Parthenon - EY Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my college's career center. Was contacted in a few days that I had a first-round on-campus interview. The same evening of my interview, I was called and informed that I was invited to a final-round interview in the Boston office the following week. The final-round consisted of three different interviews. One was a group case interview, where four of us were in a room and had an hour to prepare a 30 minute presentation to two managing directors, while a senior associate sat in the room the entire time to analyze our preparations. There was also one, 30-minute behavior/resume-focused interview, as well as one, 30-minute case-based interview. All the cases include data and graphs for the interviewee to analyze and incorporate.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your experiences in a group setting that worked well, and one that did not?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The on-campus interview was a two-part interview with a fit and case section, the fit was very straightforward and the case was simple and based on profitability. Both interviewers were very kind and friendly. The final round had a group case, a slightly more complex profitability case and a fit component as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

An on campus recruiter came and conducted interviews. The format was a behavioral section with the usual "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work here" questions. The second part was a business case. The case was a little challenging but not too difficult. Interviewers were very nice and friendly and made me feel comfortable as I was going through the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round on-campus interview: two interviewers (one associate, one manager) and 30 minutes each. Both focused on the case and the behavioral. Fish taco food truck market sizing.
    Second round onsite interview: one group interview, 3 one-on-one with a variety of employees.
    Overall, it wasn't that bad. Cases were very straightforward.

Interview Questions

Ultimately had other offers on the table that were more attractive in terms of exit opportunities and networking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on the website. Heard back in a week. 30 minutes resume based phone interview plus a 30 min case interview. If you passed the phone interview, they will invite you to the on site one within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The profit of building a Hamburger shop in the neighborhood   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through university. First round interview was two 30 minute cases. Second round interview was on-site. It involved a rather long group case interview, a 30 minute individual case interview, and a 30 minute fit-interview. The group case was the largest part of the interview. We were given a 20 page packet of information about a client case. The case was about re-vamping the marketing strategy of a struggling snack company. We were asked to prepare a presentation on how we would advise them. The one-on-one case was about whether or not a client should enter a new market, it involved a market sizing exercise and it was pretty straight-forward. The fit interview was also very straight forward. Generally, the interviewers were very nice and I felt pretty relaxed through the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun? What is the success you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of interviews. The first was 2 cases including a strategy case and a market sizing case. The second round included an interview with a partner and an interactive case.

Interview Questions

• The partner interviews are generally pretty free form and allow you to get to know them, their area of expertise, and the firm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First Rounds at Selected Colleges only, usually the top MBA colleges. Two cases - Market sizing and Strategy. You need to clear the First rounds to even be considered to come to the home office to interview
    Second Rounds at Boston office - Partner chat, strategy case and chat with your School Captain.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do consulting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Resume and cover letter drop; 2 rounds of interviews with first round on campus and second round in the offices. Two case interviews during the first round, 1 written case and 1 fit during the second round. The second round usually happens within a week of the first, but may vary based on schedules and availability.

Summer Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Parthenon - EY (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process was through Parthenon's on-campus MBA recruiting. I attended their company presentation and info sessions, where I learned a lot about the company and people. Everyone I met was very friendly, interesting, and engaging.

The interview process was two rounds with first round on-campus. It consisted of a case interview and a more conversational interview. Second round was in Parthenon's Boston office, and consisted of a longer, more interactive case, as well as an interview with one of the partners in Boston and one final more conversational interview.

Throughout the process I became more and more excited about the prospect of working at Parthenon. The strategy consulting work sounded exactly like what I was looking for, and the people I met seemed like a great group of colleagues to learn from.

Interview Questions

• Parthenon is looking for people that are smart, nice, and driven. When did you first realize you were "smart"?   Answer Question