Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pariveda Solutions

3.2

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Washington, DC).

Interview

They did a wonderful job of setting expectations (explaining their transparent pay, the number of rounds of interviews, etc.) and then continuing to quickly follow-up after each step. The process is intentionally slow, and they made that very clear up front. After the last interview, I heard back within 24 hours, which was greatly appreciated. Overall, they communicated well and followed through on the expectations they set.

Interview Questions

• Something that went wrong in a project, how I resolved it, and what I learned.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in June 2019.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 portions. The HR onboarding process where you describe your resume, the technical interview where you work through a problem with a senior developer and a behavioral portion where you have a conversation that focuses on your soft skills. I had some issues with the way the behavioral portion was handled. There were too many questions asking you to explain very political things such as "why you don't enjoy your current workplace" which is a really tricky thing to navigate when you don't know the person on the other end of the phone or what their sensibilities are. I found it particularly difficult because I am trying to leave my job due to harassment and I didn't know how to share that with my interviewer without raising red flags and portraying myself as a liability. Ultimately I was rejected because the excuses I made up for leaving my job were not well articulated enough. So if you have a taboo reason for looking for new work, have responses prepared so you don't get caught off-guard. Overall I enjoyed the interview process, but I feel that there's far too much subjectivity involved and in that sense it doesn't feel that all applicants stand a fair shot at a given position.

Interview Questions

• How you would use your current tech stack to implement a feature on a website.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The job posting clearly matched my experience and skills. Went into a couple of rounds, and was given a bogus reason for not continuing my candidacy. Company is clearly just building their pipeline - don't waste your time in person until you clarify on the phone exactly what they are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Houston, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very different than normal. Unlike most companies, this interview was case-based and required problem-solving. I believe the firm just wants to see how well you think on your feet and if you're solutions-oriented when situations arise.

I enjoyed working with the recruiters from Pariveda. They were very knowledgable and supportive. I like that they were accessible via email and text. Also, they followed up throughout the process to ensure I was prepared for my interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

Long. Unorganized not hard.
    Not sure what they do with the persality quiz. Said they couldn’t share test results. Very quick process.

Software Engineer Consulting Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

Initial phone interview was great. The campus recruiter was really nice and was well informed about the company. The phone interview was a great conversation about getting to know about Pariveda. Was very welcoming.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

The process had quite a few stages - more than most. It was:
    1. HR (the usual personality fit interview)
    2. Phone tech interview (not too crazy, mainly focused on implementation for past work/projects)
    3. Lunch with a higher up - another personality fit type interview.
    4. On site case study + another tech interview that is a little deeper

Overall it was not too bad and reasonably enjoyable. Very friendly people all along the way.

Client Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter in San Francisco. She mentioned a role and a certain "range" for the salary without clarifying further. I had 3 video calls and 2 in person meetings over the course of 5 exhausting months. Only after the first 3 interviews, the recruiter clarified the salary range was actually extremely wide, and I realized I could have landed on very different compensation than I expected. I regret not stopping the process afterwards because it became even more confusing and a total waste of my time. Before the last in person meeting, the VP responsible for the SF office called me to let me know they were "trying their best" to close the process soon and to thank me for my patience. After my last interview, the recruiter called me (she was very anxious to be done with the call, I could feel it) saying that "unfortunately" I wasn't a fit. Not a real explanation, not even an offer to put me on the phone with the same VP who a week earlier had called me to "thank me for my patience" to provide some feedback. I said to her that getting over this 5 month process in a 3 minute call was not appropriate and she had never shared anything other than some (vague) positive feedback throughout those 5 months. She rambled something about how she tends to always share more positive feedback, and when I said "thanks for the call" she did not even say goodbye, but barfed a sarcastic "yeah...". Completely unprofessional.
    The same day she reached out to a former colleague of mine for a role (maybe the same). I made sure he knew what a horrible experience I had and he told her he had heard some negative feedback about the interview process.

Don't waste your time with them. There's a reason why they don't grow (and it's not because they care about people).

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

They came to our campus and gave us 3 rounds of interviews. The first was behavioral, the second was a basic programming assessment, and the third was a presentation that the interviewee had to give.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to address a conflict between you and a team member.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Relaxing with bursts of intensity. A series of interviews before a full day interview where an offer may or may not be made.

Interviews are relaxing and made to see if you have the skills and are a fit for the company. Final interview tests your planning, problem solving and presentation skills.