Party City Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Party City (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview with store manager, then district manager, the hr managers, then you take a drug test if you are in the running for the job. After drug test comes back they make you an offer. After that you are scheduled, do online yraing, and start in the store.

Interview Questions

• What are my strongest points.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Blaine, MN).

Interview

I was already employed with the company when I was promoted to Assistant manager so I was already a contender, however, my first position which was the Full Time Team Lead was very easy in my opinion. Basic interview questions. I had a meeting with the SM but I later had a 2nd interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Interviewed by HR Mgr and DM. DM had his cell phone and was there for 40 seconds of my interview. Too busy to deal with the interview. Sat in the bck office. Store Manager was happy to have me on the tem!! the 7 other SM I went thru the next 4 years could really care less of team envolvement

Interview Questions

• Everything that you would expect...Do you like dressing up and do you like Halloween were the main focus.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

6 wk process, 5 interviews. 1st w/ recruiter. 2nd w/ dist. mgr. 3rd with HR. 4th with mgr. of neighboring dist. and 5th with national mgr. Was told on 4th interview I would have an offer as soon as they decided what district I would go to.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult about any of the interviews. Text book interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Party City (Lafayette, LA) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was very professional with the exception of the setting. The office I was interviewed in was like a tin can stuck in the middle of a warehouse the size of a slightly larger tin can, but I did find out that most of their stores are designed this way. The questions were very basic and standard.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Party City?
      What did you do for Halloween?
      How much do you know about the Seasonal Retail Business Standards of smaller retailers?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I was interview by the district manager. She seem very uninterested not really listening to my answers as if she knew she did not want to hire me. I was the one with the most energy in the interview. At the end of the interview she said she would call me whether or not i got the job. She never called. I called and left a message inquiring if i was still being considered for te position. She never reterned my call. Over all, im lucky to even recieve an interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you evern been paid salary before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2009.

Interview

Just have to do an interview usually with the Assistant Manager. They just ask general questions unless your interviewing for Halloween Season. Otherwise, they go off a questionaire. If applying for Management, you have to go through a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• What have you done last Halloween and who where you. Do you like Halloween.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City in June 2009.

Interview

recieved a phone contact from the HR dept 2 days after applying online. They set up a phone interview for the very next day. They explained the position , pay , then asked me questions about past experience. HR dept set me up for a interview with district manager that very same week.

Had a great interview with the DM, lasted about 1 hour very laid back and not formal. I felt that i over dressed for the interview wearing a suit as the DM was very casual. We talked past experience and again it was very low pressured.

Dm informed me that I will need to do a second interview with the regional vice president which was set up a week later. Again very relaxed and no hard questions they just wanted to get to know me and then asked me how much I wanted. I gave a offer and he said he would contact me in a couple days if my background test turns up okay.

Offer came back higher then i asked , very pleased.

Interview Questions

• Actually no formal questions , it was very laid back. Asked about my experience but no difficult questions whatsover.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not low ball yourself, give them a range within 5K that you would be willing to work for, They actually offered me alot more then i asked for I was very pleased. They said they had no interest low balling me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City in March 2012.

Interview

Played phone tag for about a week. My phone calls were returned during the times I had told the manager I would be working. Told to take the "simple" on line test. Was not warned that the test consisted of difficult math questions that needed the use of a calculator. Took the test and knew I did badly. No call from the contact I had been talking to. Thought it would have been polite to at least call and say I wasn't a good fit for the company. I have been working management for over 10 years. I have never experienced an "interview" process so difficult for this type of position. The manager gave me more information about his career with Party City than he ask for about my career.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were in the on line test.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City in March 2009.

Interview

It was a fairly short process, I answered an ad online. I was interviewed once by The district and the store managers. It was a standard interview. They hired me off this one interview. No drug test was required but a background check was done.