Partners HealthCare Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were multiple interviews with many people. One interview with multiple interviewers, but not a panel. More like a tag team. It was a very long drawn out process. Very stressful.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Somerville, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager scheduled telephonic interview contacting through email. Interview went well and positive. Interviewer asked me to get back to me after two weeks. Never heard back from partners healthcare. I also sent follow up email for couple weeks but never heard back. My experience is negative in terms of follow up after interview. I wonder how hard it is to send an email stating "we have decided not to pursue further your application." ?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief phone call with HR followed by phone call with hiring manager. After ~3 weeks, the hiring manager followed up with me (email) to inform me that she had decided to move forward with other candidates. I thought this was a really nice touch. Questions where a mix of behavioral and details on past work experience

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Received call from the recruiter and set up a phone interview. Initially digging into the resume. Then asking the question about the each skill and experience and some project related to it. The recruiter was asking the question of machine learning and deep learning and while giving the interview, I felt she does not about technical think but acting smart. Later on, she told you don't have the knowledge of tensorflow, torch which is just the packages of python. She did not forward my resume to the hiring manager and disqualified immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about machine learning and deep learning   Answer Question

Project Manager - Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Somerville, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter followed by in-person with hiring manager and other manager.
    They do extensive on-line reference checks without even a formal offer.
    Recommend NOT agreeing to on-line reference checks without an offer; backwards process!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your company? Describe your greatest achievements. What tools do you use to complete a project. Why do you need a Charter?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant At North Shore Medical Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Somerville, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I briefly spoke with a recruiter who first called me at the wrong time and then was late calling me the second time. Her tone was flat and completely transactional. She seemed like she had no real interest in conversing about my qualifications or the position. She sounded as if she was reading from a script and couldn't wait to get off the phone. All questions were to see if I 'checked the box': why are you looking, what do you do currently, what's your compensation?

Interview Questions

• Not difficult at all- standard questions, see above   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Somerville, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had applied online to the position and the recruiter contacted me via phone after a week or so and we had a conversation regarding my interest in the position and my skill set. The recruiter then sent me the details for the in person interview for the following week. I was interviewed by 3 members on the team and the manager and had a very good experience. It felt more like a conversation than an interview where I described my previous experience and the team gave me an insight into the work culture etc. The interview lasted about an hour and I was also given a tour of the office space as well. The recruiter came back with positive feedback and made an offer. After submitting my reviews and clearing the background check I joined Partners.

Interview Questions

• Briefly mention some of the challenges I faced in my previous role   Answer Question

Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Tech test on computer without internet access, basic concepts of object oriented programming. Asked to implement an interface and date time handling, file read write functionality, how to connect to database from java code etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, fixed salary

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager asking if I was still interested in the position. A first interview was set up where I met with her and another director that also was affiliated with the department. The the first interview went well and I was scheduled for a second interview a little over a week later where I met with the hiring manager and team leader for the department. Three weeks after the second interview I sent an email to the hiring manager to find out where they were in the hiring/interview process (no response). I waited another two weeks before sending a second follow up email(no response). After waiting another two weeks I called and spoke with the administrative assistant who initially scheduled the interview(s). She stated that she was not part of the hiring process but would have somebody get back in contact with me. Later on that day I received an email from human resources stating that the position had been filled.

My thoughts after receiving the news was that an organization such as Partner's Healthcare should have notified all prospective candidates of their hiring decision not just the one selected for the role. It took me to call to only to hear back from somebody in human resources that was not part of the hiring process. I would have thought that the hiring manager (who initially contacted me about the position), who I interviewed with twice, and sent the follow up emails would have been the person to let me know of her hiring decision. I was very disappointed in how Partners went through their hiring/interview process is an understatement.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict with a manager or team member?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Partners HealthCare (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was three interviews: two of which were behavioral and a third which was a case. It was an extremely straight forward and friendly interview process basically trying to gauge your interest in healthcare and business development.