Parkland Health & Hospital System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parkland Health & Hospital System Interview Questions

Interviews at Parkland Health & Hospital System

2.9

Sort:

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System.

Interview

I submitted my application on a Sunday and was emailed for interview on the following Tuesday. There was only one day set up for interviews and it was the following week. The interview was short with only a few basic questions. I met with two different groups of nurses. I received job offer 10 days after interview.

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was smooth and easy. Asked basic questions. The manager was interested in knowing what my future goals were . What my plans were. I was asked how long I've worked in the patient care setting. How I work with difficult patients. What kind of skills I have.

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met with two groups of nurses. Usually a younger and older crowd with experience. Overall some behavioral type questions and a very fluid interview. I received an email confirming an interview and then met with the unit managers. Shortly after I was offered a position about 3 days after that. They determine your interview where to put you and what unit you fit in unless you're only interviewing for a specific unit.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

You submit an online application, and then if your application qualifies for the first screening, then you go in for an in-person interview where there is a panel of managers and following the interview they then let you know by email if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability for this position?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

Interview

Professional interview in a panel format with various Unit Managers. Also was a group interview with two other interviewees. We all got the jobs and also became RNs after graduating and passing boards.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, behavioral based; strengths, weaknesses, describe a time..., etc.   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online from Parkland website and got an email about setting up an in-person interview a week later. Interviewed the week after, first with lead PT and hiring manager for ~30 mins, then with 3 staff PTs also for ~30 mins. Also toured the new hospital. Heard back about final decision a month later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you've encountered in the clinical environment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System.

Interview

Apply on line, wait for call from the recruiter, Waited for the manager to schedule the interview, go to interview, it was a 1:1 and then a panel, wait for background check, drug testing, wait to see if offer made, determine if going to accept the offer, accepted offer, waited for license to post, went to orientation, had a month of in-house orientation.

Social Worker Interview

Interview

Apply online. HR recruiter called to schedule interview. HR interview asked basic "get to know you" questions. I had multiple panel interviews with social workers within the department. Overall, they are looking for a personality and work ethic match. HR contacted me with an offer within a week and a half of interviewing.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It took more than 6 weeks for the background check to go through. Then, Human Resources sent me an e-mail saying that I was selected for an interview. I arrived 20 minutes early to the designated interview location. Then, 20 minutes later, a lady from the HR office told me that the pharmacists who were doing the interviewing wanted me to drive to a different location. I thought this was rather unprofessional on the part of pharmacy management. I was interviewed by 3 younger males and 1 younger female. I introduced myself, smiled, and shook hands with the males, who greeted me with frowns and long stares. Only the female greeted me with a smile after I shook her hand and introduced myself. The males frowned after reading my resume and questioned whether I would be able to keep up with the pace of Parkland. There was some obvious age stereotyping going on because my resume indicated that I worked at high volume hospitals for most of my career. The female nodded and smiled as I answered the interview questions - she was the only positive member of this panel. There was a lot of smirking and condescending comments coming from the men WHILE I WAS TALKING. They were clearly not listening to a word I said. Someone's phone in the interview room kept buzzing. Then, at the end of the interview, I was told that the position for which I applied had already been filled. This interview was by far the most unpleasant, hostile and disorganized one I have ever been a part of. I am a multi-ethnic, older female from the East coast - I felt that there was definitely some discrimination against me for one or more reasons.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Parkland Health & Hospital System (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the career fair and waited for three hours for an interview, while there I watched every native African and Indian nurse regardless of employment history get offers on the spot, while several of the Caucasian BSN, RN's that i was talking with all were passed over or told that they would be called back. When after sitting there for three hours I was finally called up it was the manager of med surg that spoke to me and even though I have three years hospital experience with Baylor Scott and White, I was told that my skills were not what they were looking for at the moment but to please keep applying online. One of the people that I was talking to was a nursing home nurse with 2 years nursing experience yet he was offered on the spot a position on the telemetry floor. I was amazed and mortified at the same time that PARKLAND would be so blatantly going for the TJTC credits in a big way.... Thanks a lot PARKLAND. The worst part of it all I live in Dallas and have to pay the Damn parkland Tax no matter what!

Interview Questions

• NOTHING ABOUT ME OR MY EXPERIANCE..... Just noticed my color   Answer Question