Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

3.3

Consultant (C2) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process for Pariveda is a very lengthy and detailed process with multiple steps. Its starts out with a recruiter contacting me over the phone for a quick screening. The next interview I had was a video call with the recruiter and we went over questions about slides and videos provided after the first phone call. This gave me the chance to ask more detailed questions about the company. The next was a technical phone interview with a senior employee. This was more about my experience and less about theory or problem solving. The next interview was a face-to-face behavioral interview. The conversation was more about how I dealt with problems with team members, clients, and conflict. The last interview was a half-day on-site where you are given a pretty lengthy problem to figure your way through then present your results. After that, there is a free lunch with a member of the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about calculating how much it would cost to change all the stop signs in Chicago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly lengthy, over 3 months from intial contact. The people were very friendly. The final stage consists of a technical case which you must present in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• Typical S.T.A.R. questions for the behavioral portion. Describe a time when...   Answer Question

Associate (A1) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview process took around a month and consisted of two phone interviews, two in person behavioral interviews, and then a full day interview.

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter, this was mostly just so they could understand my background and why I was interested in Pariveda. After this I was asked to stop by their office downtown for an hour on a Friday to meet the recruiter face to face. This was mostly a social chat where he informed me more about their company and culture.

Next I had a one hour technical conversation with an Associate in the company, mostly the conversation was related to my experience and what technologies I've used. After this conversation, my interviewer confirmed what I had on my resume was legit and said they would bring me to the next stage in the process.

Next up I had a in person behavioral interview with a VP in the company, this was a fairly casual conversation where I was asked some generic work behavioral type questions. The last half of the interview was allocated to allow me to ask the VP questions about the company. I learned a lot about the company in this session and told my interviewer I was very interested in moving forward.

The last part of my process was a full-day interview, I showed up to their office around 7:45AM and was there until around 3PM that day. My interview consisted of a few case studies, technical conversations, and a casual lunch with an employee in the same role I was applying for.

The case studies are fairly difficult in nature, and there really isn't a way to study or prepare for them in advance. I believe they are more concerned with your problem solving abilities and how you handle yourself in stressful situations rather than actually coming up with the perfect or right answer. Just be sure that whatever solution you do come up with you're prepared to justify any decisions you made and field difficult questions.

One thing I thought was unique about their process was that during my interview, they didn't hesitate to tell me things they thought I could be doing better. This caught me off guard at first but I quickly realized they were just trying to help coach me for these types of situations. If you can't take constructive criticism well Pariveda probably won't be a good fit for you.

Overall, I would say their interview process (mostly just the full-day) is much more difficult than typical interviews in IT. They are looking for a specific type of individual and most programmers won't fit their mold. Coming from one of the largest software companies in the world I was very surprised to find out Pariveda didn't ask any specific technical questions, rather they are just concerned with general problem solving abilities, It was a good interview experience and I'm excited to see what my career with Pariveda has in store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you tried really hard at something but failed?   Answer Question

Vice President Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in February 2017.

Interview

A bit of a convoluted and elongated interview process.

I could never quite figure out what the end game was here, but had months worth of interviews with about 8-10 different people, a behavioral interview, a technical interview, a psychological exam and on and on. I actually thought it would never end and was very discouraged by the fact that the process took forever and simply lost interest in the opportunity. I had thought for a smaller company they would have a more streamlined process vs Accenture or some of the larger firms but not the case.

Further, I found out a bit late in the game that Pariveda is more of a custom apps development shop vs what they bill themselves as which is a boutique consulting firm.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly difficult in the interview process. The usual questions about why you're leaving your existing firm or what's your management style.   Answer Question

Consultant (C1) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

There is a phone interview with the recruiter, then a semi-technical interview with one of the workers there, then there is a behavioural interview, after which you are brought on-site for a mix of technical and case studies interview. Overall, this company thinks it's a large prestigious company making you go through 4 rounds of interviews. One of which takes up the whole day. The interview with one of the management team made me felt like they care more about their reputation than their actual employees.

Interview Questions

• For technical: Have you ever used sessions for API development?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position, received an email from the local recruiter to set up a phone interview. Set up a time and received an email the day of that a meeting conflict came up. We rescheduled the meeting and had a mix-up regarding the time zones. Rescheduled once more, and confirmed, and the day came to have the meeting, and I never received a call--no follow up, nothing! If someone else was being considered, they could have at least let me know. I would respect that more than just not being told anything (no call, email, etc). Very unprofessional and speaks volumes for the company. I would not want to work for a place that handles on-boarding processes with such lack!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of one 9am-5pm day at Pariveda's office in Bellevue.
    9:00-10:00 Behavioral Interview with a VP
    10:00-11:00 Coffee/Meeting with a Consultant or Associate level employee.
    11:00-11:45 Lunch with VP(s) and Recruiter(s)
    11:45-2:30 Case Study and Presentation of Solution to VP(s) and Recruiter(s)
    2:30-5:00 B-APT Assessment (Proctored Exam)
    Behavioral Interview was normal, no questions too out of the ordinary.
    There's no great way to study for the B-APT aside from reviewing basic logic languages or knowing some assembly code type-language. The B-APT offers it's own programming language and tests you on its functionality from the ground up.
    The Case Study was difficult, but since they could present nearly any scenario it is hard to prepare for it. I suggest reviewing common algorithms, practicing other case studies, and making sure your presentation and communication skills are on par.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss/team leader, how you approached them about the disagreement, and how/if this affected the outcome.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

I went for a behavioral interview. The topics ranged from what fields interest you, what projects you have and are working on, and questions about handling difficulties in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• How would determine in 3-4 minutes how many gas stations there are in Houston, if you were in a team of two and only had access to a phone, laptop?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at on campus career fair. Got invited to a dinner a few weeks later, followed by a behavioral interview the next day and technical interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something you put a lot of effort into.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First step is a behavioral interview. The next step in the process is a Case Study interview with a programming aptitude exam all in the same day. Case study can be difficult and stressful, but it is a group problem so you won't be alone when trying to solve it.