Parsons Brinckerhoff Interview Questions in Godalming, England | Glassdoor

Parsons Brinckerhoff Interview Questions in Godalming, England

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Godalming, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff (Godalming, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

A applied for the position after the website indeed.co.uk directed me to the Parsons Brickenhoff web site. I applied for a 1 year contract position. The rate was not advertised and wrongly assumed they would be paying the going rate I expected of £25 per hour.

Initially, I received a call offering to make an appointment for an informal chat on the phone with their HR person. This happened as agreed, and I would say that this was no problem and was pretty short. Nothing major. Just a few preliminary questions to suss me out I guess. Another interview at their site was arranged.

I traveled to their site in Godalming and met with their I.T. guy along with an HR guy from up North. He was the guy I'd spoken to on the phone. He had a pleasant manner that I could warm to and feel relaxed talking to.

I was lead to a room and introduced to the I.T. manager. The first thing they did was present me with a skills test. The first thing I thought was, if this is an intelligence test, then I'm out of here. However, to my relief, it was simple questions about the kind of things I know about. So I sailed through it and missed out a couple.

The actual interview was non-intimidating and went well. Towards the end, they kind of joked about that question they always ask which is, "What are your strengths and weaknesses." I thought it was a nice touch to make light of these types of questions and gave me a sense that these people are pretty down to earth when all said and done.

At the end of the interview, I needed to get down to money. To my horror, I was told that they are offering between £17 and £22K per year. I then asked if this really was a contract position. They said it was and kind of felt an idiot for not asking this at the telephone stage. I had another interview lined up and decided to tell them this was the pay I was looking for. So then if I perhaps could later discuss the pay with them or whatever.

I left the interview feeling totally disappointed because I knew it had gone really well, apart from the stupid pay. When it gets like this I wonder if I might as well work in a Mcdonalds drive thru.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would deal with being called up by the MD who says he has printing problem. But at the same time, Jo Bloggs in Production has a more serious problem.   1 Answer

I was telephoned and offered the position. The HR guy said however that they could not offer me 22K because my previous experience was not in an environment of as many staff. Which was rubbish because doing the calculations, where I had previously worked, it worked out the same if one considered the number of support staff vs the numbers being supported. Parsons Brickenhoff employed a lot more support staff so it worked out the same really. They offered me 18k. That is about £8 ish per hour.

In the end, I couldn't contain myself and just had it out with the HR guy and told them that I had previously done I.T. support contracts for the council. I charged £25 per hour and that was considered low. I told the HR guy that what they were doing was completely ridiculous and had to turn down the offer.