Parker Hannifin Senior Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parker Hannifin Senior Accountant Interview Questions

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview

I applied through their website. I was then contacted by their recruiter for a phone screen. The recruiter asked the typical background questions, as well as, how much you make in your job. She then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager for a phone interview. Manager spoke about the position, the division and what's expected. The manager also asked about my background. I then moved on to a five panel in-person interview. The panel consisted of the hiring manager, HR director, future co-worker and a couple of other staff from different departments. They took turns in asking behavioral questions, as well as, a couple of task specific questions. The interview lasted about an hour and they also gave you a chance to ask questions. The next step would have been a second interview with upper management. However, I did not hear from them regarding any status for a few weeks even though I followed up weekly. Finally, their recruiter called me and explained to me that they decided to go a different route. I appreciated their taking time to call me and provide status. It made me want to keep applying to work for them.

Interview Questions

• I thought I was prepared for the panel interview but it can be intimidating, especially if it's in a small conference room and you're sitting at the head of the conference table. To me, it was a bit claustrophobic. There wasn't a hard or unexpected question but just getting use to the interview environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Parker Hannifin

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin (Cleveland, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

After having interned for the company for two summers, I was brought in for full-time interviews at the company's corporate headquarters in Cleveland (Mayfield), Ohio.

I met with 3 Vice Presidents and one HR representative, with a different walking guide taking me to each interview room. All of the interviews were one on one and very conversational/behavioral based. What began as a QA session would quickly become a talking session about hobbies, goals, future hopes, and where I wanted to be in 5-10 years. They really wanted to assess WHO I am and WHAT I want - it's very evident they care about their employees and as well as each individual's personal development.

A lot of hiring is based off of great character and from my experience, my personality and work ethic is very closely aligned with that of my team as well as my division. Parker does a very good job of hiring personable, self-motivated individuals that are able to co-exist and create unique ideas to help solve everyday business solutions. If you're fortunate to intern with the company, the interviews for full-time positions are mostly a hand-shake deal.

Best tip for the actual interviews? Just be yourself, be honest, ask them questions on their personal experience, and come in knowing how you want to contribute and how you plan to develop yourself to become a better asset for the company.

Interview Questions

• No real brain busters except: "If you could have dinner with any 3 people, who would they be and why?"

Why was this difficult? Because all of the other questions were technical- or behavioral-based. Wasn't expecting the mood to be lightened!
      Answer Question