honest. I went in for the interview and the manager was extremely nice and caring. It was really fun talking to her. After the interview, she hired me on the spot.