Paramount Pictures Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.5

International Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was connected by the Paramount campus recruiter. She sent my resume to the international publicity department. I worked with the recruiter to establish a day and time for the interview. I was then given a date. I was interviewed by three people in a conference room but it was very relaxed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was referred to one of the assistants who passed my resume along to HR. The questions were relatively straightforward - trying to figure out if I was a good fit for the team. Interviewed again with the assistants hiring.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Director Music Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruitment team was extremely thorough and professional. The interview lasted an hour and they were very blunt with their questions and opinions but respectful too. Then I met with the head of Music - who more casual in his tone and fun. It seemed as though he was trying to get more of a personality match rather than a skills match.

Interview Questions

• The recruiters asked me out of the box questions like what I was like in high school. I've never been asked that before but they wanted to see if I was well rounded, a leader, etc.   1 Answer

Lead Actor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Audition - It was a 3 ½ hours audition. I entered the parking garage and found that there were lots of spaces. I had imagined seeing a long line that’s two or three blocks long. But to my pleasant surprise, there was NO ONE waiting at the entrance. I had to question the staff if I was already too late. The staff told me that it is probably because it’s the second of the two day audition, and it’s already 2 PM in the afternoon. It actually only took 15 minutes that day and I got the job.

Negotiation

Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online and forgot about it, as I didn't hear back till about a month later. The interviewee was intimidating, but nice. HR interviews you over the phone first and then takes you to the hiring manager. Ask HR as much as possible before you go to the hiring manager. HR is your "friend"..in that moment

Interview Questions

• Why publicity? What is your favorite movie? Who are your favorite actors and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I have met manager and director. The process is not very hard. introduce yourself, go through your resume, and more detail about your projects in class. Because I have no relevant working experience and this was my first interview....a little nervous , and failed. they are very nice and talk more about the daily duty. they require ERP skills, etc

Interview Questions

• why entertainment? go through your resume... What did you do in class...   Answer Question

Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university career site. An assistant to a more senior manager gave me a call and it was just a screening interview. Then she gave me the job. I'm pretty sure she was just looking to see if I was competent or not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I was referred by an employee, which may have expedited the normal process. I went through a two step process. First someone from HR reached out and if they determined you were a fit, they would move you onto your departmental interviews.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about yourself. They mainly want to see you're competent and whether or not you'll fit in   Answer Question

Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, and then was called in for an in-person interview. It was very short and sweet. Then, after following up a few times, I did another phone interview, and got the job an hour later. The hiring process was pretty long.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I interviewed with HR on the phone first. Afterwards i came on lot on two separate occasions to interview with HR and the individual members of the department in which I was looking to get hired. Most of the questions were philosophical or personality/getting to know you kinds of questions, rather than tests of my abilities.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a new movie that is meant for a specific audience?   Answer Question