Parkhill Smith & Cooper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Parkhill Smith & Cooper

2.1

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper (Arlington, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied by sending in my resume and received an interview. Afterwards I waited for second interview and received an offer. I had my first interview on campus and my second interview using WebEx. It was a seamless process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewed went smoothly! 3 people interviewed me, two from land development and the other one from the transportation sector. They make you feel comfortable, and even break the ice for you by enjoying and laughing at the interview. They always stayed professional, but comfortable.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper (Lubbock, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The first contact was made through the job fair, and then the open house. The open house was such an amazing experience because it was the perfect opportunity to talk directly with the person in charge of the area of interest.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper (Amarillo, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process involved a somewhat informal lunch interview where I got to know the engineer I would be working under, followed by a phone interview with the Electrical Engineering team leader. Mostly discussed were prior experience and interest in the architecture business.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any CAD/drafting experience?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper (Lubbock, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two design interns during a career fair at Texas Tech University. Overall, it was very fast and basic questions about architecture. After that, I went to an open house of PSC where you can visit the firm and interact with employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Architecture? How do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Construction Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper (Midland, TX).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and informal. I was made to feel at ease from the time I walked in the front door until we finished the interview. It lasted for about an hour and we discussed various topics from personal to professional. When I walked out of the interview I was confident I had found the right company to work for. I was so relieved when I got the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a particular question but I do remember being told that they don't want me to work a lot of overtime. They prefer to keep your hours below 45 hours per week.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was proud to be employed with PSC. There was no need to negotiate because of the offer.

Parkhill Smith & Cooper Response

Mar 31, 2016 – HR Director

PSC's leadership values your work/life balance and being as efficient as possible to our loyal clients hence our discussion on overtime during the interview. There are times that 90+ hours are turned in on timecards because a deadline had to be met but an incentive to missing that valuable time with your loved ones is that PSC will pay you for every minute you are away from them...exempt or non-exempt.

Structural Engineering EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper (El Paso, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Arrived at the office on time for my interview. Interview took place in conference room. Additional interviewer was available through conference call. It is very difficult to judge reactions using this method. After the initial interview I was given an extensive tour of the office and continued conversation for several hours. You will have to ask if you've gotten the job, it may take several days from them to respond.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Revit?   1 Answer

Parkhill Smith & Cooper Response

Mar 31, 2016 – HR Director

The hiring process is difficult for the candidate, we can appreciate the life decision that you are in the process of making; however, at PSC we not only want the brightest candidates but also a future team member that we will be working with for countless hours on important projects. We take that responsibility very seriously at the same time we know you have other places you can seek employment. It's a tight line to gauge but we are diligently working to make our application process as user friendly to potential future employees as possible while preserving the culture we've worked so hard to protect.

Structural Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Parkhill Smith & Cooper in March 2011.

Interview

PSC first had an open house to look at potential candidates for internships. I made a good first impression with the department I wanted to intern for and I was called in to be interviewed about two weeks later. The interview was more conversational than Q&A style. It seemed like they were looking for people who were easily trainable, likeable with good communication skills, and hard working. I later got a phone call with an offer about a week after my interview.