Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met them at a university career fair, had a genuine conversation with the recruiter. They reached out a few weeks later for on campus interview. I was invited to a dinner before the interview where I met a lot of the company VPs. Interviewed the next day on campus, interview was all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If someone in your team has a disagreement how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they sent me an offer letter for the internship and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

While it is one of the lengthier interview processes I've experienced, it was absolutely worth it. I felt well-informed the entire time and feedback was given to me within 48 hours after each interview. Everyone I interviewed with was very down to Earth and welcoming. I felt genuinely cared about and valuable. A great experience from beginning to end!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your required responsibilities to help someone on your team.   Answer Question
    • Explain a conflict you had with a colleague and describe how you handled that situation.   Answer Question
    • How do you learn something new?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy but comprehensive. Over 3 weeks I had 3 phone/video calls and 2 in person. The initial stages were approximately 1-1.5 hours each and the final was an all day in office interview.

Each step was distinct, deliberate and gave me the opportunity to learn as much about the company as they were learning about me. I was adequately prepared prior to each step and felt supported and informed throughout.

Culture was equally as important as "on paper" qualifications and I felt that I got a chance to showcase who am as a whole person, not just my professional persona.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you've overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process was bizarre, messy, and extremely vague. The entirety was 4 months with a long pause for an internal to decide interest. Weeks would go by and I would mentally write them off but be lured back in through depiction of a culture that was supposedly A+ with smart, like-minded, creative types. Ended up flying out to meet after 5 separate Skypes & calls. Manager promised me a prep call before boarding to meet but had every excuse to not get on the phone with me after I continually followed up. Had me present on a simple case study to several managers but didn't pass because not their overly analytical style. Before boarding home asked if I would accept. Messy.

Interview Questions

• Endless behavioral questions. Once you think you were thoroughly vetted, think again.   1 Answer

Consulting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2011.

Interview

I was given a behavioral interview by the office-managing vice president from the nearby Pariveda office as part of a career fair at my university. I was interviewing for an internship position, and the experience as a whole was very laid back. Despite my initial efforts to talk strictly about my credentials, we were soon engaged in a cordial conversation, and we got to know each other quite well. He called me the following day with an offer!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The Pariveda style interview is different from any other interview I have ever had. They give you a test case to think through and solve before presenting your solution to a panel. The case is very interesting, realistic and thought provoking.

The panel asks relevant and perceptive questions about your point of view, solution and thought process. They want you to walk them through your thought process while “telling the story” of what is being solved. Love it! So while the interview is quite tough, I found it to be educational and challenging in the best kind of way. It really opens you up to be introspective, creative and inventive; qualities I personally appreciate.

The interview process is a valuable learning experience in itself, and offer or not, I would recommend it to anyone looking to grow both personally and professionally.

My interview went really well and I got an offer within couple days.

Interview Questions

• Relevant and perceptive questions about my point of view.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The process lasted a week, and was sped along by my recruiter since I was pirsuing other opportunities as well. It consisted of a meeting with the recruiter on day 1, a technical scree and a manager interview 2 days later, and a series of 3 interviews in Dallas 3 days after that.

The first meeting with the recruiter was to tell me about the company and make sure my personality type was a fit.

The second day of interviews consisted of 2 interviews in 3 hours. The first was spent describing the technical work I had done for a pair of managers, who seemed to be asking questions to mak sure I didn't overstate my experience on my resume. The second was with the head of our office, and was more about my ability to lead a team.

For the third round, I first had a conversation with the COO of the company on what the goals were long term and what the rest of the day would entail. I then had a 2 hour analytical case, solving one problem and then presenting the solution to a panel of executives, who really tore into my solution and made sure that I knew what I was talking about and was confident in my work. This was followed by a shorter case that involved leading a team during a crisis situation at a client. Finally there was a technical screen one on one with a principal that was similar to the one in Chicago.

I walked out thinking I had failed, but got the offer as soon as I landed in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure that's the best way to solve that piece of the problem? This was asked many times while I presented my analytical case.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation here. Pariveda has a structure where everyone at a level gets the same pay.

Associate (A2) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

I was brought in for a full day interview that consisted of multiple small business cases, and one large business case with presentation in front of a board. I also had several personality review conversations with executives from the company to make sure I was the right fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• I had to solve a complicated business case in a short amount of time   Answer Question

Associate (A2) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Pariveda for 20 minutes which went well and so then moved into a Skype interview immediately after.

The Skype interview was an hour or so of discussion back and forth - getting to know you and telling you about the company.

The questions asked were mostly personality questions ("describe a bad day at work", etc). There was surprisingly little asked about my technical abilities. They seem to want sales executives more than talented software engineers. When I brought this up I was told that they care more about my personality and ambition than they do about my software engineering skills. As my first experience with a consulting firm this was shocking as it seems that the focus is not on the best quality of work for the customer but for maintaining and developing business opportunities.

The work environment is basically working at customer sites for the duration of the contract - you only go to the main office for meetings and such.

The office culture is very egalitarian. Your salary is fixed and determined by your title. Everyone with the same title makes the same amount. The salary for an Associate A2 in Denver was 94k and a Manager 1 was 112k. The idea is everyone knows what everyone else makes and you don't compete with your peers. Bonuses are also fixed as a percentage of your salary and determined by title as well (I believe it was close to 9% for Associate A2). Raises are based on inflation and billable rates and are pre-determined. Their career development is interesting as you have to meet certain goals (most of them subjective), in order to move up to the next level (which you are eligible only after 12 months).

This type of environment is not appealing to me. There is no incentive to work harder than the others at your level - this policy only benefits low performers who are getting paid at the same rate as high performers. This is surprising for a sales based company - if I bring in more revenue for the company, I should be paid more than someone who brings in half as much.

They require mandatory "community service" and other networking events outside of your 40 billable hours. All this does is reduce your effective salary based on a 40 hour work week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad day in the office and how you handled it?   Answer Question

After our discussion, they wanted me to come in and visit with some of their managers. However, they told me up front that they couldn't match my current salary due to their equal pay policies. The best I could hope for was to get promoted after 12 months and then get a comparable salary - no promises, of course. Also, I live in another part of Colorado where the cost of living is much cheaper than Denver.

So, it came down to taking a 20% pay cut, moving to a more expensive city, working longer hours (you bill 40 but work more if distractions arise), and being forced to perform community service on my off days. I was almost offended that they would actually think I'd even consider a deal like that. They tried to argue that they had great benefits so that justified taking a lower salary - they do have nice benefits, but my current employer offers equivalent or better benefits in every category (including ESOP).

They want ambitious, talented people, but they're not willing to pay up for them based on current market rates. They claim to want business executive types - well, any business executive that decides to do more work at a lower rate won't be a very successful business executive - you don't need an MBA to figure that out.

However, if they changed their pay system to an objective performance based system and paid bonuses/commissions directly related to performance, then this would be a place I'd consider working.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen with the recruiter that goes through your resume and asks a few behavioral questions, Then a technical interview with a VP over the phone, then a behavioral interview with a different VP after that a case interview (which I didn't reach).

Overall the process is long but organized

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions and questions about previous projects   Answer Question