Parkland Health & Hospital System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.9

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Professional interview in a panel format with various Unit Managers. Also was a group interview with two other interviewees. We all got the jobs and also became RNs after graduating and passing boards.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, behavioral based; strengths, weaknesses, describe a time..., etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

This was for the nurse residency in the ED. It was a panel interview of 15-18 people, however only 3 or 4 asked questions. Everyone was very nice and made me feel as comfortable as possible. I had practiced several questions from Glassdoor and questions that my classmates had gotten and they didn't ask any questions I hadn't practiced. Afterwards, they told me more about the residency and gave me a tour of the ED. They told me I would hear back in about a week, I heard back in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why do you want to be an ER nurse at Parkland?   1 Answer
    • What is a mistake you've made in the past, and wish you could take it back? (clinical or just in your lifetime)   1 Answer
    • What is a goal I haven't accomplished yet? (She said she was going off script with this one)   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you broke the rules but thought it was justified   1 Answer

LVN Correctional Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied back in August, and was invited to a interview 10/20. Once I interviewed with the panel I sat down with the talent recruiter to discuss orientation and pay. Was told to wait for an email to start the process.

Talent Management Data Analyst-Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied with my own research in my job hunt, and after 1 month I received a call from them and scheduled a face to face interview. I need to present on the topic Future Trends of HR in Health Care. I did my research and presented for almost 20 minutes. There were 3 people in the hiring team and started asking me their prepared questions. I answered very well and they said they were impressed with my presentation and answers to the questions. They also said me that they were looking a candidate like me who fits into this role and gave me a positive feedback. I was in contact with them after the interview tracking the status of my application. And after 45 days of the interview, they didn't even reply to my emails just updated NO FURTHER INTEREST in their careers site.

After all my efforts and patience they did not even send me an email for the rejection. I am sure they missed an efficient employee.

Please improve the speed of hiring process and at least update the status of the people whom you interviewed.

Interview Questions

• IBM SPSS, All situational questions from your experiences to know about your personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Buena Park, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through parkland careers and was emailed by the hiring agency. The interview was done through phone. I called parkland and was able to talk to the manager who did the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What are some cases you handled in the medical unit. What are cases you handled for the surgical unit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was called in to take a skills pretest. The process went OK. However, the person who contacted me did not respond to emails on a timely basis (24-48 hrs).

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email, and that was our communication method. I scheduled a inperson interview for the following week. The process very easy, I interviewed with the manager and assistant manager, they asked me behavioural questions. They went to get three nurses so they could evaluate me as well. The nurses were impressed with I asked them questions, and was prepared. Be sure to have your head in the interview and give good examples when answering the questions, make eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle multiple tasks at one time?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you finished a project before the deadline?   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview w entry very well the interview talk about how long have I been certified nurse as st and why sure the facility hiring you and I replied that I have been in this field a long time and I know my position.

Interview Questions

• How long as a certified nurse aide   1 Answer

Psychiatric Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview by four people that sat across from me in a row in a small room. Each person asked questions. I was dressed very professional and arrived fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• What shift was I available to work? Tell us a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Nurse Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an interview ~2 weeks later. There was a medication calculation test that I had to take prior to the interview. It was a panel interview of about 8 people. It took almost 3 weeks to hear back by email.